German football 2019/2020

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Ok, the great oracle has spoken.

Does it even matter. He's five years older now and not the player he was 5 years ago.
They'll add Coutinho (on loan), (probably) Mandzu and Cuisance (Gladbach).
While Dortmund got better this window, IMO Bayern got worse (Ribeiry, Robben, Hummels). And this is only the Bundesliga competition. Their main opponnents internationally got better, too.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I guess if you only watch the top 3 teams you don't really need to know there's only 18 teams in the league.

Anyway, Augsburg's GK is playing like he bet against his own team. Maybe Augsburg will lose 8-1 again.

Jan 3, 2012
lol

AsexU9G.png

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Does it even matter. He's five years older now and not the player he was 5 years ago.
They'll add Coutinho (on loan), (probably) Mandzu and Cuisance (Gladbach).
While Dortmund got better this window, IMO Bayern got worse (Ribeiry, Robben, Hummels). And this is only the Bundesliga competition. Their main opponnents internationally got better, too.
According to Uli the roster is complete now. So, no Mandzukic.
Hoeneß erklärt Personalplanungen für abgeschlossen - kicker

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hertha deserved no more than a draw but oh what could have been.

I do not see the logic in a penalty being given for the foul by Gruijc on Lewandowski...cannot debate that it is a foul...it was a ridiculous horse collar like throw to the ground.

The ball when the foul is committed is out side the box.....there is no play being made on goal....I can't put it together how that warrants a penalty kick. A yellow card and a free kick from where the ball is perhaps....Love football...love it...will always be baffled by some of the rules.
It’s a penalty because it’s a foul in the box.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I doubt this is Bayern's thinking, but their academy & youth buys in recent years have left them with a lot of kids who will soon be making the jump to the pro level that (for the first time in ages) have Bayern-caliber talent.

Now not all of them will end up Bayern caliber in their primes and even some who do will need to breakthrough to the senior level elsewhere, but the potential is certainly there...with the likes of Batista-Meier, Dajaku, Davies, Cuisance, Mai, Arp, Früchtl & Malik Tillman...for them to find multiple future starters in that group...especially those first 4.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I guess if you only watch the top 3 teams you don't really need to know there's only 18 teams in the league.

Are you telling me that you consistently watch the 17th place team against the 18th place team? Incredibly smug attitude on your part. You must be an expert because you remembered that there are 18 teams in the league, instead of 20.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Based on Bayerns transfer activities it looks like they accept this as a transitional period where they are OK with competing for the domestic titles but know that in the CL the QF is probably the end of the road.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Are you telling me that you consistently watch the 17th place team against the 18th place team? Incredibly smug attitude on your part. You must be an expert because you remembered that there are 18 teams in the league, instead of 20.

Not all people who know theres 18 teams are experts, but all people familiar with the league know theres 18 teams.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you want to try to talk down to me because I said something incorrect, have at it. I've posted in this thread for years, and watch close to every team play multiple times during the course of the season. There's no trophy to win for catching a slight error. You probably make them as well, but maybe you feel more powerful for talking down to me because I made an error.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just eat the L Pavel. Forgetting that the BuLi only has 18 teams, when expanding it to 20 is a (seemingly) annual debate, is a significant enough faux pas to be ribbed for.

Reactions: robertmac43

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
So much for that Union boycott, Leipzig scored like 30 seconds after it ended and they are getting hammered

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
If you want to try to talk down to me because I said something incorrect, have at it. I've posted in this thread for years, and watch close to every team play multiple times during the course of the season. There's no trophy to win for catching a slight error. You probably make them as well, but maybe you feel more powerful for talking down to me because I made an error.
Pavel, why don't you just smile? There's no need for an argument. I make the most mistakes here and sometimes I laugh at myself the next day.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just eat the L Pavel. Forgetting that the BuLi only has 18 teams, when expanding it to 20 is a (seemingly) annual debate, is a significant enough faux pas to be ribbed for.
Pavel, why don't you just smile? There's no need for an argument. I make the most mistakes here and sometimes I laugh at myself the next day.

I was incorrect, but I'm not going to stand for this guy trying to shame me because of it. I'm sure he says incorrect stuff, and no one has shamed him. I didn't react adversely to anyone other than the person who tried to talk down to me about it.

Reactions: robertmac43

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I was incorrect, but I'm not going to stand for this guy trying to shame me because of it. I'm sure he says incorrect stuff, and no one has shamed him. I didn't react adversely to anyone other than the person who tried to talk down to me about it.
By the way I didin't pick Essen and Mannheim randomly. Back in the day Essen was a much bigger club than BvB and Dietmar Hopp tried to invest in Waldhof and after they denied he put his money into Hoffenheim.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->