German Prospects for the NHL Draft

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I have heard that Max Eisenmenger will try for Sweden because he has started very well in in J20 Super Elit. Also his size makes him an interesting player for Sweden. They don't have many Center with 194 cm.
His brother also made it good in the first camp for the U16 team in Sweden.
Sad for Germany.

Thanks for the information.

We'll see what happens, but it is certainly understandable if they want to play for Sweden. They grew up there and it probably feels more like their home country than Germany. And of course if they can play for Sweden internationally they would have an actual chance of winning something.

But for now I will keep them on my lists.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know if I buy that both are playing for Sweden, since Max himself played for Germany in a U17 AAA tournament just last year. Though its not a IIHF sanction event, it could mean where the player stands for the international level. I mean I wouldn't be shocked if they decided to play both play for Sweden, but to be honest I don't know if they are good enough for Sweden. A couple years ago, I would say both are promising, but now Max has sort of not lived up to a bit of that hype IMO. His numbers aren't bad for the Superelit, but NHL quality forwards that Sweden produce are above PPG as underagers in the same league. Magnus looks like the more interesting player since he's easily better than anything at U16, thus why he's in U18 Elit. And Sweden doesn't have high enough big centres? They have De La Rose and 193 cm Olhaver which Avs drafted over this summer. Honestly, I think the country who asks them first is going to get their rights. They can definitely play more if it is for Germany than being scratched/injury options for Sweden.

If they do decide to play for Germany, I think both can be some really good depth options for tournaments, which Germany have severely lacked (talent on the bottom 6 lines). I must admit, a lot of players that Germany are starting to develop are looking like it has been the best since the country has gotten into hockey. The defensive talent is worrying since all their NHL defenders are on the wrong age, but forward wise, it has been a step in a the right direction concerning talent.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I don't know if I buy that both are playing for Sweden, since Max himself played for Germany in a U17 AAA tournament just last year. Though its not a IIHF sanction event, it could mean where the player stands for the international level. I mean I wouldn't be shocked if they decided to play both play for Sweden, but to be honest I don't know if they are good enough for Sweden. A couple years ago, I would say both are promising, but now Max has sort of not lived up to a bit of that hype IMO. His numbers aren't bad for the Superelit, but NHL quality forwards that Sweden produce are above PPG as underagers in the same league. Magnus looks like the more interesting player since he's easily better than anything at U16, thus why he's in U18 Elit. And Sweden doesn't have high enough big centres? They have De La Rose and 193 cm Olhaver which Avs drafted over this summer. Honestly, I think the country who asks them first is going to get their rights. They can definitely play more if it is for Germany than being scratched/injury options for Sweden.

If they do decide to play for Germany, I think both can be some really good depth options for tournaments, which Germany have severely lacked (talent on the bottom 6 lines). I must admit, a lot of players that Germany are starting to develop are looking like it has been the best since the country has gotten into hockey. The defensive talent is worrying since all their NHL defenders are on the wrong age, but forward wise, it has been a step in a the right direction concerning talent.

Defense really seems to be a problem, although there are some solid young defensemen out there: Jonas Müller, Tim Bender, Konrad Abeltshauser and Oliver Mebus who are already getting close to be options for the national team, and guys like Maximilian Gläßl, Simon Schütz, David Trinkberger, Janik Möser, Dominik Tiffels or John Rogl who might get there.
None of them are truly top level prospects but they should provide some depth on the blueline in the future, but we really need to find someone to replace guys like Ehrhoff and Seidenberg (although he rarely played for Germany) who were just a level above anyone else.
My biggest hopes for the future (based on stats watching and hearsay) aside from the already mentioned Gläßl and Schütz are Oliver Granz, Lukas Kälble, Leon Gawanke, Pascal Grosse and David Farny.

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015

Have you see the boys playing in Sweden?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Yannik Valenti seems to have joined the Jungadler Mannheim.
Will be interesting to see if he plays for the U16 team in the Schüler Bundesliga, the U19 team in the DNL or if he will be loaned back to Kassel to play in the DNL2.
We'll see what team he plays for this weekend.

Playing for Mannheim should definitely help his development at this point.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Yannik Valenti seems to have joined the Jungadler Mannheim.
Will be interesting to see if he plays for the U16 team in the Schüler Bundesliga, the U19 team in the DNL or if he will be loaned back to Kassel to play in the DNL2.
We'll see what team he plays for this weekend.

Playing for Mannheim should definitely help his development at this point.

it's a regular transaction. he will play for mannheim only. likely both, U16 and U19.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
it's a regular transaction. he will play for mannheim only. likely both, U16 and U19.

He was a defenseman in his first DNL games. Interesting move, could be to teach him the defensive side of the game. He does it really well too, definitely doesn't look like someone who just turned 15 playing against older competition. Terrific skater, very good hockey sense and passing. Tries to be physical despite his rather small frame. Really exciting player.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
He was a defenseman in his first DNL games. Interesting move, could be to teach him the defensive side of the game. He does it really well too, definitely doesn't look like someone who just turned 15 playing against older competition. Terrific skater, very good hockey sense and passing. Tries to be physical despite his rather small frame. Really exciting player.

