News Article: Georgiev requests trade

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Vince did say that he's heard Georgiev would prefer to be moved. So I think there's something there even if it isn't a formal trade request.

It's also safe to say the silver haired millennial does get a lot first, but he's also pretty sloppy.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man, is geo just too stoic for the room or he’s actually not well liked?
Gonna guess Tony was a well liked teammate by most of the room and the fact that the dust up between them ended up with Tony exiled and Georgiev getting literally zero criticism from anyone at all probably rubbed people the wrong way.

Plus he seems like a headcase and didn't play well last season, would not surprise me if he's a sulker when he's not playing and that he had a bad attitude when he was basically the back up bc he expected to be a true platoon after Lundqvist got bought out.

Of course this is just speculation so who really knows. Seravelli's source could be someone who is very tight with Tony.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Gonna guess Tony was a well liked teammate by most of the room and the fact that the dust up between them ended up with Tony exiled and Georgiev getting literally zero criticism from anyone at all probably rubbed people the wrong way.

Plus he seems like a headcase and didn't play well last season, would not surprise me if he's a sulker when he's not playing and that he had a bad attitude when he was basically the back up bc he expected to be a true platoon after Lundqvist got bought out.

Of course this is just speculation so who really knows. Seravelli's source could be someone who is very tight with Tony.
Maybe it’s @Chytilmania post about geo ? Haha

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Didn't Brooks break this before either of them? I definitely read about a Georgiev trade request near the end of a Brooks article a week or so ago.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I love all the pro-tda angles. Haha Reality, he thinks he can be a number One somewhere. On his good days, he can. I’m juuuuuuuuuust fine with Kinkaid as the backup. Honestly, as much as I like Georgie, I’m shocked he was kept here as long as he was. Missed opportunity to trade him when his value was higher. Still, I wish him nothing but the best. A likable kid who is damn good when he’s on.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Been saying since last year that he should’ve been moved, Lundqvist playing to end of contract, etc…

Now we’ve got another year of Lundqvist’s buyout on the books and Georgiev’s value in the toilet with no leverage since he requested a trade. Another asset’s value run into the ground

There would be zero leverage if he didn't request a trade. There's little to no demand for him.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Best thing Georgiev can do is train like an animal all summer and deconstruct his technique. Cut out all distractions and go monk mode. If he stays the same as this year he might never play in the NHL again. If he improves, he'll find a starting gig somewhere and set himself and his family up for a long long time.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Cam Talbot + 7th returned a 2nd, a 3rd and a 7th.

True story.
Cam Talbot played like a starter for months when Hank got injured though. Plus, Hank was in his prime.

A backup to Hank at that time wasn't necessarily going to be a backup on other teams. And Talbot showed that to be the case post-trade.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It’s concerning how many players have requested a trade out of here recently
To be fair, they're players who haven't been seen by management or fans as valuable to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad