German Prospects for the NHL Draft

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Maverick41, Nov 19, 2012.

1. It's phishing season. Members should beware of an email informing them their password is about to expire. You should delete it. This is a scam to steal passwords.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. kalle wirsch Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Over years the DEL clubs saying the german youngsters are too bad for the DEL.
    Corana shows that isn't true.All the youngstars are playing very well.Maybe there will be a significant change in the development of german hockey

2. pgfan66 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I’ve seen people compliment Hanelt’s skating multiple times and really don’t get it. His skating is awful.

3. Franz Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    @Maverick41 when are you going to update the German prospects for the nhl draft?

4. Maverick41 Registered User Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I will be updating some of the rankings today.
    I did not get to watch a lot of hockey from these guys this season due to COVID so any changes in rankings are based on a very small sample size, but that's all I got.

For now I will only update the rankings for the 2021 and 2022 draft. Beyond that I really have almost no new information, so any updates to my watch lists for later drafts would be pretty pointless.

5. canucklax Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Wanted to thank you @Maverick41 for all the work in this thread, its a tremendous resource for looking at the future for German hockey as a supporter in the states

pgfan66 likes this.
  6. kalle wirsch Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
  7. pgfan66 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Thanks for your work, this is really great!

I don’t know much about these players but have one question anyway: how come Kechter is A rated and ahead of the Lutz tier? Especially Lutz is a player I liked in the one game I saw and he seems to be really productive at the pro level now. He also outproduced Kechter in the national teams last season and Kechter has 0 points in the Swedish U20 in 5 games. I’ve never seen Kechter and only know his stats, so just asking out of curiosity and fully trust your opinion here.

8. Maverick41 Registered User Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This was very close and I sort of fell victim to my own definition of the different tiers. Let me elaborate a little on the circumstances:
    I had Kechter ahead of everyone else for a while since I saw him just flat out dominating at the U15 and then U17 level in Germany. At that time I had not seen Lutz at all and knew nothing about him.

When I finally saw them both play for Germany in 2019 (U16 and U17), their production was similar (Lutz scored 2 more points at the U17 level I believe), but I thought Kechter was driving and impacting the play more. The difference was not great, but I still felt not comfortable to put Lutz in the same tier as Kechter, because I had seen so little of him, and had no infos on his play for Salzburg.

This season I have not seen Kechter and only a little of Lutz (where he played very well and impressed me a lot). Based on this I was actually ready to put them in the same tier, I just wasn't sure if I should move Lutz up to A or Kechter down to B.
    And this is where my own definition for the tiers became problematic, because even though I consider Kechter and Lutz to be of very similar quality (as far as I can tell given the extremely limited viewings recently) I think Kechter has a better chance of being a higher draft pick (Tier A: Players I expect to get drafted in the first 3 rounds), simply because he plays in Sweden, whereas Lutz may get less exposure and thus fall to a later round.

Thank you for your comment which made me reconsider my approach. I think I will revise my definition a little, so that external circumstances like I described here won't factor in and I'll go just by skill, potential, etc., and make some changes accordingly, though Lutz might be the only player affected by this. I hoope this clarifies things, and if you ever have any input on players feel free to share, I am always interested in even the smallest scraps of information about these players that might inform my opinions.

It will probably be a few days, before I get around to rewriting the definitions. Everybody feel free to pester me about this if I haven't got it done by the middle of next week, because if that's the case I have likely forgotten, due to work something unimportant like that. ;)

9. pgfan66 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. I’d actually argue that Lutz is in a very good position, though. Schütz was drafted straight out of RB Academy, Peterka developed there before playing in Munich and now Salzburg to start the year. The Red Bull program is quite well known at this point and I’m sure Lutz will be in the DEL for his draft year.

10. Franz Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    What is your opinion about Jesse Kauhanen
    Cause he’s not in your ranking
    But also a big thank you from me @Maverick41

11. Theokritos Moderator

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    PanniniClaus likes this.
  12. salamandra Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
  13. JabbaJabba Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Is Robin van Calster going to represent Germany in the future?

14. IHaveNoCreativity Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Currently Unemployed...
    Any 2005’s or 2006’s to note ?

15. hockey webcomics Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Edit: Sorry, wrong thread. :(

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  16. Franz Registered User

SB Cash: