Speculation: Gerard Gallant fired

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
A guy who will probably be on Yzerman's short list. I don't suspect he makes any move during the season though.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Wait what the hell? People love this guy. His players love him. He took them to a cup final his first season of an expansion team.

They're struggling maybe but other coaches get a way longer leash with less cause. This is bizarre to me.
Shhh don't tell them lol

Stevie is playing this perfectly... Now the Perfect coach for this team is available which is unreal

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Now it's time to fire blashill. It's a no brainers at this point.

Bring in gallant.

Trade for reaves to while were at it. If were gunna suck at least make them regret playing us.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
I wasn't too fond of the potential coaching candidates to replace Blashill in the offseason, but now that Gallant suddenly became available, I have become much more optimistic that we are going to be okay.

I remember reading his comments a few years ago about how he still roots for Detroit in the playoffs and how he would like to return and now here is his chance.

I would actually like the Redwings to offer the position to him now except for the fact that I would like us to get the #1 draft pick to improve our chances of drafting Lafreniere.

Reactions: mantha39

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
We don’t, but since they already had DeBoer lined up I believe this was coming for a bit now. That makes me think it’s purely hockey related.

There was rumor of Gallant getting canned a few months back. Thought it was just trolling for clicks. Went to a VGK fan that confirmed rumors in Vegas but also thought it was bunk.

Edit: Just after comment submission I received this message from the VGK fan: "Maybe he was using technology to steal signs. I don't get it."

Reactions: DInTheB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->