Get rid of Jeremy Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Gary Bettman needs to call off his dogs such as Jeremy Jacobs.Why is Jacobs is the negotiating room?No CBA will be reached with the likes of Jacobs

According to Tim Panaccio of the Philadelphia Inquirer,Jacobs started a confrontation with Bob Goodenow

Jacobs called out to him, "Do we have an agreement that whatever we're doing, we're not paying more than 54 percent player cost?"

Goodenow, who at that point was talking about schedule dates, was taken aback.

"No, that is not what we're doing," he retorted. "That is a leaguewide cap, and we're not interested in doing that."

Goodenow again told Jacobs that the union's hybrid plan would allow each team to determine, within a specified range, what it would spend on payroll, without guaranteeing a strict percentage.

Jacobs, who favors a small salary cap, got angry.

"He gave Bob a stare-down," one witness said. "Bob doesn't like that."

Jacobs then reportedly said, "Well, I don't know if it will be productive for us to meet, then."

That remark caught everyone at the bargaining table by surprise, since both sides had agreed moments earlier to speed up the negotiations with a set schedule.

Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, someone from the league office - perhaps Bettman or Bill Daly, the NHL's executive vice president and chief legal counsel - apparently pointed out to Jacobs that the goal was to extend the negotiations, not abruptly end them.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/11456882.htm

Are you kidding me?Maybe Jeremy wants to blow off another season of no NHL hockey being played.He is staring down Goodenow?What is this?The fifth grade playground after school.Bob should have taken the water pitcher located in the middle of table and cracked Jacobs over the head with it

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Funny how we have a whole 6-page thread chastising Goodenow for allegedly and reportedly hesitating and/or according to some unknown source isn't too happy and/or didn't return Gary's phone calls within 3 minutes to schedule the next meeting, therefore he's the devil and he's stalling.

Hopefully this sheds some light on what is actually going on. Seems they actually were scheduling the next round of meetings until this screwball messed everything up. Can we get a replacement Bruins owner until this whole thing is over?

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
gc2005 said:
Funny how we have a whole 6-page thread chastising Goodenow for allegedly and reportedly hesitating and/or according to some unknown source isn't too happy and/or didn't return Gary's phone calls within 3 minutes to schedule the next meeting, therefore he's the devil and he's stalling.

Hopefully this sheds some light on what is actually going on. Seems they actually were scheduling the next round of meetings until this screwball messed everything up. Can we get a replacement Bruins owner until this whole thing is over?

wait for it.. you will probably see someone come in here attacking the credibility of this article for lack of sources.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
shakes said:
wait for it.. you will probably see someone come in here attacking the credibility of this article for lack of sources.

Well, it is obvious that the article was written by nothing more than a PA mouthpiece.

Does that cover it? ;)

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
chiavsfan said:
I wont say anything about the article...but you simply can't just "get rid" of an owner. He owns the team, and until he dosen't unfortunately, he will be around

But you can make sure he never sees the inside of a negotiation room ever again. His little tirade didn't exactly help. And it might have derailed the whole process.

chara

Mar 31, 2004
chiavsfan said:
I wont say anything about the article...but you simply can't just "get rid" of an owner. He owns the team, and until he dosen't unfortunately, he will be around

You are correct. However, guys can choose to list Boston as destination not to be traded to or inform their agent to disregard any offers from Boston when they become free agents.

His team has plenty of holes to fill. Unless he plans on filling them with AHLers, Jacobs better watch his temper. If I were a betting man, I'm betting Boston returns to the basement of its division for years to come.

SENSible1*

chara said:
You are correct. However, guys can choose to list Boston as destination not to be traded to or inform their agent to disregard any offers from Boston when they become free agents.

His team has plenty of holes to fill. Unless he plans on filling them with AHLers, Jacobs better watch his temper. If I were a betting man, I'm betting Boston returns to the basement of its division for years to come.

I'm sure the UFA's won't consider the Bruins offers, right up until the point when they offer 1% more than anyone else.

Keep Jacobs in the meetings to keep the concessions coming.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
chara said:

Damn good point. Up until now, this thing was personal, but Bettman was the only target of the players' hatred. Players were always careful to not say anything bad about owners who will one day be signing their paycheques again. I'm sure when Lamoreillo and Hotchkiss are involved in meetings, the PA might not agree with them but they do respect them. Not so for Jacobs. Right or wrong, players could easily hold a grudge and not sign with Boston, at which point Boston is sunk.

EricBowser

Dec 8, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
I used to work for one of Jacobs' business ventures, he's all about the bottom line and making profits. He doesn't care about the little people who make his business go, if his company isn't making a budget, he'll fire the GM, or manager, or regional President.

I'm Pro-Owner but having Jacobs and his selfish, profit-driven ego in that room will not get a deal done.

That man is a jerk and only meaning in life is to make money at the expense of any hard-working employee.

I hope the NHLPA tells all established NHLers to ignore the Bruins for at least the first season upon return. To see them suck on the ice, struggle at the gate would really hurt his ego and that might be the best thing this "union" does.

spokedB44

Feb 18, 2005
Beantown
EricBowser said:
I used to work for one of Jacobs' business ventures, he's all about the bottom line and making profits. He doesn't care about the little people who make his business go, if his company isn't making a budget, he'll fire the GM, or manager, or regional President.

I'm Pro-Owner but having Jacobs and his selfish, profit-driven ego in that room will not get a deal done.

That man is a jerk and only meaning in life is to make money at the expense of any hard-working employee.

I hope the NHLPA tells all established NHLers to ignore the Bruins for at least the first season upon return. To see them suck on the ice, struggle at the gate would really hurt his ego and that might be the best thing this "union" does.
I am Bruins fan and Jacobs is the death of hockey in boston. He will blow all of next season for us to. What does he care? He is one of the few owners who is due to make a boatload of money when he sells the team. We and Boston are counting down the days when he does.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
chiavsfan said:

Not get rid of Jeremy Jacobs from the owning the Bruins.Don't let him attend another session between the NHL and NHLPA.If Jacobs wants to chastise the agent for Jason Allison or Bill Guerin and sever the relationship between the Bruins and that player,that is Jacobs business since he owns the team.However when he has the fate of 29 other teams hanging in the balance,Jacobs should stop acting like an *******.That's all

jaws

Mar 12, 2005
Stittsvegas
EricBowser said:

And just think, there's 29 other guys that are just like him. The only good stuff I've ever heard from an employee about an owner is the stuff people here in Ottawa said about Rob Bryden. I've talked to some of these guys and they'd say they'd take a bullet for him any day. He was always with'em, talkin to them, supporting them, great guy. Melnyk on the other hand, is never in Ottawa but instead in the Carribean, and could care less about the little guy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Get him out. Get rid of him. I'm tired of hearing from him. He needs to be taken out behind the woodshed and shot.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
EricBowser said:

And yet that man and all his billionaire buddies still have the undying love and support of the majority of people who stop by these boards. They are saints, not at all content with what they've already won, trying to squeeze as much cash as possible out of the NHL while the players who have given in on every single issue are greedy bastards. Go figure.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
pitkanen>bouwmeester said:
Is this really that suprising when you consider the history of this moron?

I think everyone would be to find out that there is in fact a bigger moron in this squabble than Bettman or Goodenow

Vic Rattlehead*

Um, does someone want to buy the Bruins, please? :help:

Chara brought up a good point. Jacobs tactics in the negotiations could be ruining Boston's future.

Vic Rattlehead*

chara said:
Unless he plans on filling them with AHLers

That was most probably his plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
This is what ive been saying, get rid of the idiot. Give him his plane ticket and home and say Thanks, we'll call you when the deal is almost done. This is why I hate the elderly (ok well it really has nothing to do with anything cept the fact they always start coming in my lane when im passing them)

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
shakes said:
Well, Tim Panaccio did write it, so of course it's open to criticism. As for Jacobs, what an ass.

Lanny MacDonald*

I agree that he should no longer be at the table. He seems to be focused on preventing a deal from getting done. The NHL should replace him with Cal Nichols instead.

In regards to gettin g rid of Jacobs period, well this seems like the perfect opportunity for the players to put their money where their mouths are. The NHLPA should buy the Boston Bruins and show the rest of the lague how a successful operation should be run. They seem to have all the answers and this is the perfect situation to be in (original six, great hockey market, huge broadcast market, etc.) so maybe they should buck up and prove they know the business better than the guys who have put up the hundreds of millions of dollars to buy the teams and build the buildings. As tired as I am of Jacobs and his ilk, I'm more tired of the mindless persecution of the guys who have fronted millions of dollars so a bunch of unskilled labor can make millions of dollars a year. Its put up or shut up time IMO.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
go kim johnsson said:
Get him out. Get rid of him. I'm tired of hearing from him. He needs to be taken out behind the woodshed and shot.
Well between Money Laundering and Embezzling and attending & disrupting the CBA negotiations Jacobs certainly has a full slate I'll give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad