Gerber given slap in the face by Swiss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
stv11 said:
It was annouced during the Italy game that Gerber will start tomorrow, so he was being rested today, although I can't understand why he didn't get one of the last two games as Aebischer allowed a weak goal in both of them.

Exactly that is the fact why I hate the swiss press. Abby allow one bad goal against germany that was the first one by Felski the rest wasn't his fault. I am sure you watch this Bührer idiot. His hobby is make Abby bad and Gerber strong.

So for the other ones. Gerber will play for sure against Sweden. :shakehead The two games against germany and italy were only games to play because we werde in the quaterfinal before of this two games in realistic way(I know not mathematically), so Gerber had a rest for the IMPORTANT game against sweden. But if you ask me honestly I would say Abby is stronger, but both are strong so it doesn't make a huge difference which one is in the goal.

wildone26*

Aebischer was always the starter coming out of the Canada game, and the only thing any of you can say to prove me wrong is to point out another country that used the backup goalie for 3 of 5 round robin games and 2 straight to end the round robin. I cant think of any, if one of you can come up with one I might believe somebody but otherwise I dont, and I am right. If Gerber was ever the starting goalie he would have started atleast 1 of the final 2 games, so he obviously is not the starter.

I will be shocked if starts in the quarters, and I gaurantee if the Swiss win the quarters Aebischer will start in the semis even in the very unlikely event Gerber started and won the quarterfinal.

I am glad the coaches idoicy and unfair decision to make the superior Gerber the backup after his stunning performance vs Canada did not pay off as they tied and almost lost to two weaker teams and almost got themselves a lower seeding. Good to see the biased and unfair coaching decision not pay off, too bad it did not work out even worse for them.

Sorry I tried posting my message a few times but the computer got stuck, I did not know it had gone through, hence the stuck messages. Anyway hope Aebischer and the Swiss go down big today!

piquadrat

Oct 2, 2005
Please, could you stop with all your sh*t? If you had the slightest idea of Swiss hockey, you'd knew that Ralph Krueger never gives the starting position to one of the goalies before the tournament starts. He always lets both play one game and then decides whom to ride. Frankly, after Gerbers performance in the game against Finland and Aebischers brilliant game against the Czechs, I didn't expect Gerber to start in the Canada game. But he did start and had the game of his life. Obviously, he was fatigued after that ubergame, so Krueger startet with Aebischer vs. Germany. He played good but not great, so Krueger let Aebischer play the irrelevant Italy game to make sure Gerber is rested for the QF.

So, if anything, Aebischers appearance against Germany and Italy affirmed Gerbers position as Number 1.

If Gerber delivers another great game and carries Switzerland into the next round, I'm sure he'll play again.

wildone26*

It is funny nobody has been able to give me an answer to what other country would use a so-called "starting goalie" in only 2 of the 5 round robin games, and sit the "starting" goalie for the final two round robin games. I am still waiting, Canada, U.S, Sweden, Russia, Slovakia, who? There is nobody else. So obviously if Gerber starts he was still never the starter coming out of the Canada game and only got the start since David was so weak in his last two games.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Tritsche said:
Exactly that is the fact why I hate the swiss press. Abby allow one bad goal against germany that was the first one by Felski the rest wasn't his fault. I am sure you watch this Bührer idiot. His hobby is make Abby bad and Gerber strong.

I don't read any swiss newspaper, and even if I did, I don't see why you would make that point while quoting my post. I also don't know who "this Bührer idiot" is, unless you're talking about Bern's goalie but in this case I have no idea what you mean by "His hobby is make Abby bad and Gerber strong".

Anyway, Aebischer allowed a bad goal against both Germany (the 1st one) and Italy (the 3rd one), and was awfully insecure during the entire Italy game, just look at these awkward saves late in the first period, just like he regulary is while playing for Switzerland. The best goalie will start against Sweden, he this goalie is Gerber.

Jovial

Aug 31, 2005
wildone26 said:
It is funny nobody has been able to give me an answer to what other country would use a so-called "starting goalie" in only 2 of the 5 round robin games, and sit the "starting" goalie for the final two round robin games. I am still waiting, Canada, U.S, Sweden, Russia, Slovakia, who? There is nobody else. So obviously if Gerber starts he was still never the starter coming out of the Canada game and only got the start since David was so weak in his last two games.
Why would that be a problem? There isn't a huge difference between these two goalies and waiting two see which of them is having the better tournament is a wise choice.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Foller said:
Why would that be a problem? There isn't a huge difference between these two goalies and waiting two see which of them is having the better tournament is a wise choice.
Can we close this ridiculous thread now? Gerber is starting as everyone but "wildone" knew he would....

roccol

Mar 9, 2004
wildone26 said:
Gerber started the first game for the Swiss in net vs Finland, although he was pulled. He has had a better year in the NHL than Aebischer however who temporarily lost his starting job with Colorado, in fact they had to bring somebody new in. Gerber in his game with Canada of course made 49 saves for the shutout win, yet Aebischer has started the last two games. So starting the tournament as the starter presumably, since all countries start their starter in the first game, and putting on some an exceptional performance against Canada he is still demoted to backup behind the inferior Aebischer, that is a HUGE SLAP in the FACE! That is so wrong, so idiotic, so stupid, so unfair. I am so glad the Swiss have tied their last two games against weaker countries, it serves then right after the huge insult and slap in the face they gave to Gerber after his amazing performance against Canada. I know he doesnt play like that everday of course, but I bet if they had him in net instead of the inferior Aebischer they would have won their last two games against Germany and Italy.

Now look. Gerber has been garbage in this game!

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
They are both incredibly moody (don't know if that's the right word) imo. One day they look like the best goalie in the world, the next day they suck.

wildone26*

If Gerber had started 1 of the 2 final round robin games I bet he would have played alot better game than he did. He lost his momentum after his game vs Canada, and probably his confidence on being demoted to backup after such a great game. I have no idea why they demoted him to backup after such a great game, since if they chose to start him vs Canada it would seem to indicate they were giving him a chance to win his starting role back, otherwise they would have started him only against Germany or Italy. So he would seem to have won his starting job back, yet they demote him to backup, it is crazy! I am glad the Swiss lost, they deserve it for their dumb coaching.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
wildone26 said:
If Gerber had started 1 of the 2 final round robin games I bet he would have played alot better game than he did. He lost his momentum after his game vs Canada, and probably his confidence on being demoted to backup after such a great game. I have no idea why they demoted him to backup after such a great game, since if they chose to start him vs Canada it would seem to indicate they were giving him a chance to win his starting role back, otherwise they would have started him only against Germany or Italy. So he would seem to have won his starting job back, yet they demote him to backup, it is crazy! I am glad the Swiss lost, they deserve it for their dumb coaching.
You are nuts. Reality must seem as far away as a trip to the moon on a ferris wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad