OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion XI

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I thought Ige-Barboza was pretty bad too.

I had Hill winning too, but that was at least close. The troubling part was 2 judges had it 30-27 for Landwehr. And I thought it was 29-28 Elkins, I’m not sure what they were watching tbh.
All 4 of Elkins-Landwehr, Yadong-Vera, Ige-Barboza and Hill-Gadelha were bad decisions in my book. You can make an argument for the last one I guess but the other three were pretty clear . Certainly one of the worst nights in a while judging wise.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
All 4 of Elkins-Landwehr, Yadong-Vera, Ige-Barboza and Hill-Gadelha were bad decisions in my book. You can make an argument for the last one I guess but the other three were pretty clear . Certainly one of the worst nights in a while judging wise.
That’s how I saw it too, it worked out well for me because I picked all 4 of those results, but I feel like it was tainted.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I thought Ige-Barboza was pretty bad too.

I had Hill winning too, but that was at least close. The troubling part was 2 judges had it 30-27 for Landwehr. And I thought it was 29-28 Elkins, I’m not sure what they were watching tbh.

Yep, the fact that two judges had 27-30 in favour of Landwehr is puzzling, I had these four fights Elkins-Landwehr, Yadong-Vera, Ige-Barboza and Hill-Gadelha, as bad decisions. And the worst ones were Elkins-Landwehr and Yadong-Vera, imo.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
A lot of it is him desperately trying to play a character and get attention though, especially in the last couple of years. I don't know how much of a heel he really is IRL.
Oh I know, he's just extra creepy while doing it lol

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I don't know, Covington does come off as an actual real life d-bag a lot of the time :laugh: . He might be a very good actor I guess.

Of course, the thing is he turned into a POS from nowhere, he was not like that before. The rumours are that as soon as he learned that the UFC will release him even if he wins his fight, he decided to create his character. It worked for him, UFC is encouraging those kinds of things... Money over everything.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
First time looking at the smaller octagon. It does feel a bit cramped, it's not too noticable though. I don't know how much it's gonna change the fighters game plan in the end.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Crazy grappling from both guys, really fun if you're into that sort of fight.
I understand why people may not like grown men rolling around on the ground but once you watch enough fights and learn what they're trying to do in a technical ground battle is one of the most entertaining and gripping kind of fight. It really gets my heart racing when someone is in a tight submission and manages to break out of it

Reactions: Edgy

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I understand why people may not like grown men rolling around on the ground but once you watch enough fights and learn what they're trying to do in a technical ground battle is one of the most entertaining and gripping kind of fight. It really gets my heart racing when someone is in a tight submission and manages to break out of it
Oh for sure. Sakuraba used to be my favorite fighter back in the day, I always had a special place in my heart for the true cerebral artists. There's nothing like seeing a guy work for an entire round to secure a sub.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->