Thank you so much for sharing that information. I was slightly disappointed, although that might be too strong a word for it, that he didn't make it on the score sheet. Playing defense in a new environment with new teammates and probably less ice time than in Kassel, certainly makes it difficult for such a young kid to tear up that league in games 1 and 2.

I really hope I will get a chance to watch him play for the U17 or U18 national team within the next couple of years.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
How about Tim Fleischer? He had two goals and three assists in three games against Finland U16 just a month ago. Also, Dominik Bokk seems to be already producing effectively in the DNL.

I would really like to know more about those kids too, but I am just a stat watcher, and from that perspective there are several players born in 2000 that interest me.

Dominik Bokk and Tim Fleischer along with Sebastian Hon and Bastian Eckl are at the top of that list and others like Gregory Saakyan, Lukas Artus, Nikita Alexandrov and Daniel Wirt are close behind.

Too bad I don't have the time or the resources to go and watch these kids play.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Thank you so much for sharing that information. I was slightly disappointed, although that might be too strong a word for it, that he didn't make it on the score sheet. Playing defense in a new environment with new teammates and probably less ice time than in Kassel, certainly makes it difficult for such a young kid to tear up that league in games 1 and 2.

I really hope I will get a chance to watch him play for the U17 or U18 national team within the next couple of years.

Any time, glad I could help!

He really didn't play much, 3rd D-pairing. He did play on the PK though, which really surprised me. I honestly wasn't sure if that was really him for the longest time. Has his jersey tucked so you couldn't read the name, so I checked the number on the official game report and also recognized his face. Really surprised to see him on D, especially considering how well he did there and that he got to kill penalties as a purely offensive forward playing D for the first time.

I would really like to know more about those kids too, but I am just a stat watcher, and from that perspective there are several players born in 2000 that interest me.

Dominik Bokk and Tim Fleischer along with Sebastian Hon and Bastian Eckl are at the top of that list and others like Gregory Saakyan, Lukas Artus, Nikita Alexandrov and Daniel Wirt are close behind.

Important to note that stats aren't everything, especially in junior hockey. Just look at Bartek Bison who got drafted by the PG Cougars (WHL) out of Mannheim this year. Had 3 goals, 0 assists in 20 games (reg. season plus playoffs). Has 5 points in 19 games for PG so far this season. But he's 6'3", skates well, great hands, outstanding shot. That's what matters.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Important to note that stats aren't everything, especially in junior hockey. Just look at Bartek Bison who got drafted by the PG Cougars (WHL) out of Mannheim this year. Had 3 goals, 0 assists in 20 games (reg. season plus playoffs). Has 5 points in 19 games for PG so far this season. But he's 6'3", skates well, great hands, outstanding shot. That's what matters.

That is true. Usually I just pick the players that play for the junior national teams and then some kids that do have intriguing numbers or get to play in the DNL ahead of time.
Of course if any kid would ever again put up Kahun or Draisaitl numbers, that would be a pretty strong indicator that there is some talent there.

Since stats and the occasional game report from the national teams are all I have access to, I will have to make do with that. For scoring forwards and maybe very offensive defensemen you can make certain assumptions based on their stats but even for them it is not nearly enough for a fair assessment. And it is even less so for two-way players and most defenders.
Goalies are very difficult to judge by stats too, because the talent gap between some of these teams are so big, that you could have an exceptionally talented goalie but he will still get blown out a lot if the team in front of him is really bad and they play against a powerhouse team like Mannheim.

So, if you ever get to watch a player, that you think is really good, but not on my lists, please feel free to let me know and I will add him.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

defensive play was never a problem for him. he's a smart 2way kid, not just all offense. it's gonna be interesting if he switches full-time. a kid with his hockey sense could be a modern offensive D. his dad was a good example of a solid F who turned into an offensive D. and while sven is getting older, he's still a great skater which allows him to continue with hockey. yannik is a lot like sven, he will be just a bit better in everything i think. :D

Aaron Barone

Jan 1, 2016
Berlin
Draft 2019

I think a great prospect from germany is going to be Manuel Alberg. He got a couple of points in the Schüler Bundesliga as underager. I would keep him in mind.
Also Dominik Bokk but he is a 2018 prospect. He plays really good. He got 13 points in his last 7 games. But mostly he plays DNL with 15 years and he got one point per game. Just two great players!

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How about Tim Fleischer? He had two goals and three assists in three games against Finland U16 just a month ago. Also, Dominik Bokk seems to be already producing effectively in the DNL.

Wow, all these players look very interesting from stat watching!!! Not saying any of them will become the next Leon Draisaitl. Noebels and Arnold are two examples of players who had interesting successful junior number, but looking like all they'll amount to are solid DEL players. But lets hope that at worst case they all become at least solid KHL/SHL players to at least help the national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad