German Prospects for the NHL Draft

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Not a prospect for the draft but I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me about Lean Bergmann. The sharks signed him a few months back and he seems to have really good numbers in the DEL.

kalle wirsch

May 29, 2015
He has a good shot ,some speed and don't avoid hard battles.He had a good education in Sweden . He has the potential to become a solid NHL player.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
It is always interesting to see which prospects from other teams Mannheim has added to their roster since they are best development program in Germany.

So far the list includes (there are probably more among younger players):
F - Noah Dunham (2002) from Regensburg
F - Yannick Proske (2003) from Dresden
D - Maxim Rausch (2003) from Düsseldorf
F - Lukas Ribarik (2001) from Nürnberg
G - Arno Tiefensee (2002) from Bad Tölz
F - Oleg Tschwanow (2002) from Berlin
F - Roman Zap (2003) from Salzburg

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Regensburg added Roman Kechter from Nuremberg

Kechter had a pretty good weekend. In two games, Friday (Loss) and Saturday (Win), Regensburg scored a total of 8 goals.
Kechter scored 6 of them and added an assist on one of the other two.

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
Kechter had a pretty good weekend. In two games, Friday (Loss) and Saturday (Win), Regensburg scored a total of 8 goals.
Kechter scored 6 of them and added an assist on one of the other two.
in my opinion it was a really strange decision to join Regensburg and he is not even playing in their U20 team. I hope it changes really soon

Reactions: Halfdan

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Hey, is someone here capable of telling me about the Germans for 2021 draft? Are Thomas and Nikolaus Heigl the top prospects?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Hey, is someone here capable of telling me about the Germans for 2021 draft? Are Thomas and Nikolaus Heigl the top prospects?

It's still a bit early and I haven't seen enough from the eligible players this season to compare them properly.
The Heigl twins are a curious case for me. I have a friend who has seen them live a few times and is very high on them and their numbers are impressive. The few times I have seen them via stream (mostly playing for the national team (U16 and U17) I saw flashes but came away slightly underwhelmed. I hope to see more of them as the season continues.

My personal favourite so far has been Bennet Roßmy who really stood out when I watched the U17 national team. Too bad I cannot watch him in league play.

A couple of risers for me since I made my pre-season rankings are Haakon Hänelt and Kevin Niedenz. But right now this is all heavily influenced by the few U17 games I saw. I haven't really been able to see many of these kids in league play. That will hopefully change in October and November.

Overall I don't see the same high end talent as we have in the 2020 draft (Stützle, Peterka, Glötzl, Reichel) or 2019 (Seider).
I am not yet convinced that even the best players in this class will have a great chance to be drafted. It will be very interesting to see if any of them can really take a step forward this season and maybe separate themselves from the group.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
The 2003 vintage is weaker than the 2002 vintage, both in breadth and at its peak. I also regard Bennet Rosmy as the best talent at the moment.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I have started to work on updating my rankings. They should be ready on Thursday.
I am focussing on the rankings for the 2020 and 2021 drafts. The other lists may be tweaked slightly, but I won't do a big update for those until the end of the year.

I may also change the layout of the rankings a bit.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
Maximilian Glötzl also plays for EC Bad Nauheim (DEL 2).
Fabian Herrmann also plays for Eisbären Regensburg (Oberliga Süd)
Markus Schweiger also plays for ESV Kaufbeuren (DEL 2).
Filip Reisnecker also plays for Eisbären Regensburg (Oberliga Süd)

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Maximilian Glötzl also plays for EC Bad Nauheim (DEL 2).
Fabian Herrmann also plays for Eisbären Regensburg (Oberliga Süd)
Markus Schweiger also plays for ESV Kaufbeuren (DEL 2).
Filip Reisnecker also plays for Eisbären Regensburg (Oberliga Süd)

Thanks, for the heads up.
When I changed the format for the lists, some outdated and some just plain wrong data got into my updated lists. I thought that it was only the positions that got screwed up, but some of the teams were apparently affected as well.
I'll have to go over everything again, and then re-post the list.

There are also many players that play both for their U17 and their U20 team. Listing all the teams would take up too much space, so I will pick one.
I am just not sure if I will go with the "higher quality" team meaning U20 over U17, Oberliga over U20, DEL over Oberliga etc. or if I should pick the team they are playing for the most.

For now, take the positions and the teams/leagues with a grain of salt.
Once I got my database back in order I will update all the posts.

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
Your lists cause a lot of work and take a lot of time. Why not just refer to eliteprospects.com and add your ranking to the link. More data, less work.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I gotta say I'm quite hyped for this years draft class. I can't recall 17 year old forwards playing such a big role in the DEL, especially not 3 of them. Makes me hopeful for the WJC as well as the upcoming draft. Definetly feels like German hockey is tacking a step in the right direction talent wise

Reactions: singlesliceofcheese

Bombay66

Jan 1, 2020
Hey Guys,
Do you think stützle,reichel and Peterka will also Play the u18 wcj in April, especially glötzl who was scratched off the roster for the U20 would be nice to watch.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Hey Guys,
Do you think stützle,reichel and Peterka will also Play the u18 wcj in April, especially glötzl who was scratched off the roster for the U20 would be nice to watch.

At the moment, you should expect to see all four be part of Team Germany at the U18, if available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bombay66

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Hey Guys,

At the moment, you should expect to see all four be part of Team Germany at the U18.

However, if any of their teams (Mannheim, Munich or Berlin) make a deep playoff run, there would be a chance they are not released for the tournament, especially if they continue to play significant/important roles on their DEL teams.

Reactions: Bombay66

Franz

Feb 10, 2020
Could Simon Wolf become an nhl prospect?
He was excellent in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->