OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion XI

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Better give Usman that BMF belt. Masvidal is one tough hombre, to KTFO him like that is no small feat. Between him and Ngannou, them africa boys sure can pack a punch !
Masvidal can GTFO and his lame belt. Dumbest gimmick. His biggest accomplishment was a highlight KO of a fighter who lost to Jake f***ing Paul.
Hopefully this humbles him out and he can stop talking like he's so the shit.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Masvidal can GTFO and his lame belt. Dumbest gimmick. His biggest accomplishment was a highlight KO of a fighter who lost to Jake f***ing Paul.
Hopefully this humbles him out and he can stop talking like he's so the shit.
Yeah, I guess holding a win against Askren doesn't look quite as big anymore :laugh: I'm pretty sure Masvidal knows what he's doing though, he's been a journeyman his whole career and this is a way to get a few big paydays before he's done. It's smart business, if nothing else.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yeah, I guess holding a win against Askren doesn't look quite as big anymore :laugh: I'm pretty sure Masvidal knows what he's doing though, he's been a journeyman his whole career and this is a way to get a few big paydays before he's done. It's smart business, if nothing else.

Yup, exactly what he's doing

But it's true, really feels like he was just more hype than anything lol, his title shots are done but he'll probably spend the rest of his career fighting the title shot losers from now on lol

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Yup, exactly what he's doing

But it's true, really feels like he was just more hype than anything lol, his title shots are done but he'll probably spend the rest of his career fighting the title shot losers from now on lol

Its okay to say Masvidal will be a gate keeper like Joel Romero used to be, but I think more props should be thrown at Usman, who I really don't like by the way. Don't put it past Masvidal to rebound. Unlikely, but not impossible.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

True, he got some paydays with a 3-3 record in his last 6 lol. He waited it out to even get a title fight rematched he didn't deserve. I'm sure his next bout will be the Diaz rematch for another good pay cheque.

I wanna see Wonder boy have another shot at the belt. I think he'll have to go through burns to get the winner of Usman/Colby though

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He was already a rich man but I sure can't see him sticking around the fighting game for much longer now. I mean, what's the point right ? He's already ''retired'' like 5 times already anyway.

Reactions: Gyfu

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He killed him :laugh:

Edit: Reyes faced two killers in Jiri and Jan, since he almost won against Jones... He was so close to be the champ, too bad. I feel bad, he got KTFO two times. :(

Last edited:

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
He was already a rich man but I sure can't see him sticking around the fighting game for much longer now. I mean, what's the point right ? He's already ''retired'' like 5 times already anyway.
He's already stated a few times he's fighting for $ and to secure his family's quality of life and that's what he's doing right now it seems, great fighter, you also don't get where he was if you don't have a hunger for competing/winning for sure, instead of just building himself an image as one of the best mma fighters to this day, which he deserves lol, he actually secured a future for his kids, grandkids passing down wealth for generations... As good a fighter he is/was, he might be one of the guy's with gsp and few others that planned their "after-fight-life" the best way, sticking up for themselves (you need to be one of the ufc goat to do that, to be able to tell the "ufc", go f*** yourself and pay me what i deserve)

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
He killed him :laugh:

Edit: Reyes faced two killers in Jiri and Jan, since he almost won against Jones... He was so close to be the champ, too bad. I feel bad, he got KTFO two times. :(

i'm starting to believe Jon Jones is out of his prime when his recent most competitive fights (Santos and Reyes) are falling off cliffs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
i'm starting to believe Jon Jones is out of his prime when his recent most competitive fights (Santos and Reyes) are falling off cliffs.

Can't really look at it that way. Could argue Jones inflicted damage and/or exposed something out of their styles. Doesn't mean anything.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Been MIA all week with work but glad to be free for this one.

Today is the day my favourite fighter Da Bronx becomes a world champion. This one is special because I went 8-0 with him on my mise tickets when I started betting on him, so I feel like I am part of this ride too hahah.

Jokes aside, I think he is next level, worried about him rising to the moment though. Regardless, I have him and Beneil.

Well see what happens. Chandler's got the wrestling, makes it interesting

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Been MIA all week with work but glad to be free for this one.

Today is the day my favourite fighter Da Bronx becomes a world champion. This one is special because I went 8-0 with him on my mise tickets when I started betting on him, so I feel like I am part of this ride too hahah.

Jokes aside, I think he is next level, worried about him rising to the moment though. Regardless, I have him and Beneil.
well see what happens

I have Chandler and Dariush. :popcorn:

Good luck and have a nice event !

Reactions: canucklover123

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->