German Football Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
lol that club is losing its mind this summer. Hopefully all of the kids in their academy move to clubs where they'll actually see some PT, cause RB looks like they're cracking open the warchest to bring young talent in all over the place.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I love to see that ambition from them. I was worried that they would be content with his first two seasons on the whole & wouldn't have the courage to replace Hasenhuttl until he had had another season to prove that he can not organizer possession.

lol that club is losing its mind this summer. Hopefully all of the kids in their academy move to clubs where they'll actually see some PT, cause RB looks like they're cracking open the warchest to bring young talent in all over the place.

How quickly you changed your tune ;)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Schalke can wrap their shopping up with Mertens, they're going to be a very interesting team next season...despite losing Goretzka & Meyer for free. Uth, Serdar & Sane already signed for next season; Geis coming back from Sevilla for Tedesco to fix (the way his buddy Nagelsman fixed Demirbay); and they have a raft of young talents that are close to breaking through at the senior level with Krüger, Wright, Goller, Taitague, Kübler, Can, etc.

As things stand they're looking at something like:

FW: Uth | Burgstaller | Embolo | Teuchert
AM: Harit | Konoplyanka | Serdar
DM: McKennie | Bentaleb | Geis
LWB: Ozcipka | Baba
RWB: Caliguri | Schopf
CB: Kehrer | Nastasic | Sane | Stambouli | Naldo

Nevermind that the 50M euro man, Donis Avdijaj is coming back from loan as well :yo:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Reactions: Stray Wasp and cgf

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Glad RB made the coaching change, disaster of a season for them imo. They underachieved badly and I didn't pay attention to them in the second half but I had a lot of issues with their coaching and selection in the first half.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sieg oder Spielabbruch in Mannheim:

Would have loved to see Waldhof get promoted, but this is just destitute.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Man f*** Watzke...Netzer highlights lead to Effenberg highlights lead to this:

Favre is a good save...for however long he can put up with the job...but I'm not going to stop being salty about not getting to watch Mo magic for Tuchel any time soon.

Reactions: John Pedro

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Leipzig are going to go Manchester City mode. Salzburg is a RB farm team, so maybe some players can go there I guess, I think they play in Champions next season... I wonder if Red Bull will try to buy a farm team in a top five league the same way City bought Girona. Can't wait for the biggest clubs in the world to be City, PSG, Leipzig and Madrid.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Man f*** Watzke...Netzer highlights lead to Effenberg highlights lead to this:

Favre is a good save...for however long he can put up with the job...but I'm not going to stop being salty about not getting to watch Mo magic for Tuchel any time soon.

I mean, Verratti is no Dahoud but gonna be nice to watch what Tuchel can work with him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Leipzig are going to go Manchester City mode. Salzburg is a RB farm team, so maybe some players can go there I guess, I think they play in Champions next season... I wonder if Red Bull will try to buy a farm team in a top five league the same way City bought Girona. Can't wait for the biggest clubs in the world to be City, PSG, Leipzig and Madrid.

Yeah, I just hope their academy kids realize it fast enough not to waste any development time waiting for a senior team spot that's never going to come.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Red Bull are definitely NOT sinking money into Leipzig the way City's and PSG's owners have. Especially since it's company owned and a marketing project for the company. If they had wanted to throw money away, they would have already started doing so.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He'll be a good wing-back option, but I'm not sure how he's used, otherwise. We have a lot of wingers, and I don't think he's near the front of the list.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its only against Bolivia, but he's played twice for the USA, and he's been the best player on the field both matches. I think he'll start showing this more often in the Bundesliga next season. Helps that Goretzka and Meyer are on the way out, and he should get more minutes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Werder being linked to Godfrey Donsah as their Delaney replacement. They've been doing some shrewd business so far with Osaka & Möhwald, even if buying Harnik begs the question why they bother selling Belfodil. Plus they're expected to give Mbom, JoJo, Philipp, Sargent, & maybe Troure shots to earn some minutes this summer. That backline is still a massive concern; although I do think Veljkovic, Augistinsson, Bauer & Friedl have some talent to stick around old man Langkamp.

They could be a fun team if health & kids arriving from the academy line up right.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Let's speculate a bit. Who's not gonna make the cut tomorrow?
My candidates are:
Trapp - Neuer is the nr. 1 again, so one has to go.
Tah - his time will come, but after this WC
Brandt or Rudy - I can't decide. Both were playing yesterday and neither impressed me
Petersen - I don't think he should be on the NT in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->