Proposal: Get Elias Pettersson some Wingers!!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I don't care who it is. As long as I never have to watch Eriksson on Elias's wing again. Probably has cost him three or four assists
Well if you really don't care,then how about Zach Hyman? Babcocks favorite winger. What can Tornto get for such a gem!

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Too early to be making a deal. Teams don't usually make these trades until they've actually gotten to the playoffs and are a piece or two away from being a contender. The Canucks are still like 4 pieces away from making a trade like that.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
Obvious options in my eyes are Gustav Nyquist and Jakob Silfverberg. Both Swedes, both pending UFAs, both bring some experience and veteran leadership to the group.

Another obvious option to me is Nylander; what it takes to get him is the potential problem.

Vancouver 2nd + Brisebois for Nyquist

Archibald + Edler for Silfverberg

Tanev + Lind + Vancouver 1st for Nylander

Not a chance from Vancouver. Take out the Vancouver 1st, add a Toronto 2nd and it might be close.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
That is true. Still another option exists, trade.

honestly I don't think his future salary will be in line with vancouver's internal salary structure. also I dont think van and tor are good trade partners

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Fair enough.

it's just bad for team morale when horvat makes 5.5 and then we give assets and more money to nylander. he would definitely improve the team but i would explore other money puck options first like toffoli, panarin, namestnikov or pearson

Reactions: Leaf Fans

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Vancouver ought to try to trade for Sprong.

It obviously wouldn't take Virtanen, even if I think Sprong is the better young player. He's a hell of a young talent who'd probably kill it with Pettersson, and Sullivan hates him so you'd probably be able to get him for Alex Burrows' old jockstrap.

I'd love to see him tear it up with the Canucks just to spite Sully.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Canucks aren't in a position to give up assets in trades yet. Keep the course for now with likely another high pick in the 2019 draft. They have their Franchise Centre in Pettersson and an excellent low end 1C in Horvat. They need one more elite winger to go with Boeser and Dahlen. In Free Agency I would look at Panarin/Stone/Silverberg as targets.

Mark Stone being ideal as a linemate for Horvat.

Dahlen - Pettersson - Boeser
Baertschi - Horvat - Stone
Eriksson - Gaudette - Virtanen

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
No chance at anything high end unless its free agency, but as a experiment i would love to see sprong. What would that take from a pitts fans prospective

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Vancouver ought to try to trade for Sprong.

It obviously wouldn't take Virtanen, even if I think Sprong is the better young player. He's a hell of a young talent who'd probably kill it with Pettersson, and Sullivan hates him so you'd probably be able to get him for Alex Burrows' old jockstrap.

I'd love to see him tear it up with the Canucks just to spite Sully.

What exactly is he doing to be in the doghouse from sully ??

Looking at just stats alone, he doesnt look like an upgrade on Goldobin.

Whats the scouting on Sprong

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What exactly is he doing to be in the doghouse from sully ??

Looking at just stats alone, he doesnt look like an upgrade on Goldobin.

Whats the scouting on Sprong

Not succeeding in a 4th line grinder role with heavy d-zone deployment beside guys who can't produce.

His scouting is that he's a good skater with good hands and one of the best shots of any prospect out there. Defense is not a strong suit, but how often is defense a strong suit for any sniper?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Not succeeding in a 4th line grinder role with heavy d-zone deployment beside guys who can't produce.

His scouting is that he's a good skater with good hands and one of the best shots of any prospect out there. Defense is not a strong suit, but how often is defense a strong suit for any sniper?

Is he a liability tho on defence ?

His scouting sounds exactly like Goldobin although we never placed him in a grinder role.

If sprong is a liability then Travis Green isnt going to be too forgiving either.

Although playing with EP can hide alot of defensive defeciencies by possesing the puck a lot and having EP as a defensive beast helps.

I would almost look at a Goldobin for Sprong trade.

But youd have to play goldy in a top 9 role w. Pp time if you want him to succeed.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Is he a liability tho on defence ?

His scouting sounds exactly like Goldobin although we never placed him in a grinder role.

If sprong is a liability then Travis Green isnt going to be too forgiving either.

Although playing with EP can hide alot of defensive defeciencies by possesing the puck a lot and having EP as a defensive beast helps.

I would almost look at a Goldobin for Sprong trade.

But youd have to play goldy in a top 9 role w. Pp time if you want him to succeed.

Goldobin would probably just get the Sprong treatment, so that'd be pointless.

The Pens would probably deal Sprong for a 3rd or 4th, or a reliable bottom 6 plug. I think that's a ripoff, but that's probably what they'd take.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

The Pens would probably deal Sprong for a 3rd or 4th, or a reliable bottom 6 plug. I think that's a ripoff, but that's probably what they'd take.

Gaunce is former 1st rnder and a reliable 4C.

No speed but very cerebral and dependable in a non scoring role

Reactions: JuniorNelson

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Markus Granlund fills that criteria. Decent defensive c/w that can pk and has a good shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad