OT: The thread formerly known as Mousecop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Might as well take a look and see what else is out there.

People should be doing that on a regular basis anyway. Even if you're happy with where you're at and don't have any complaints, you should always keep an eye on what's available.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Doesn't really feel like a "actively seek out a new job" kind of situation. Trust me, I've been there before.

I like the work, I like the people, I'm good with the pay. I'm not bored with it. I can appreciate the idea of always being on the hunt though.

I think this is more of a situation where I need something else to obsess over for a little while. :laugh:

EDIT: And probably be a little less sensitive and not sweat the little things so much. Which is basically the story of my life, so easier said than done for whatever reason...

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
People should be doing that on a regular basis anyway. Even if you're happy with where you're at and don't have any complaints, you should always keep an eye on what's available.

I think it depends on what your situation and goals are. Not having a commute, flexibility and low stress is what’s important to me.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

I think it depends on what your situation and goals are. Not having a commute, flexibility and low stress is what’s important to me.

This is also dependent on industry. I know in IT and the such, frequent changes are almost expected. But there are a lot of industries that look at a resume with job changes every few years and it becomes an instant red flag.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Who is there to talk to about warning points? I just got warning points and banned from posting in a thread I'd like to post in by "Troll Stomper" which isn't an active user.

I'd like an explanation. I did not insult anyone, and merely responded to a comment that was made and which is still there. I said that being optimistic is a fine worldview, but people will get mad if you tell them how to post during wins. I could understand deleting ALL comments involved since they don't DIRECTLY pertain to Phil Housley, but banning me from the thread and giving me warning points? Because the conversation isn't within a ridiculously rigid and narrow path that no message board in history will ever consistently hold to? What the actual f*ck?
I would recommend directly messaging a mod or @Buffaloed

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Just saw a josh Allen jersey in Hollywood studios.

Rock and roll coaster is the best ride at Disney.

I need a vacation from my vacation.....:confused:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
On the flip side, who hasn't wanted to slit their wrists while riding It's a Small World?

Thankfully when we went I didn't have to go on that. My wife, when she went as teenager was stuck with her younger sister who would only ride It's a small world. So she had to ride it repeatedly. As a result my wife hates the song and the ride and refused to go on it when we took my son almost 10 years ago and we avoided it all together.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Just saw a josh Allen jersey in Hollywood studios.

Rock and roll coaster is the best ride at Disney.

I need a vacation from my vacation.....:confused:

I was doing some speaking in Wyoming last week and there were a ton of quasi-Bills fans due to Josh Allen. The ones that weren't were more concerned with Allen's safety behind the oline.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Today I was named Associate of the Month at work. Also my friends sent me the best late birthday gift ever:
20181203_132856.jpg

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Police Catch Tesla Autopilot Driving Home Sleeping Drunk

I'm guessing his defense will be talking in his sleep.

:sarcasm:

I'm actually interested as to how he achieved this. The system is designed to require you to hold onto the wheel and will harass you to touch the wheel every 60 seconds or so if you stop holding the wheel. So you can go hands free to grab a drink or stretch for a bit, but still need to be paying attention. My guess is he used a defeat device (basically something that tricks the steering wheel into thinking you are holding on). I think GM's version of autopilot is a cheap trick (basically, they work based on a map rather than reading road lines), but, their eye tracking tech to make sure you are paying attention is way better than Telsa's annoying you into compliance IMHO.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I'm actually interested as to how he achieved this. The system is designed to require you to hold onto the wheel and will harass you to touch the wheel every 60 seconds or so if you stop holding the wheel. So you can go hands free to grab a drink or stretch for a bit, but still need to be paying attention. My guess is he used a defeat device (basically something that tricks the steering wheel into thinking you are holding on). I think GM's version of autopilot is a cheap trick (basically, they work based on a map rather than reading road lines), but, their eye tracking tech to make sure you are paying attention is way better than Telsa's annoying you into compliance IMHO.
Probably an orange

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I am not much of a gamer and haven't bought a new game in probably a year or two, but this Red Dead Redemption 2 game has me pretty temped. Looks amazing lol. Anyone have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad