German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He is closer to Kruse than to Stindl. IMO our best player.
Gladbach bidding 13m and Kind still says NO. We lost Harnik and Sane. We can't afford to loose Füllkrug. Especially when I read Kind wants Wood from Hamburg as a replacement.

I read that the total was close to being agreed around 17m. With the exact payment structure still being worked out. But this was before a gladbach insider said that everything was sorted pending a medical check next week.

I can't say I have too much cause to be anxious about it given that review & how well Eberl's last Hannover purchase worked out...guess I'm just letting how underwhelmed by him I was 3 or 4 years ago taint my impression of him now...basically the same thing I call Evilo out for doing with Aubamayeng.

But 17m is big money for BMG to spend, and with Hecking around I will always worry that Eberl is trying to accommodate him too much with his larger purchases...so I'm always anxious any time BMG buys anyone older than 20 without first loaning them in :laugh:

And let's be real here..13m was a lot of money..10 years ago, now ehh not so much. Wait until an English club comes knocking and ask for 20 then.

Oh f*** off with your isn't a lot of money bullshit. If it blows up 17m is a significant blow to the warchest Eberl has squirreled away. Even if he's able to compensate for it with shrewd moves & kids.

Nevermind that they player wants Gladbach and has already agreed to terms with them, so an english club would have to swoop in ASAP...and we all know that's not how english clubs roll.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
17m is alot of money, but by today's standard he will be worth it. Very good player who knows where the goal stand and the will to score.
For us it is crap. After our first season in the league we are losing our best three players. And after the disaster with those Brazilian who's name me always escapes, because he NEVER plays, I'm not confident Heldt will spent the money well. Oh yeah, we also have this Dane, who also NEVER plays.

Reactions: cgf

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's a lot of money for Gladbach to spend, but it isn't a lot of money for Hannover to receive. They'll probably buy 3 or 4 guys and no-one knows if they'll be useful at the BuLi level.

That's how teams fade away in Germany..sell your best guys for a sum that sounds tidy but really isn't all that in the world football context..because it's not like that money will buy you proven performers. You'll have to get some guy from a French mid-table club, a bench player from a good club, some Brazilian or African offered up by crafty but less than trustworthy agents.

Reactions: Eisen

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's a lot of money for Gladbach to spend, but it isn't a lot of money for Hannover to receive. They'll probably buy 3 or 4 guys and no-one knows if they'll be useful at the BuLi level.

That's how teams fade away in Germany..sell your best guys for a sum that sounds tidy but really isn't all that in the world football context..because it's not like that money will buy you proven performers. You'll have to get some guy from a French mid-table club, a bench player from a good club, some Brazilian or African offered up by crafty but less than trustworthy agents.

That's also the reality of football for 99% of clubs. You have to do well with the money you get when your players want to leave for bigger teams. You wouldn't want the changes it would take to alter this reality that the rest of us have to live with...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
17m is alot of money, but by today's standard he will be worth it. Very good player who knows where the goal stand and the will to score.
For us it is crap. After our first season in the league we are losing our best three players. And after the disaster with those Brazilian who's name me always escapes, because he NEVER plays, I'm not confident Heldt will spent the money well. Oh yeah, we also have this Dane, who also NEVER plays.
For what it's worth, I think Heldt has done a better job for you than he did Schalke. And we've been seeing more & more of your academy kids popping up in youth NT circles. So I'm optimistic with you guys moving

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
For what it's worth, I think Heldt has done a better job for you than he did Schalke. And we've been seeing more & more of your academy kids popping up in youth NT circles. So I'm optimistic with you guys moving
Right, Heldt might not be the issue, but Nosferatu is sitting on his money. Btw. Union are acquiring two of our players, Hübner and Schmiedebach.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
You are Mainz Fan? So maybe you can say a bit more about him. Havnt watched to many Mainz games this year.
He's very versatile. Can play central defense or the left side or defensive midfield. And he's not just an iron footed defender, he can make plays. One of the very few bright spots last year.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Nice to hear. Exactly what Dortmund needs. Atleast Mainz got good transfer fee.
They did. And they will buy a cheap guy somewhere again, sell him at a profit all the while going nowhere. But that's the game for a middling club. I accept that, but I'm not so happy about it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Our CB options are looking pretty good for next season. Toprak and Akanji should be one of the best pairings in the league. Having Diallo as a versatile first back up option in a number of positions should help. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Diallo ends up playing a lot of LB, given Schmelzer and Guerreiro aren’t the best options there. And hopefully Favre is willing to develop Zagadou. I liked the job Bosz did with him. Stooges acted like he didn’t even exist.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Castro and Divavi to Stuttgart.
Füllkrug stays at Hannover 96, Gladbach now is after Plea from Nice instead.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Harit shouldn't ever play in the Bundesliga again, manslaughter is just inexcusable and no team with any integrity can tolerate a player like that.

Reactions: Eisen

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Schalke will most likely respond in some way too.

Considering the silence surrounding Marcos Alonso - and assuming Harit was the one driving - I doubt the collective response from football clubs will be adequate - whether Schalke terminates his contract or not.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
On Saturday (June 30), sports director Christian Heidel managed to get in touch with Harit, who is still in shock. The player described Heidel the terrible events of the previous night. As a driver of the car, he had no way of preventing the tragic accident.
The police have recorded the accident. After receiving his testimony Harit was able to leave the police station. Currently, the 21-year-old stays with his family in Morocco and is mentally cared for.
"First and foremost, Amine's deep compassion, as well as that of all of us at FC Schalke 04, applies to the survivors of the victim," says Christian Heidel: "We are now in constant contact with Amine."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->