OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion XI

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Forgot about this card. was having too much fun playing with my new audio system.

I guess the bad Michael Johnson decided to show up lol
He was actually doing really good this time ! He was winning the fight with some pinpoint boxing but he got caught in a quick sub .

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
that's the most typical Blackzilians fighter thing ever :laugh:
I think he might have tweeked his knee or something. The other guy got kind of a loose knee bar and wasn't even cranking all that hard but Johnson tapped almost instantly. Story of his career I guess, he just can't catch a break ever.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
There's blood everywhere on the canvas because of the Landwehr vs Elkins fight and the main card is just barely starting :laugh: That was the most blood I've seen in a long while.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
UFC's profile is certainly going to gain some ground during COVID19... nice to have some live sports to watch. I'm a big boxing fan but UFC has gotten my interest.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Randleman in the HOF. He didn't always have the most exciting fights but he was certainly one of the most iconic early stars in the sport. For the old Pride fans like me he was definitely one of the bigger names in MMA .

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Randleman in the HOF. He didn't always have the most exciting fights but he was certainly one of the most iconic early stars in the sport. For the old Pride fans like me he was definitely one of the bigger names in MMA .
His KO of Crocop is one I will never forget, although Crocop did beat Randelman by guillotine chock. Crocop was a much bigger man by at least 3 inches and 25 pounds.
Looking at this fight makes you realize how tough Pride was as fighters were allowed a lot more. My first MMA card ever was UFC 8: David vs Goliath, which was brutal.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Big Dan was REAL nice to Overeem there. A lot of refs would have ended it. That was almost old school '' let Sakuraba die in the ring'' reffing.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
This.

Elkins-Landwehr
Yadong-Vera

Were the worst ones, imo.
I thought Ige-Barboza was pretty bad too.

I had Hill winning too, but that was at least close. The troubling part was 2 judges had it 30-27 for Landwehr. And I thought it was 29-28 Elkins, I’m not sure what they were watching tbh.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad