Proposal: Get Elias Pettersson some Wingers!!

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
well in terms of a physicality he is weak so it fits his physicality perfectly

Seriously if you are older than 12 that post is utterly embarrassing. Like I could barely read through that without feeling genuinely bad for you. Did you think this was funny or witty In any way?
Weak nickname so you draw the line to weak physicality so the weak nicknames, get this right, fits it perfectly?
You should explain this, and any explanation other than being a young teenager is just embarrassing IMO

Reactions: Sayonara77

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Bird in the hand...

his contract demands make him a no-go, or else what do we do when Brock and EP need a raise? Do they immediately get 10 because Nylander got 8 from our team?

Plus, QH is among the best D prospects not in the NHL right now.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Unless something insanely good comes along, I say stay the course. No need to do anything but wait for prospects to develop, draft more prospects, and maybe sign a UFA if needed.

Besides, even though Goldobin isn't producing numbers, he's playing very well. He's on the forecheck, he's being responsible defensively, and he's generating chances for his linemates. He just needs some time to find his offensive game. Calling him a scrub, well... l'll let that statement speak for itself.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Free agents rarely work out the way you think. Either they end up on an entirely different line you envisioned them with, or with a different player than you planned on them playing with. Or they don't work out at all. Once in a blue moon they might work out as you planned though. This is one the reasons why you don't try and rush a rebuild.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I remember a few months ago someone started a thread saying this was the year for the Canucks to go “All-in” and he was laughed off the forum.

Pettersson is young. Plenty of time to develop prospects to be his wingers. The Canucks aren’t actually in the “all-in” years of their rebuild.

Take a breather, OP. You’re only a few steps out the door on a marathon.

Reactions: zcaptain

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Are there any unsigned Swedish wingers that are unsigned RFAs that they can offer-sheet or trade for?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
clearly you don't understand what any of my posts are getting at...

they are getting at the fact that your responses aren't related to what we were discussing...

0/4

All I saw was you call Pettersson weak and then get upset when I said Glassthews, a bit hypocritical there. Talk about having thin skin.

Your numbers are also a weak attempt at trolling, like the rest of your posts in this thread. Do better next time.

Anyways, to get back on topic, wingers for Pettersson - I'd be fine if the Canucks go the free agency route assuming they don't overpay for a veteran on the wrong side of 30. Otherwise just continue to build through the draft and hope one of our prospects can turn into a 1st line winger.

Reactions: SomeoneGreat

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
EP40 is playig with AHL/waiver worthy scrubs on his wings. How he is doing what he is doing and putting up points is beyond me.

His most partenered up line mates this year are Loui Eriksson and Nikolay Goldobin. Eriksson is a good 3rd line checker at this point and Goldobin went pointless during the 2 weeks EP was injured. SCRUBS.

Boeser has played with EP40 but when everyone is healthy, Boeser plays with Horvat.

So get EP40 some help !

Please note, the Canucks are still rebuilding so they are not quite ready to mortgage top picks and top prospects for immidiate help.

*Lets keep Nyalander out of this* As mentioned the Canucks arent ready to move young pieces or picks.

Most likely the Canucks will find help for EP40 via feee agency. There are some fantastic players hitting the market this summer

Panarin
Stone
Silfverberg
Simmonds
Skinner

However , the canucks should turn over every stone and ensure there isnt a great trade option they are passing up.

Possible Baits.

Tanev
Edler
Hutton
Juolevi ( unlikely)
Gudbranson

Virtanen ( unlikely)
Gaudette ( unlikely)
Baertschi

Markstrom
Nielson

Picks
2019 - 2nd rnd pick
2019 - 3rd rnd pick

2020 - 1st rnd pick ( unlikely)
2020- 2nd rnd pick
2020- 3rd rnd pick

Obvious options in my eyes are Gustav Nyquist and Jakob Silfverberg. Both Swedes, both pending UFAs, both bring some experience and veteran leadership to the group.

Another obvious option to me is Nylander; what it takes to get him is the potential problem.

Vancouver 2nd + Brisebois for Nyquist

Archibald + Edler for Silfverberg

Tanev + Lind + Vancouver 1st for Nylander

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Obvious options in my eyes are Gustav Nyquist and Jakob Silfverberg. Both Swedes, both pending UFAs, both bring some experience and veteran leadership to the group.

Another obvious option to me is Nylander; what it takes to get him is the potential problem.

First one seems fairly on point, don't think ANA would want the second one. Third one, meh I'd rather trade for a guy who's playing. But with all these, they would need to be sure they could sign them. Giving up Brisebois and a 2nd only to have Nyquist walk would be infuriating.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I don't care who it is. As long as I never have to watch Eriksson on Elias's wing again. Probably has cost him three or four assists

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Agreed with @GoodbyeLuongo - only the first one makes sense. Canucks give up too much for Nylander, as that 1st round pick could be top 10 (which is roughly what Nylander is worth straight up).

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018

Isn't Tanev injured again? Also dont think the Canucks would trade their 1st. Toronto also could get a better return.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Nylander is one that'd make sense in terms of trading for, but they already have Boeser so they're in no rush. I think Gaudette would be a good fit on the Left Wing of Pettersson for now, might even make Canucks fans forget about trading for more Left-Wings and Right-Wings. I think Goldobin and Baertschi fit the bill as well.

But I may like to add Gustav Nyqvist.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Canucks decline all of them

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

Why give up a 2nd for nyquist and a prospect when he can just walk away in the summer , same w. Silfverberg.

Just offer them a contract in summer. Its not like were going to try and win now.

If they were under term then id consider the offer.

Huge pass on nylander if thats the cost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad