German football 2019/2020

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nice goal from Bayern. All started from Davies breaking up a counter-attack leaving Dusseldorf out of position.

Also not that I've noticed before but Alaba isn't even playing on Davies' side.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Nice goal from Bayern. All started from Davies breaking up a counter-attack leaving Dusseldorf out of position.

Also not that I've noticed before but Alaba isn't even playing on Davies' side.
Yeah they brought Hernandez in to play CB and he's on Davies side. Davies has pushed the French starting LB to backup status. Never would have imagined that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That was a really nice goal.

Great touches all around on that one from Lewa, Muller and Kimmich.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
These two teams are in the same league, but they’re not in the same league.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Davies with a strong recovery to set up the first Bayern goal and then the low center of gravity to get his own goal. Does it at both ends.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
"absolute trash" is millennial speak for "disappointing" and "suboptimal".
I'm a boomer, I don't understand the snowflake's language. My bad.

Btw. the numbers include the entire staff, not only player's salary. Bayern might have 200 more employees than Paderborn, but still.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Bayern should really upgrade their bench a bit. Perisic and Cuisance were their best options today (excluding Boateng) and those guys are both Dortmund-level subs. I know they have injuries to guys like Tolisso but even then, should have a better bench with less second team players that are kids (there's a NZ int'l named Sarpreet Singh and a Brazlian kid named Oliver Batista Meier who hadn't even played before today). And Odriozola....are you kidding me.

Also Flick switched Coman to the left and Gnabry to the right in the second half and it made such a difference. I don't think Gnabry and Davies play well together but Davies and Coman do.

I'm a boomer, I don't understand the snowflake's language. My bad.

Btw. the numbers include the entire staff, not only player's salary. Bayern might have 200 more employees than Paderborn, but still.

Yes, hyperbole was invented by millenials, not like it existed on the internet 20 years ago :skeptic:

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bayern should really upgrade their bench a bit. Perisic and Cuisance were their best options today (excluding Boateng) and those guys are both Dortmund-level subs. I know they have injuries to guys like Tolisso but even then, should have a better bench with less second team players that are kids (there's a NZ int'l named Sarpreet Singh and a Brazlian kid named Oliver Batista Meier who hadn't even played before today). And Odriozola....are you kidding me.

Also Flick switched Coman to the left and Gnabry to the right in the second half and it made such a difference. I don't think Gnabry and Davies play well together but Davies and Coman do.

Yes, hyperbole was invented by millenials, not like it existed on the internet 20 years ago :skeptic:
Bayern will probably sign Sane and have a bench of Nubel, Coman, Tolisso, T. Hernandez, Perisic, Zirkzee and Boateng/Sule, Dest/Dodô next season. I think on paper, only Man City's bench is better because they have more gamebreaking options.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Bayern will probably sign Sane and have a bench of Nubel, Coman, Tolisso, T. Hernandez, Perisic, Zirkzee and Boateng/Sule, Dest/Dodô next season. I think on paper, only Man City's bench is better because they have more gamebreaking options.
They’d have Lucas Hernandez not Theo. But not knowing who Oliver Batista Meier is just shows the knowledge of that guy. Also saying Dortmund level when Bayern are only a small step above Dortmund.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
They’d have Lucas Hernandez not Theo. But not knowing who Oliver Batista Meier is just shows the knowledge of that guy. Also saying Dortmund level when Bayern are only a small step above Dortmund.

Disagree, they're a foot ahead of Dortmund since January. Perisic and Cuisance aren't good enough to be Dortmund starters but they would be good enough to be on the Dortmund bench. They aren't guys that would have made the Bayern bench even a few seasons ago though when the depth was better.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
The difference in quality between Bayern and the rest of the league is ridiculous; just like so many other European leagues, the Bundesliga, as a competition, is an obvious joke.

Reactions: Cassano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad