German Prospects for the NHL Draft

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
So he had 30 goals in 9 Schüler-BL games this year and 31 points in 30 DNL2 games. Time for him to join a better club?

Looks like he'll need to hit a growth spurt soon to be a potential NHL prospect though.

His father has been a long time pro here in Germany and means a heck of a lot as an identification figure for the Kassel program. He's played at pretty much all levels and went from being a heavy and banging DEL winger to a very offensively-oriented Dman at the Oberliga and 2nd Bundesliga levels.

His son definitely bears keeping an eye on.

Speaking of which, have you seen the Eisenmenger brothers at all? They play for the Sodertalje program.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
So he had 30 goals in 9 Schüler-BL games this year and 31 points in 30 DNL2 games. Time for him to join a better club?

looks like he's staying in kassel for at least another year. yannik doesn't want to move yet from what i've heard. but aside from playing with U19 as 14y old pretty much all season, he was also in practice with the kassel huskies (DEL2) senior team from time to time along with his dad.

if he stays with kassel for another year, i wonder if the huskies have the guts to play a 15y old in the DEL2 for some games.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
looks like he's staying in kassel for at least another year. yannik doesn't want to move yet from what i've heard. but aside from playing with U19 as 14y old pretty much all season, he was also in practice with the kassel huskies (DEL2) senior team from time to time along with his dad.

if he stays with kassel for another year, i wonder if the huskies have the guts to play a 15y old in the DEL2 for some games.

That would be nice. I guess he will mostly be playing in the DNL2 next season, since it seems painfully obvious that he has outgrown U16 hockey at that level.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
CHL Prospect ?

Could be. May depend on his performance at the U18.
On the other hand he will likely play pro hockey full time next season if he stays in Germany.
Hopefully I can find some decent streams for the German games this next week, so I can watch him and a few others more closely. So far I have only seen him a couple of times on rather choppy streams last year. Don't remember if it was at the U18 WJC or at the U17 WHC.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The first couple of leagues (DNL and DNL2) started last weekend.

Yannik Valenti is off to a nice start, but I really hope to see him with a better team next season, where he faces better competition.

Another kid with a notable start is Dominik Bokk. He could be somebody to keep an eye on.

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015
The first couple of leagues (DNL and DNL2) started last weekend.

Yannik Valenti is off to a nice start, but I really hope to see him with a better team next season, where he faces better competition.

Another kid with a notable start is Dominik Bokk. He could be somebody to keep an eye on.

What's about the Eisenmengers in Sweden? Has the Season already started?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
What's about the Eisenmengers in Sweden? Has the Season already started?

Yes, both of the Eisenmenger brothers and Lean Bergmann who is also playing in Sweden started their season a couple of weeks ago.

Btw my plan is to update the stats every Monday. Unless my work interferes I should be able to do so.

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015
Yes, both of the Eisenmenger brothers and Lean Bergmann who is also playing in Sweden started their season a couple of weeks ago.

Btw my plan is to update the stats every Monday. Unless my work interferes I should be able to do so.

Are they doing well?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Are they doing well?

Since I don't get to watch the games, it is hard to tell.
It's generally difficult to assess players based on stats alone, and this early into the season it is even worse.
But so far Max Eisenmenger has been centering the second line for Djurgardens J20 but hasn't contributed much on the scoresheet.
He has been pretty good at faceoffs, though.

His brother played for Djurgardens J18 but they've only played 1 game so far where he played center on the 2nd line.

Lean Bergmann has played for both, the J20 and the J18 team of his club Almtuna this season and put up some points for both. He always seems to shoot a lot and is playing as 2nd line winger in the J20 team and 1st line winger in the J18 team.

That is all I can gather from the stats I have at this point.

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015
Since I don't get to watch the games, it is hard to tell.
It's generally difficult to assess players based on stats alone, and this early into the season it is even worse.
But so far Max Eisenmenger has been centering the second line for Djurgardens J20 but hasn't contributed much on the scoresheet.
He has been pretty good at faceoffs, though.

His brother played for Djurgardens J18 but they've only played 1 game so far where he played center on the 2nd line.

Lean Bergmann has played for both, the J20 and the J18 team of his club Almtuna this season and put up some points for both. He always seems to shoot a lot and is playing as 2nd line winger in the J20 team and 1st line winger in the J18 team.

That is all I can gather from the stats I have at this point.

Is there a big Differenz beetween the J20 Superelit where Eisenmenger play and the J20 Elit where Lean Bergmann is playing?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Is there a big Differenz beetween the J20 Superelit where Eisenmenger play and the J20 Elit where Lean Bergmann is playing?

Can't really say. I don't know the Youth Leagues in Sweden well enough.
After looking at the difference in production of some other players who have played in both leagues, I would expect there to be a significant albeit not huge difference.

Maybe someone from Sweden would be more helpful in this matter.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
How does Valenti compare to Leon Draisaitl?

Like any German prospect he compares pretty bad to Leon.

I don't see anyone coming even close to Draisaitl in the next 4-5 years, probably longer.

Tobias Eder is a decent prospect for the 2016 draft and Valenti might reach that level that could make him a potential mid-round pick.
But it is a long time to go for him and he will have to play on a better team and against better competition before you can really assess him.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Is there a lot of north american players in Junior league in Germany this year ?

Not that many. These are the ones I have found so far:

Pos | Name | Team | League | Nation
F|Charles Aubin|HSV Young Freezers U16|Schüler BL|USA
F|Matthew Horn|RT Bad Nauheim U16|Schüler BL|USA
F|Scott Low|RT Bad Nauheim U19|DNL2|CAN
D|Wayne Lucas|ESV Kaufbeuren U19|DNL|USA
F|Clayton Nevers|RT Bad Nauheim U16|Schüler BL|USA
F|Preston Phelps|SC Bietigheim-Bissingen U16|Schüler BL|USA
F|Daniel Pronin|Jungadler Mannheim U16|Schüler BL|USA
F|Lucas Smith|Mannheimer ERC U16|Schüler BL|USA
F|Mack Stewart|Augsburger EV U16|Schüler BL|CAN
F|Kyle Tissue|Löwen Frankfurt U19|DNL2|USA
D|Bryce Truby|Kölner EC U16|Schüler BL|USA

There are likely others with dual citizenship, though.

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015
Can't really say. I don't know the Youth Leagues in Sweden well enough.
After looking at the difference in production of some other players who have played in both leagues, I would expect there to be a significant albeit not huge difference.

Maybe someone from Sweden would be more helpful in this matter.

Will the Eisenmengers play for Germany or for Sweden?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Will the Eisenmengers play for Germany or for Sweden?

My guess would be Germany, since they may not be good enough to play for Sweden and at least Max has already played for the German U17 team in the past.
I don't know enough about the Swedish youth systen to say if they are even remotley considered for their national teams.

It will be interesting to see if he plays for the U18 in April in the Div.I World Championships. I don't think he will be a candidate for the U20 in December, yet.
The only '98 on the U20 roster will probably be Tobias Eder.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Work is crazy at the moment so I probably won't be able to update the stats this week. But things should get back to normal next Monday.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
My guess would be Germany, since they may not be good enough to play for Sweden and at least Max has already played for the German U17 team in the past.
I don't know enough about the Swedish youth systen to say if they are even remotley considered for their national teams.

it was no IIHF tourney though. i have doubts that both are eligible to play for germany. neither has played 2y in germany i think. remember butenschon.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
it was no IIHF tourney though. i have doubts that both are eligible to play for germany. neither has played 2y in germany i think. remember butenschon.

I don't know if this applies here, because I think the 2 years only apply if a player wants to become eligible for a new country, but since they have never played in an IIHF tournament for either country they can still choose freely.

From the IIHF rules:

To play in the IIHF World Championship, the Olympic ice hockey tournament and the qualifications to these competitions, players must fulfill the following qualification requirements:
  • Each player must be under the jurisdiction of an IIHF member national association.
  • Each player must be a citizen of the country he represents.

Acquiring a new national eligibility (The ‘two-year’ case)
When a player has changed his citizenship or has acquired another citizenship and wants to participate for the first time in an IIHF competition representing his new country he must:
  • Prove that he has participated for at least two consecutive hockey seasons and 16 consecutive months (480 days) in the national competitions of his new country after his 10th birthday during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey within any other country. Female players need to have participated on a consistent basis for at least one hockey season and have been member of the new national association for at least 12 consecutive months during that period.
  • Have an international transfer card (ITC) that shows the transfer to the national association of his new country and which was approved and dated at least 16 months (480 days) before the start of the IIHF competition in which he wishes to participate.

Change of national eligibility (The ‘four-year’ case)
A player, who has previously participated in IIHF competition, can switch national eligibility (but only once in a player's life) if:
  • He is a citizen of the new country of his choice
  • He has participated for at least four consecutive years (1460 days) in the national competitions of his new country, during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey within any other country and has not played for his previous country in an IIHF competition during this four year period.
  • He has an international transfer card (ITC) that shows the transfer to the national association of his new country and which was approved and dated at least four years before the start of the IIHF competition in which he wishes to participate.

Ushockeyagent

Sep 26, 2015

It will be interesting to see if he plays for the U18 in April in the Div.I World Championships. I don't think he will be a candidate for the U20 in December, yet.
The only '98 on the U20 roster will probably be Tobias Eder.

I have heard that Max Eisenmenger will try for Sweden because he has started very well in in J20 Super Elit. Also his size makes him an interesting player for Sweden. They don't have many Center with 194 cm.
His brother also made it good in the first camp for the U16 team in Sweden.
Sad for Germany.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad