German Football 2018/2019 Part II

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Oh, they're poorly run. They always screw things up. They can't keep a manager for longer than a few months it seems. They develop players only to sell them on for pennies when they can't figure out where to play them. They buy mediocre parts when they do have money.

They certainly only stay up because other teams are worse run.

While they have aspirations to be a big club (and with their fan base, stadium and financial support, they could be a bigger club, though not as big as they think) it always gets messed up.

I just root for them because that's where the family is from and I've been to matches. They know they don't deserve to stay up, and odds are they'll screw it up. But you feel a little bad for some of their supporters who are pretty loyal.

There's nothing wrong with rooting for VfB. I know a couple of their fans. Good people, very passionate. Stuttgart could/should easily be a top 5 club, but they have to earn it.

Reactions: Chimaera

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So HSV cleans house (again). After sacking the coach they also sacked chairman of sport (if this is the term) after installing Becker just months ago. Problem here is that Becker was about to sign Dieter Hecking as their next coach (I don't even understand why Hecking was considering HSV). Don't know if Hecking still wants to take over this mess.

Yes, folks, there are worse managements than Hannover's who just squander our few assets (incl. almost our entire U21 team).

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
To be fair 2:2 is significantly better, VfB essentially lost the advantage of playing the second leg away. I still think they're the favorites, but Union gave themselves a real chance with their two away goals.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
To be fair 2:2 is significantly better, VfB essentially lost the advantage of playing the second leg away. I still think they're the favorites, but Union gave themselves a real chance with their two away goals.
That's true, every tie lower than 2-2 benefits Union. TBH I'd like them to score within the first 15mins and then see what type of guys the Stuttgarters are. I'm a fan of the underdogs.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
lol.

D7V1avvWwAAb2Sw.jpg

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Der Spiegel rating FC Bayern rebuild staying / going / gone:

Alaba
Boateng
Coman
Davies
Gnabry
Goretzka
Hummels
Kimmich
Lewandowski
Martínez

Neuer
Rafinha
Ribéry
Robben

Rodríguez
Sanches

Süle
Thiago
Tolisso
Ulreich

Hoeneß
Kovač
Rummenigge

Salihamidžić

With their acquisitions Dortmund might have a title window open for several years before Bayern has a stable (and unbeatable) core again.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Der Spiegel rating FC Bayern rebuild staying / going / gone:

Alaba
Boateng
Coman
Davies
Gnabry
Goretzka

Hummels
Kimmich
Lewandowski
Martínez
Neuer

Rafinha
Ribéry
Robben
Rodríguez
Sanches

Süle
Thiago
Tolisso
Ulreich

Hoeneß
Kovač
Rummenigge

Salihamidžić

With their acquisitions Dortmund might have a title window open for several years before Bayern has a stable (and unbeatable) core again.

Spiegel, Zeit and all the other left wing press should care about fridaysforfuture and the gender crap. They have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to football and sports in general The worst is Fritsch from Zeit.de.What about Müller for example? Is he MIA? Even Bayern has not the money to buy 10 or 12 players in 3 or 4 transfer windows to field a competative (CL) team.
Bayern missed the boat 2 or 3 years ago. Now they have to replace too many players.

In the end albatros is right. Dortmnd has a good chance to overtake Bayern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->