Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
"Who knows: Maybe guys like Erik Karlsson and Mike Hoffman will still be traded in the off-season. And if "that is the case, expect the Sens pipeline to bulge."

Why would they say a thing like that? Why? :eek:

They’re just repeating what other media’s have said to sell

When a team is selling at the deadline, all their best players are gonna attract interest and rumors will flow. Medias job is selling news, or in that case, rumors

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I can see a lot of threads beginning next season, that Filip Gustavsson should be the starting goaltender, but Boucher doesn't like young players and will choose old vets like Anderson instead.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good pickup. If he is the answer and one of the better starting goalies in the NHL, it’s a huge piece of the rebuild.

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
will be watching the development of Gustavsson with excitement. I think he's our lebreton opener starting goalie.

Alex Formenton was putting on a show at the Civic Centre today. The video on one of his goals is highlight reel worthy. Up on twitter via Mendes and others.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I wish we could get 10 solid goalie prospects in the system. Nowhere to play them though.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
have him and hogberg duel in belleville next season. Whoever takes over and earns the spot as starter gets to run with it

just please get rid of hammond and taylor and dont sign any mediocre goalies to block development

Reactions: West Coast Eagles

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Hopefully he can become a stud goalie for a long time but I'd guess he won't be starting in the NHL until at last fall 2020.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
have him and hogberg duel in belleville next season. Whoever takes over and earns the spot as starter gets to run with it

just please get rid of hammond and taylor and dont sign any mediocre goalies to block development

I think Hammond has already left the building.

Reactions: StoneHoffs129

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Hammond has already left the building.
He's on the mend from a concussion is what I understand.

I will get excited when Gus comes over and can win more games than he loses with good save percentages and gaa in Belleville.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Honestly I think he'll be better off as a starter in Sweden. Give Hogberg the starting job in Bingo.

Agreed. Leave him in Sweden for awhile.

The last thing we should do is put him behind any team (Belleville or Ottawa) with a weak defensive core. Let him learn behind a relatively structured team first.

Reactions: Benjamin

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Honestly I think he'll be better off as a starter in Sweden.

I agree with you in theory (sometimes it's better to let Euro goalies get some seasoning overseas), but I think he already said that he wants to come to North America as soon as his Swedish season is over. Wants to play a few Bingo games if he can before the season is done. It sounds overwhelmingly like he wants to start his North American career ASAP.

Honestly, after the B.S. that Wikstrand put us through, I'm always happy to hear when guys legit want to come and pay their dues in the AHL.

Reactions: derriko

Frowin

Jul 6, 2016
Skelleftea. SE
I think as a SHL fan (live here) Filip would be better of going over to NA to get to know the game "over there"

He's current team is a struggling team (they have had a good streak now, but have been struggling the last years) and even tho he could learn more in SHL he would learn more in your leagues.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Agreed. Leave him in Sweden for awhile.

The last thing we should do is put him behind any team (Belleville or Ottawa) with a weak defensive core. Let him learn behind a relatively structured team first.

Needs to play in North America ASAP.

Goaltenders are more affected by the differences in the size differences between International sized ice and North American sized ice surfaces. Many former goaltenders have pointed this out.

He needs a minimum of two complete seasons (no call ups for a look-see) in the AHL as a "starter", maybe three.

Last edited:

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I can see a lot of threads beginning next season, that Filip Gustavsson should be the starting goaltender, but Boucher doesn't like young players and will choose old vets like Anderson instead.

We're stuck with Anderson for another 2 years. I don't think anyone around the league wants a goalie signed for 2 more years at $4.85M and looks like me might have father time catching up to him.

I'm hoping that this season was just part of that strange pattern where Anderson is great one season and then not so great the next. But the sad part is he's got 2 years left, so next season should be good times but the one after will be junk again.

I'm hoping the Sens let Gustavsson develop in the AHL, and that they sort out the defensive structure issues to not have him get shelled night in and night out. Gotta develop the kid's confidence too!

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Needs to play in North America ASAP.

Goaltenders after more affected by the differences in the size differences between International sized ice and North American sized ice surfaces. Many former goaltenders have pointed this out.

He needs a minimum of two complete seasons (no call ups for a look-see) in the AHL as a "starter", maybe three.

Agreed.

Was there not a mention by the media or Dorion himself that Gustavsson is coming over to play in the AHL next year

I hope so and I hope we surround him with some talent

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I hope we fix the mess that is Belleville so that he isn't getting absolutely shelled every night next season.

We also have to hope that Belleville doesn't have 4 goaltenders next year. Next season the only two goalies in Belleville should be Hogberg and Gus, THATS IT, no free agent signing from the KHL, nothing, nada. Let these two Swedes battle it out together, even if they struggle. I hope that the team will be better, but its hard to imagine especially if Dorion/Lee are still responsible for filling out the roster.

Reactions: Deku

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Agreed.

Was there not a mention by the media or Dorion himself that Gustavsson is coming over to play in the AHL next year

I hope so and I hope we surround him with some talent

I also remember reading that he is coming to play in Belleville as soon as his SHL is over (which will be soon). After fumble clicking through the Lulea website (it's all Swedish!) I discovered that their final game of the regular season is on March 10th.

I don't know if they are playoff bound, but if not, he could be in Belleville pretty soon!

Reactions: DJB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->