German football 2019/2020

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can players be retroactively banned? I don’t know how Kimmich gets away without a suspension for what he did to Sancho in the super cup.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Großkreutz vs Bvb right now. I 've never seen a player being that loyal to his club even after he got kicked out .

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Großkreutz vs Bvb right now. I 've never seen a player being that loyal to his club even after he got kicked out .

I think he was a BVB fan before he was a professional player, and he will be one long after. Based on how he has behaved throughout his career it certainly feels like 'fan first, player second' has always been his approach anyway. Bless his heart.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I think he was a BVB fan before he was a professional player, and he will be one long after. Based on how he has behaved throughout his career it certainly feels like 'fan first, player second' has always been his approach anyway. Bless his heart.
Of course. He did a lot of silly things.Everybody knows that, he, too.
But man, I've watched a short interview on sky today and I think he has a big BvB addiction problem.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL, 14 yo Moukoko (Dortmund) tears apart U19 competion, scores 6 vs. Whoppertal.
6 Tore von BVB-Wunderkind: Moukoko (14) nimmt auch die U19 auseinander

If they can keep him and he keeps up scoring, he should be good in 3 or 4 years.

He’ll be in the first team no later than another two years, if he continues to score goals. You can’t keep him in youth football so long and expect he won’t stagnate. I think he’ll play 1 and a half seasons in the U-19’s. I think he’ll probably start getting some first team minutes at the start of 2021.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
So Keller is proposed as the new DFB president. Interesting, although as a Freiburg member I see that with mixed feelings ,don't want him gone

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
At least he's not obviously corrupt at this point, the rest we'll see. No high expectations, but then again his predecessors have also set the bar very low. Would have preferred someone from outside the first professional league though.

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Well, Keller has some credibility outside of professional mens football, Freiburg has a decent womens team and a pretty well regarded youth academy and is on pretty good terms with the amateur teams in the region. I see it more problematic that Löw is from the area - I don't know whether they are close, but that could be a story ...another DFB president protecting löw instead of holding him accountable

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So Bundesliga starts today. Maybe users here have fun to make predictions.

I'm pretty bad at predictions. I'm simply not able to tell who'll will finish 7th or 12th. IMO the top three will be
1. Dortmund
2. Bayern
3. Leipzig
16. Union
17. Augsburg
18. Paderborn

Most drama this season: Köln and Schalke (as usual)

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I'd be quite surprised if Paderborn and Union are not the bottom two, Leverkusen could take third as thanks to Havertz they arguably have more quality (but less depth) than Leipzig.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It will be a tough time for Bayern to cope with the losses of Robbery. Not impressed at all.

It's not the loss, but the lack of adequate replacement and that should have happened at least a year ago already. They've simply been getting weaker while the opposition has grown stronger. I can see a (temporary) Big Four forming in the Bundesliga not unlike that in the Premier League previously.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Yeah, and Coutinho won't be that replacement either. He's more of a 10. Look at that bench. Absolute garbage for Bayern-standard.

Lewa fell easy.
And they are going to buy Mandzucic as well. So Lewa will have two backups.
I remember Hoeneß saying in March: If you only knew we already have for next summer.
All I can see is last minute panic moves.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm going to say for predictions

1. Dortmund
2. Bayern
3. Leverkusen
4. Leipzig
5. Wolfsburg
6. Gladbach
7. Schalke
18. Mainz
19. Union
20. Paderborn

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
And they are going to buy Mandzucic as well. So Lewa will have two backups.
I remember Hoeneß saying in March: If you only knew we already have for next summer.
All I can see is last minute panic moves.

Mandzukic wasn’t even good enough for Bayern five years ago when he played there lol. What are they doing? They should get rid of Kovac to begin with.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Hertha deserved no more than a draw but oh what could have been.

I do not see the logic in a penalty being given for the foul by Gruijc on Lewandowski...cannot debate that it is a foul...it was a ridiculous horse collar like throw to the ground.

The ball when the foul is committed is out side the box.....there is no play being made on goal....I can't put it together how that warrants a penalty kick. A yellow card and a free kick from where the ball is perhaps....Love football...love it...will always be baffled by some of the rules.

Reactions: gary69

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->