OT: General Video Game Discussion IX

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Has anyone here played Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order yet?

I got it and have only played a little bit. So far its a ton of story Vs. actual action. But I am just getting started so its building up.

Ill give an update as I go.

Ian from Shameless being the main character is a little odd for me though.

Reactions: TaLoN

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Never played Dark Souls, Tomb Raider has a pretty spotty story record for me personally.
If you like dying to random enemies and having to start over from the start you would like Dark Souls. Also if you just hate yourself it would be a game to play as well.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If you like dying to random enemies and having to start over from the start you would like Dark Souls. Also if you just hate yourself it would be a game to play as well.
So a game of extreme high difficulty reminiscent of games like Battle Toads. No saves, and you'll likely never know anyone personally who actually managed to beat the game.

No thanks.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I just figured out I can play Counter Strike Source on my old 2011 iMac.

Well, I haven't played a video game or CS in about 7 years, and I just went 142-30.

I'd say all those years haven't worn off!

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
So I've finally finished RDR2 after the third restart. That may have been the best, most frustrating, awesome, dull game I've ever played. Feel like I have so much to say, but the only thing I want to bring up is the pacing. Specifically ... Why in the hell did they feel the need to make such a long and boring epilogue after the emotional high of the main story conclusion. That was both a chore and a slog....

On to fallen order

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
So a game of extreme high difficulty reminiscent of games like Battle Toads. No saves, and you'll likely never know anyone personally who actually managed to beat the game.

No thanks.

As a lover of Dark Souls, I assure you... It's not that bad.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I found myself bored out of my mind quick with that game.

Same.... For the first two times I tried to play. It picks up, a lot, after a while. But crashes hard in the epilogue. But the main story is solid and I'm glad I powered through the dull parts.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
So I've finally finished RDR2 after the third restart. That may have been the best, most frustrating, awesome, dull game I've ever played. Feel like I have so much to say, but the only thing I want to bring up is the pacing. Specifically ... Why in the hell did they feel the need to make such a long and boring epilogue after the emotional high of the main story conclusion. That was both a chore and a slog....

On to fallen order
I still have yet to finish the last part of that game. A certain someones death made me all sad and I lost interest in finishing it up seeing as we all know how the story finishes.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I still have yet to finish the last part of that game. A certain someones death made me all sad and I lost interest in finishing it up seeing as we all know how the story finishes.
Yup. The game really should have ended on that note, the last part (which was extraordinarily long for an epilogue) was a chore and overshadowed but that other moment.

Reactions: SupremeNachos

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Yup. The game really should have ended on that note, the last part (which was extraordinarily long for an epilogue) was a chore and overshadowed but that other moment.
That was probably the saddest I've ever gotten over a video game. GOW had a few moments that almost got me, but Rockstar sure knows how to write a awesome story.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That was probably the saddest I've ever gotten over a video game. GOW had a few moments that almost got me, but Rockstar sure knows how to write a awesome story.
Saddest moment I ever had in a video game was when I was forced to kill Legion in ME3 because of a series of choices I had made through the Mass Effect Trilogy!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

On to fallen order
Completely agree on RDR2. The game was significantly less fun than the first one. I never understood the near-perfect ratings it was getting.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Loved RDR2. But understood the comments and critiques about it. That type of playstyle and story just fit me though. Not sure if I'll ever play it again, but that playthrough was a gaming experience I'll never forget. I didn't hate the epilogue as much as a lot of people but that was probably just because I like John a lot. It was kind of cool to get that segue into the next (first) game like that.

Picked up a PS4 Pro on one of those Black Friday deals...have been an Xbox person ever since the original (had a Ps2 but nothing since) but there were always those exclusive PS games that I wanted to try and I just have the regular Xbone, not the X, so I was interested in getting the higher performing console to see what it can do. Started playing Horizon Zero Dawn and man the game looks incredible. Haven't played a ton yet but enjoying it very much. Got that and God of War to play. Another reason I've wanted to get one is to eventually play Bloodborne too...

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I really wanted to like RDR2 and I invested quite a bit of time trying to convince myself that I liked it but ultimately I just got really bored. Uninstalled it to play CODMW2 and haven't reinstalled it since. Kinda too bad as I'm not even sure why I couldn't get into it but I definitely didn't. I find myself still playing MLB19 here and there but there is not much out right now that I am into.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
The origin story of RDR2 was amazing. That is why it got such high review scores. The lack of online play is the biggest thing that made me angry because they don't seem to be that involved in making it even worth playing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The origin story of RDR2 was amazing. That is why it got such high review scores. The lack of online play is the biggest thing that made me angry because they don't seem to be that involved in making it even worth playing.
I looked at the lack of online play as a plus. Too many games are being forced down that rabbit hole. Give me a good deep story single player campaign any day.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Kind of off topic, but certainly video game related.... Netflixs The Witcher is awesome. Those not into the game probably wouldnt care for it, but those into the game (or books... I have not read them yet) will likely love it.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Very video game related... Trials Rising... you can get it dirt cheap right now (sale through the 23rd), very fun addicting game!

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
As a dark souls fan boy who hated this game when it first came out.... I was totally wrong. Sekiro may be the best of everything From has created.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Looking forward to Doom, Resident Evil 3 Remake, Last of Us 2, Cyberpunk whenever that ends up coming out. Lots of good games coming up soon.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
The Show should keep me busy for most of the time period between Friday and when Cyberpunk comes out.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
The Show should keep me busy for most of the time period between Friday and when Cyberpunk comes out.
It's coming out to Xbox1 this time right? I swear I read that somewhere that Sony finally is letting other companies use their game. I'm not going to buy a PS4 just to play The Show so I hope the Xbox thing is true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad