German Prospects for the NHL Draft

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I appreciate the help, but I am covering some of these players in this thread:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1444243

But I am really glad about the information on the guys playing in the Midget leagues and on Sills, who I wasn't aware of.

Feel free to post updates on the guys, I will keep my focus on the ones playing in Europe in this thread and use the other thread for the guys in North America.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
I appreciate the help, but I am covering some of these players in this thread:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1444243

But I am really glad about the information on the guys playing in the Midget leagues and on Sills, who I wasn't aware of.

Feel free to post updates on the guys, I will keep my focus on the ones playing in Europe in this thread and use the other thread for the guys in North America.

Alright no problem

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Hi,

@Maverick:

Have you heard about the players Maximilian Eisenmenger and Lean Bergmann. Both are playing in Sweden for Frölunda and Södertälje. M. Eisenmenger has a dual citizen ship. Any chances of seeing him play in the German National Team?

Best,

Tronador

I had never heard of Eisenmenger. Thank you very much for bringing him to my attention. I had noticed Lean Bergmann last season. I had him on my list here then, but when I couldn't find him on any roster of the DNL or Schüler BL, and couldn't find any information about his team for 13/14 I removed him from the list.

If I can find a good source for updates on their stats I will include both in this thread.

As for your question, I can't really say. I am no scout and I have never seen them play. But I would not be surprised if one or both would be playing for one of the German youth teams soon, if they play regularly in their respective teams.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
[size=+2]North-American Midget Leagues[/size]​

[size=+1]Forwards[/size]

Pos | Name | Team | League | Game Type | GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/- | DOB | Draft Year | Country | Height | Weight
F|Niko Selivanov| Shattuck St. Mary's Midget AA|Midget|Regular Season|0|0|0|0|0|0|1998-09-23|2016|Germany|5'6''|148
F|Maximilian Kislinger|Peterborough Petes Min Mdgt AAA|ETAMMHL|Regular Season|0|0|0|0|0|0|1998-02-11|2016|Germany|6'2''|172
F|Sebastian Gruhler |OHA Maroon Mavericks Midget AAA|OEMHL|Regular Season|2|0|1|1|2|0|1996-03-08|2015|Germany|5'4''|119

I am really glad you found these guys.
I will include at least Niko Selivanov in my North America thread, since I have found a website that has his current stats.
If I can find something similar for Kislinger and Gruhler I will add them too.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
I had never heard of Eisenmenger. Thank you very much for bringing him to my attention. I had noticed Lean Bergmann last season. I had him on my list here then, but when I couldn't find him on any roster of the DNL or Schüler BL, and couldn't find any information about his team for 13/14 I removed him from the list.

If I can find a good source for updates on their stats I will include both in this thread.

As for your question, I can't really say. I am no scout and I have never seen them play. But I would not be surprised if one or both would be playing for one of the German youth teams soon, if they play regularly in their respective teams.

No worries, it was my pleasure. ;-)

We have to thank you here for your work to summarize the current situation of German prospects.

May be another notable prospect. He is playing in the highest slovakian youth league:

Adam Suchomer

Jasper Fitzi has a dual citizenship. It seems also to be unkown, if he would like to play for Germany.

In Austria, the players Marc Roth and Arthur Erhardt could play for Germany. Other prospects, playing in Austria:

Hubert Berger
Niklas Postel
Dominik Schönwetter
Dennis Teschauer
Christian Ettwein

Simon Josolowitsch
ist playing in the NAPHL.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
you should add G mirko pantkowski (1998) again. i think you listed him last season.

he decided to stay in kassel last summer, but now that he's a u16 national team goalie he's certainly too good to stay there. he had offers from salzburg and mannheim from what i have heard, so expect him to join a top team next year.

i haven't seen such a great goalie talent at this age for quite while in "northern" germany.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
you should add G mirko pantkowski (1998) again. i think you listed him last season.

he decided to stay in kassel last summer, but now that he's a u16 national team goalie he's certainly too good to stay there. he had offers from salzburg and mannheim from what i have heard, so expect him to join a top team next year.

i haven't seen such a great goalie talent at this age for quite while in "northern" germany.

Great, this is exactly the kind of feedback I am hoping for.
Since I don't get to see any of these kids, except those who play in the DEL, I usually pick up on players just through their stats.

I had Pantkowski on my list last year because he has been playing regularly at the U16 level since he was 13 I think, and his numbers weren't bad either.
But I had expected him to move to one of the more prolific programs before this season, and when he didn't do that and I had no way of judging his progress, I decided to remove him from the list as I had intended to slim it down somewhat.

But I will gladly include him again with the next update.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I will probably do the next update tomorrow.
I was just too busy the last couple of days.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
You can expect the next update this coming weekend. I'll probably do some of it on Saturday and some on Sunday.

And of course Merry Christmas, everyone!

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
The Jugend Bundesliga already is the best junior league below the DNL, though the southern part of it is probably a bit better than the northern part. There is no DNL-team in northern Germany, the closest team would be in Berlin. Seeing how he didn't opt to leave for other parts of the country, I'd guess his family is based in northern Germany and he can't or doesn't want to move anywhere else.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ray Ferrero was talking about how the German Junior Leagues only go up to 18 years old and 19 and 20 year old players have to play in either the DEL, DEL 2, or Germany 3.

Curious, why is that????

I see it as pro and con, pro as more players are getting drafted and better experience in North American hockey (CHL, USHL, and NAHL), but I see it as a con considering Germany has no depth on any of their teams. This could be due to a lack of development in 19 and 20 years old who are not ready to play against men.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
19 and 20 year olds who have enough talent to make it to the DEL should be good enough to play in the third tier, though they don't always get the chance to showcase their skills as many coaches prefer experience.

I think they do plan to change the DNL from being an U18 league into an U20 league, exactly because there is a bit of a jump between the DNL and pro leagues, but that change has to happen gradually over a few years, else you could screw up the entire league-setup of junior hockey.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Ray Ferrero was talking about how the German Junior Leagues only go up to 18 years old and 19 and 20 year old players have to play in either the DEL, DEL 2, or Germany 3.

Curious, why is that????

I see it as pro and con, pro as more players are getting drafted and better experience in North American hockey (CHL, USHL, and NAHL), but I see it as a con considering Germany has no depth on any of their teams. This could be due to a lack of development in 19 and 20 years old who are not ready to play against men.

He's wrong, they can play in the DNL or Junioren Bundesliga

What he probably means is those leagues are too low standard and the top players have to play in adult leagues or go to NA to develop properly

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Curious, why is that????

Money and club politics. Simple as that.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Anybody know anything about Fyodor Kolupaylo. Why doesnt he play in the DNL or at least a better junior league? http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=220349

Hamburg, where Fyodor plays, is giving its all to make it to the DNL as soon as next season. They're already establishing a collection of players who'd be on that initial team.

Of course, they still have to actually make it, but the DNL would love to have them there.

Younghockey

Apr 14, 2013
Goalie NHL

Which goalie is the best ? Any goalie, who has the Chance to Play in America or Canada?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Which goalie is the best ? Any goalie, who has the Chance to Play in America or Canada?

I would say Kevin Reich is the only one with an outside shot of making it to the NHL.
I am pretty sure he would turn out good enough to play in the AHL in a few years, but he will probably have better options in Europe.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Except for Draisaitl, who else has a chance has a chance of being drafted in the NHL. i know Moser might have a shot.

I think for this year the only guys with a very small chance of being drafted are Moser and maybe Reich. At least as far as first time eligibles go.
Dominik Kahun and maybe even Frederik Tiffels may get drafted the second time around.

Other than that I can see a few guys having solid careers in the DEL and maybe even make the national team some day, but noone jumps out to me as NHL material.

Tronador

Nov 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
I think for this year the only guys with a very small chance of being drafted are Moser and maybe Reich. At least as far as first time eligibles go.
Dominik Kahun and maybe even Frederik Tiffels may get drafted the second time around.

Other than that I can see a few guys having solid careers in the DEL and maybe even make the national team some day, but noone jumps out to me as NHL material.

..and what about Bender and Toumie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad