German football 2019/2020

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Zaracho at RB seems scary. Also it’s not fair to have Messi and Ascacibar squares in the same team. Didn’t see Almada at LB initially and man that would be scary for Barca :laugh: at least throw in Montiel or Tagliafico!
No deal and yeah, you're right I think the camp nou would split in half if those two shared a field.

Reactions: Gecklund

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I wonder if the record of consecutive titles in a row by Skonto Riga (14) will be broken.

Bayern will be at 8 barring a historic collapse this season.
Juve are currently at 8 and are in a tight race with Lazio for 9th.
Celtic are currently at 9 in a row and have integrated a lot of youth recently.

I feel Bayern is the most likely team to break it with their ability to rebuild with young players.
Juventus to me seem like a broken, old ass team that somehow miraculously find ways to win titles while playing horribly. I can't see this lasting too much longer, unless they buy the opposition's best players like they did with Higuain.
Rangers I think will give more of a challenge to Celtic in the coming years. Gerrard seems like a good manager and made some great signings.
gerrard has made terrible signings. outside of barisic most of his signings have been expensive busts. theyve spunked a lot of money on kent and hagi. kent was signed because he punched scott brown in a match last year. he was useless this year. rangers record was terrible after they started accommodating hagi into their team. gerrard did have his team punching above their weight in europe though.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
gerrard has made terrible signings. outside of barisic most of his signings have been expensive busts. theyve spunked a lot of money on kent and hagi. kent was signed because he punched scott brown in a match last year. he was useless this year. rangers record was terrible after they started accommodating hagi into their team. gerrard did have his team punching above their weight in europe though.
I'll take your word for it. I mainly saw them do well in Europe and was quite impressed. Big fan of Morelos.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I'll take your word for it. I mainly saw them do well in Europe and was quite impressed. Big fan of Morelos.
Morelos wasnt his signing. Morelos had a great Europa League campaign but went off the rails domestically. Shitty attitude, overweight. Hes physically strong and is good at rolling off defenders but hes not a clinical finisher. He basically just hits it hard at goal. Hes never scored against Celtic and has had quite a few terrible misses. Think he had 1 goal in 2020 before the Coronavirus stoppage.

Reactions: Cassano

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
13-14 Firmino >>

Although 14-15 Arjen Robben if he'd been able to stay healthy was on another level.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Actually looking back on it Arjen Robben would have been such a ridiculous player if he hadn't been injured all the time.

From 2013-15 though really on another level.

Reactions: Hadoop

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Actually looking back on it Arjen Robben would have been such a ridiculous player if he hadn't been injured all the time.

From 2013-15 though really on another level.

The most impressing was watching Robben running down the right side, cutting to the left and shoot. Everybody knew it would happen. but nobody could defend it. Not saying he was a one trick-pony.

Reactions: YNWA14

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Actually political statements aren't allowed in German football. A lot of them (rightfully) happened over the weekend reguarding the incidents in the USA. I really hope the DFL is smart enough to ignore it and not to start investigations.
Anti racism is not a political statement.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Actually political statements aren't allowed in German football. A lot of them (rightfully) happened over the weekend reguarding the incidents in the USA. I really hope the DFL is smart enough to ignore it and not to start investigations.
Anti racism is not a political statement.

They are investigating (The DFB not the DFL). It's standard procedure as soon as any messages are displayed during the game.
Let's wait and see what they decide in the end.
I hope they let it go, but I think they might be too worried about setting a precedent, that could become a problem later on.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
They are investigating (The DFB not the DFL). It's standard procedure as soon as any messages are displayed during the game.
Let's wait and see what they decide in the end.
I hope they let it go, but I think they might be too worried about setting a precedent, that could become a problem later on.
Then the Uefa might have something to say...

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Good outcome, but the league still only does what is in its own narrow self-interest which makes such moral posturing quite twisted.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Good outcome, but the league still only does what is in its own narrow self-interest which makes such moral posturing quite twisted.
61v54owen1k41.jpg

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
So happy Raphael Gurreiro has been able to stay healthy this entire season, what a fullback.

I've been watching the Bundasliga on/off since it restarted and I firmly believe its the third best league in Europe, Italy has been hurt massively by the diminishing stature of AC Milan, Inter etc. Those teams need to recapture their significance in terms of quality again.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It always depends on how quality is measured, many consider the Premier League the best in Europe but I wouldn't like to see the leagues in Germany or Italy to become one bit more like it. Despite chronic mismanagement Serie A has probably given more to German football than any other foreign league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad