OT: General Video Game Discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Been playing PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds. Basically a H1Z1 king of the hill style game, but holy crap does it suck the life out of your computer.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Man Andromeda has been addictive! Sitting in a waiting room at an appointment for this morning, but was playing Mass Effect last night, lost track of time, realized it was 5 am and had to get a quick nap so I could get here by 9:45 am! :laugh:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Ha, I'm with you there! Trying to pace myself so I don't go through everything so fast, but then again the worlds are so huge that I'm sure I won't blow through it even if I tried. Cool thing is how they make the side missions so in depth that it doesn't typically feel like you're just doing the typical 'fetch' quests. I even jumped into a multiplayer game or two with some friends and that was a nice distraction...really tough too.

Game is a fun experience...I'm having Ryder be more of a 'smartass' type guy and he has some really funny lines :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yes, the side quests are the best of the series. They don't feel as much like side quests because of the in depth dialogue etc. You feel like you're truly affecting characters lives in the story.

Also going through as a smartass mostly... :laugh:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Been playing PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds. Basically a H1Z1 king of the hill style game, but holy crap does it suck the life out of your computer.

I've been watching some on Twitch, the popular dude. Really intense. The games take forever without a lot of action from a viewing perspective sometimes, so I typically have just been tuning in for a few near the end. Kinda want to play it myself, but I'd be awful at it.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The Show comes out tomorrow! My roommate bought the PS4 to get that. I haven't played a baseball game since MLB 2K10 on the 360, so this will be a huge step forward from that!

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I've been watching some on Twitch, the popular dude. Really intense. The games take forever without a lot of action from a viewing perspective sometimes, so I typically have just been tuning in for a few near the end. Kinda want to play it myself, but I'd be awful at it.

You have to have a lot of patience. Sometimes I sit in a bush for several minutes if I heard gunfire that is close just to make sure.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Summit1G is the dudes name. I follow him for CS:GO but he has a history of playing games like this from dayZ and so on.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Summit1G is the dudes name. I follow him for CS:GO but he has a history of playing games like this from dayZ and so on.

Mr. Molotov.

maxresdefault.jpg

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I remember being a little guy when NES first came out i was 4 or 5, my parents bought it and I practically had to fight them for time to play. I've been playing video games my entire life ... but I can't understand the appeal of twitch and watching other people playing video games. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I like watching the game informer replays where they play the old terrible hilarious games...but mainly because it's good entertainment and they are games I'd never play in my life.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I remember being a little guy when NES first came out i was 4 or 5, my parents bought it and I practically had to fight them for time to play. I've been playing video games my entire life ... but I can't understand the appeal of twitch and watching other people playing video games. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I had always been the same way, and still am to some degree. It kind of depends on the type of game along with various other things. In this case, I was curious about the game and just wanted to see what it was like, so I tuned in, and it was surprisingly entertaining/intense. Hearthstone is another one I now enjoy watching. It's a strategy card game that I also play myself, and you can legitimately get a lot better watching streamers play.

On the other hand, there are plenty of games I love that I would instantly get bored watching. Zelda, Halo, etc. No chance I would watch someone play those. It's really dependent on the game for me.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014

In general, I agree. There are a few exeptions though where I like to watch. If it's a professional in a game like Starcraft, where their ability to multitask and read the game is waaaay beyond me and anything I could hope to achieve, its awesome, much like watching pro hockey players. IMO skill in a game like that is very impressive compared to say shooters or fighting games.

The other is watching certain people playing a game that I already love and have beaten many times, and watching them get that joy / suspense from playing it through the first time, sort of recreating my joy of the game. A good example would be The Last of Us. For such a story driven and gritty game, it's fun to see some streamers watching it and reacting to it.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
DOTA 2 is probably the most fun competitive game I've ever watched. The International tournament is a crazy spectacle to behold. Commentators are great, and they do a good job explaining what's happening.

Very few cringe-worthy moments (there are always a couple) involving crowd interviews. :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
1080ti is pushed back two weeks because someone forgot to pay the power bill and I had to pay it this month instead.

Ugh.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
1080ti is pushed back two weeks because someone forgot to pay the power bill and I had to pay it this month instead.

Ugh.

Who needs electricity when you have a $700 graphics card, right? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->