Proposal: Get MN a top 6 C

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would give up a lot for Vilardi, but considering he's the only one of their centers to actually show something at the pro level, he's probably going to be the most difficult to get. Right there with #2. We could try to pry Turcotte, he would be slightly cheaper than both of those, but LA probably isn't interested in trading any of those three assets until guys start to prove themselves. Madden, Kupari or Thomas might be realistic, and relatively cheap, but they're also guys I wouldn't count on being more than middle 6 centers at best.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Seriously, just about everyone here hated on that deal, but now those guys are gone anyway and Domi + Dvorak would look pretty decent in green!

Yep, me included. It's just crazy to think of that parallel universe where that trade goes through, Granlund gets traded for Fiala, and Fenton gets praised as a genius GM. Can you imagine this squad with Domi, Dvorak, Staal, and JEE down the middle? Then you've got Khovanov and Sturm right behind.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but it has sounded like that trade was somewhat close to coming to fruition. A franchise altering decision that was so close to happening that will sting for quite some time. With how hard it's been for this organization to find center help, it's just a "what if" that's hard to get over...

----------

Just got to thinking what this team would look like currently going into next year:

Fiala/Kaprizov - Domi - Kaprizov/Fiala

Parise - Dvorak - Kunin

Donato - Staal - Mayhew/Anas

Foligno - Ek - Greenway

Suter - Spurgeon

Brodin - Dumba

Soucy - Pateryn

Imagine a lineup of this and how cheap it would be. There'd be so much cap flexibility and assets to make moves and signings. Not to mention, our prospect pool would still be great.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
RNH gets TOI with two transcendent offensive players. On a team like ours, he is a light middleweight, 55 pt. C(as he was before LD and McD) who will need to be signed to a long term deal when he is 28yo- something like 7/52M. He has also been a loser for his entire NHL career. Not the worst thing in the world, but I would like to do better.

In any event, RNH is not available, unless his agent demands huge $$. I sure as hell don't want to pay him big bucks.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t disagree with Nugenprobably isn’t the player he is on Edmonton as a C on MN, but he also would have the advantage of being the go-to guy in a lot of situations that he doesn’t get in Edmonton. The puck would be on his stick more often on the PP, he’s be playing 1st line minutes in all the top scoring situations with Fiala and Kaprizov. He’d be out there for the 4 on 3 PPs, the 5 on 3 PPs. I don’t see how anyone could confidently say he’s garunteed to only be a 50 point C here. I think 60-70 points is definitely possible.

I can understand wanting to make a play for a different C, but at some point we have to make a play for a C and being too picky and skeptical has hurt us before.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think Necas would be ideal I just don’t think we have what would be needed to make it happen. Carolina doesn’t need D, they don’t really need forwards (not that we have anything great to give up). I would build something around our first, but I think we’d have to add a bunch to it and I’m still not sure that gets it done. It’d have to be an overpay

Reactions: TanSor

TanSor

Jan 26, 2019
W'scans'n
I think Necas would be ideal I just don’t think we have what would be needed to make it happen. Carolina doesn’t need D, they don’t really need forwards (not that we have anything great to give up). I would build something around our first, but I think we’d have to add a bunch to it and I’m still not sure that gets it done. It’d have to be an overpay

I think the Necas ship may have sailed when Carolina traded for Skjei but if we can get him without going too crazy with what we're giving then I'd be ecstatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->