Music: George Harrison "My Sweet Lord" Official music video

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that was cool and yet odd as shit. Have always loved the song though and it's funny cause I just got done watching the George Harrison movie on HBO in a re-watch the other day so this was fitting to watch.

Reactions: Jussi

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I understand what they were trying to do but it looks like they decided to toss a bunch of famous people into the video and film them
What’s new in Hollywood.

Also George was my favourite Beatle, I hope he truly found spiritual salvation. His songs about God are beautiful and he seemed genuine in his love of the Gita.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
how about this one--it is about the my Sweet lord lawsuit

Not bad, but Crackerbox Palace is in my all time list now.

Why’d he get sued for My Sweet Lord? Smh, people can’t even show their affection for God without getting sued.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
SUCH a good song. The "music video" is a big bag of meh since it's just camera winking and "that guy from that thing!" But I guess that's to be expected when the original artist can't offer any creative input.

Now I'm off to listen to Wonderwall (the George Harrison album, not the Oasis song)

Last edited:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I understand how a singer can unintentionally plagiarize a song without realizing it at first; but I don't get how nobody involved in the production of the song, or nobody at the record label, noticed that it sounded exactly like "He's So Fine". It was a huge hit that went to #1; it wasn't an obscure track nobody remembered.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
The song He's so fine lead to the suit

I understand how a singer can unintentionally plagiarize a song without realizing it at first; but I don't get how nobody involved in the production of the song, or nobody at the record label, noticed that it sounded exactly like "He's So Fine". It was a huge hit that went to #1; it wasn't an obscure track nobody remembered.
Yeah just looked it up and I can see why he lost the suit.

Still, My Sweet Lord is a banger and nothing wrong with having 2 songs exist that sound similar long as the money is shared.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

here is the thing

In the final lawsuit he actual lost to his former lawyer who switched sides--if you know about the Beatles--you know who that lawyer is

So his loss is not so cut and dry now

also, the irony of it is that the Harrison estate now owns the back catalogue that includes He's so fine

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
George is your favorite Beatles and you didn't know Crackerbox Palace?
I’m not exactly a giant Beatles fan. I know his devotional songs, which to me set him ahead of John “Idealist” Lennon and Paul “Getting Booted from Tyga’s party” McCartney.

Ringo is well you know.

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Excluding Wonderall Music and All Things Must Pass, which are by far his most interesting albums, some of my favorite Harrison material is the stuff where he speaks of the Beatles:

Especially this tribute to John Lennon recorded after his death (the music is early 80s, so meh, but the lyrics hit home)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Excluding Wonderall Music and All Things Must Pass, which are by far his most interesting albums, some of my favorite Harrison material is the stuff where he speaks of the Beatles:

Especially this tribute to John Lennon recorded after his death (the music is early 80s, so meh, but the lyrics hit home)

All those years ago was the last time all 3 were in the studio at the same time. When they did some recording of songs in the 80's--Paul and George never recorded together at the same time--only Ringo was there all the time

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lecce vs Udinese