Gerard Dicaire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanic39*

He's Tampa Bay's.

He nearly made the Lightning out of camp this year, per GM Jay Feaster.

He was VERY impressive in pre-season. Very poised, moved the puck well, and was good positionally.

He wasn't knocking anyone over, but he was moving his many out from in front.

He got the "non-physical" rap a couple years ago when he wasn't signed by Pittsburgh, who originally drafted him, and I'm sure that will stick with him no matter what he does. Seems like prospects can't lose labels anymore.

Not been doing great in Utah so far, though he's been injured and scratched a few times. Nothing to panic about. If the Lightning had its own affiliate (no room for him in either Hershey or Hamilton -- their dual affiliates) he'd be getting ample minutes and be in line for a call-up. If TB is not happy with his situation in Utah, they won't hesitate to call him up as a 7th (over Trepanier) should one of TB's top-7 go down. Feaster was VERY high on him after camp. Was called the surprise of camp, along with Afanasenkov.

Oceanic39*

Hokay said:
I'd say he his a great offensive d-man but he doesn't play phisical enough (even if he is 6"2 :confused: ) to be a future big star in the NHL.

Just curious, but how are you "in the know" about him living in Quebec?

From what I saw of him, I wouldn't say he's a future star, but I wouldn't discount the possibilities of him being a solid 2-way dman in the NHL.

He could certainly put points on the board in the Q and showed every indication of that against NHL exhibition talent. (I know, I know, WHL success doesn't mean NHL success stuff... I heard all the same stuff about Brad Richards and the Q... )

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Oceanic39 said:
He got the "non-physical" rap a couple years ago when he wasn't signed by Pittsburgh, who originally drafted him, and I'm sure that will stick with him no matter what he does. Seems like prospects can't lose labels anymore.

Buffalo

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
I know I said he'll not become a big star in the NHL, cuz he his not physical enough, but I know he's gonna become a great offensive defenseman in the NHL. I'm sure of this! He has the size to play with the big men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad