Confirmed with Link: Geoffrion considering retirement

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Very sad. Always been a big fan of his. It's awful to see someone forced to retire due to injuries.

Tendresse

Capitaine Gorges
Dec 23, 2006
Montréal
Sucks. There wasn't really any room in Montreal for the guy, but I'm pretty sure there were a couple of other teams around the league that were willing to give him a shot. Hope he fully recovers.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Had so much hope for this Geoffrion tradition last season, suppose I'm glad he played at least a few games even if it is not to be.

Blake has to take care of himself, settle down and have a son. An athletic, smart, tough son. :)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not really surprised by his decision. He received a very serious head injury. I hope he's able to live a normal life and there aren't any lingering effects from the hit.

Good luck Blake.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
does anybody know if Blake will receive a disability cheque for the rest of his life?
or is he going to be forces to work at walmart

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Take care. We'll be waiting for the next Geoffrion generation. Hopefuly he can stick around with the Habs. He always seemed like a great guy.

68*

Geoffrion left the Nov. 9 game under his own power and was taken by ambulance to a Montreal hospital, but ultimately went into convulsions during a CT scan. Emergency surgery was performed in which a battered portion of his skull on the left side was removed and replaced by a titanium plate.

Wow I didn't know that. Tough SOB. I hope the Habs offer him a job.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Its' not like Blake will crack the lineup anytime soon. Probably takes him 2-3 years to recover and 1-2 years to make the club by that time he's what? 31? He's finished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad