Confirmed with Link: Geoff Ward is officially head coach

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Height of the Pandemic, 0 Fans-the-Stands, new building far in the distance - I think this had more to do with internal budgets vs. attracting a coach that may or may not get you through the first round.

OK, let's say the dollars affect the "internal cap". Would you rather pay Ward <1 mil and add 3 mill towards the roster, or 4 mil to GG/BB/Lavi?

I'd put it into the roster. I think those two guys are upgrades to Ward, but not 3 mil in talent upgrades to the roster difference... Ward is a pretty solid coach. He's no Gulutzan calibre guy.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Height of the Pandemic, 0 Fans-the-Stands, new building far in the distance - I think this had more to do with internal budgets vs. attracting a coach that may or may not get you through the first round.

Yup, throw in another reclamation project in goal and call it a day. It's BT playbook, pandemic or not

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Finally back gents!

f*** this hire! Typical Flames gonna Flames stupidity.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Any coach out there couldn’t take this roster to a Cup. We’re a mid tier contender likely closer to the “just missing the playoffs tier” than the top 4 tier.
You're probably right there. Some roster changes are needed, for sure, and in all likely-hood, will happen. Almost no current r.h.s. Dmen, except Andersson.
We need a "step-up" from a younger, hopefully "soon-to-be-a-core-piece" player like Dubs to challenge for 1C and force a new role, line for Money!

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
This was expected at this point. Hoped for a different move, but now I hope Ward is the right choice.
Apparently player's sentiment was they were happy working hard for him. If he can command their attention and formulate better, hard-ass/ giver to the bone play out of the team, then good things should prevail. Hopefully some changes in lines, a few roster moves, Valimaki being healthy and ready to progress and show what he has and a hopeful #1 goalie emerges from? Take this team back to division leader pushing and hopefully ready the next Playoffs to be successful more than one series!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad