Gerrit Cole sweepstakes

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Last year, we had dedicated free agency threads for Harper and Machado, so why not one for the probable AL CY winner, and arguably the best pitcher in the game. He will become the highest paid pitcher ever, but the question is, by who?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not the best pitcher in the game.........

But he will smash both Price + Grienke's records for pitching contracts. Its notable that he has something like 300 less innings on his arm than Price did when he hit free agency.... and he was good in the playoffs.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Heyman said it's likely to be the Angels, with outside shot to Yankees (name probably thrown for clicks).

I don't blame them, LAA is probably the most desirable organization ATM. Evident by Ohtani signing there, Trout getting an extension and now Cole.

Sep 19, 2008
Heyman said it's likely to be the Angels, with outside shot to Yankees (name probably thrown for clicks).

I don't blame them, LAA is probably the most desirable organization ATM. Evident by Ohtani signing there, Trout getting an extension and now Cole.
The only problem is they don't win games

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

don't see how a team that has zero playoff wins this decade could be the "most desirable organization"

i mean yeah they're no doubt a top signing spot given trout's presence and maddon now there but aside from the weather i don't see any other reason why guys would be lining up to play for them. cole's only very likely going to sign there because moreno is going to hand him the contract and ask him to write in how much

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
don't see how a team that has zero playoff wins this decade could be the "most desirable organization"

i mean yeah they're no doubt a top signing spot given trout's presence and maddon now there but aside from the weather i don't see any other reason why guys would be lining up to play for them. cole's only very likely going to sign there because moreno is going to hand him the contract and ask him to write in how much
It's not just Trout, they have a lot of great pieces.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It's not just Trout, they have a lot of great pieces.
trout, ohtani, and........maybe simmons?

they have zero starting pitching or relief at the moment. signing cole will help for sure but they still need to fill some major holes in the rotation and pen

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
trout, ohtani, and........maybe simmons?

they have zero starting pitching or relief at the moment. signing cole will help for sure but they still need to fill some major holes in the rotation and pen
Adell. I actually like our bullpen, though I still hope we add another reliever. Robles, Buttrey, Middleton, Ramirez, Bedrosian, and Anderson are a good group

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad