OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Conor McGregor makes 'quick announcement' that he's retired from MMA

My theory is that he's putting pressure on Dana to give him the share of the company he wants and it's all just a bluff . He IS crazy enough to just go '' **** it ,I don't need it anymore'' and leave but I don't believe it for a second.
Ya...well..there also isn't one single UFC fighter, ever, to have gotten a 100M+ payday from Boxing.
Some of these guys are fighting for like 50K salaries, it's pretty insane. Daniel Cormier got 640K when he fought Lewis...I mean, that's a nice pay day but it isn't life setting for you and your kids.

Then there's his whiskey business that's doing very well. So why would he actually fight? He's been champ in two divisions, he is the only UFC to do a massive Boxing promo, he's fought once in MMA since 2016 and got the snot kicked out of him...so..again...why would he actually want to fight? He doesn't have real beef with anyone..does he have the drive to go all out and create so much drama again to fight doesn't actually have to fight?

I don't know. A lot of people thought he wouldn't come back after the Floyd fight, then he did that Khabib shtick and it totally backfired for...what was it?..3M?

I can see him sitting out permenantly and just enjoy being on the sideline talking trash/commenting.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Ya...well..there also isn't one single UFC fighter, ever, to have gotten a 100M+ payday from Boxing.
Some of these guys are fighting for like 50K salaries, it's pretty insane. Daniel Cormier got 640K when he fought Lewis...I mean, that's a nice pay day but it isn't life setting for you and your kids.

Then there's his whiskey business that's doing very well. So why would he actually fight? He's been champ in two divisions, he is the only UFC to do a massive Boxing promo, he's fought once in MMA since 2016 and got the snot kicked out of him...so..again...why would he actually want to fight? He doesn't have real beef with anyone..does he have the drive to go all out and create so much drama again to fight doesn't actually have to fight?

I don't know. A lot of people thought he wouldn't come back after the Floyd fight, then he did that Khabib shtick and it totally backfired for...what was it?..3M?

I can see him sitting out permenantly and just enjoy being on the sideline talking trash/commenting.

3m$ + ppv shares.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Oh he certainly doesn't NEED to fight at this point in his life, he's made more than enough money to just sit back. I just don't picture him just saying bye and leaving like that without a last big bang. Plus, Conor himself was talking about working for a potential July fight just days ago. It all feels off to me but we'll see I guess.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Oh he certainly doesn't NEED to fight at this point in his life, he's made more than enough money to just sit back. I just don't picture him just saying bye and leaving like that without a last big bang. Plus, Conor himself was talking about working for a potential July fight just days ago. It all feels off to me but we'll see I guess.
GSP wanted to fight Khabib apparently too, but then he retired.

Could be twisting Dana's arm...just saying, wouldnt be surprising to me if he called it quits either.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

DC made more than 640k and CM made a lot more than 3M. That's just disclosed payouts.

In the Mayweather/Mcgregor fight his disclosed payout was 30M and he ended up making ~100M. I would imagine he has more pull with the UFC and likely made 10-25M for the Khabib fight.

I agree with the rest however.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It does start to add up: the bottle throwing at the presser, the bus attack, the brawl with Khabib's camp, the phone thing, pushing a ref at a Bellator show, potential rape,etc...Dude just can't stay out of trouble.

Reactions: TRG

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
It does start to add up: the bottle throwing at the presser, the bus attack, the brawl with Khabib's camp, the phone thing, pushing a ref at a Bellator show, potential rape,etc...Dude just can't stay out of trouble.

Dude thinks he's invincible. Look at how he rationalized how he was dismantled by Khabib.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I don’t really like Malignaggi but after watching knight and Lobov fight I think a real boxer with a chin would wreck either one.

Malignaggi may actually do as he promised and give lobov some serious damage.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
The question is if he actually took it entire time or only for Cejudo fight. It's up to him to specify that but seems like his legacy is tarnished big time.

Garbrant accused him of taking EPO before their second fight. There's a rumor that Dillashaw was the one teaching young fighter how to use PED during his time at Alpha male.

I don't really mind I still like TJ and Cody. Actually the more you hear about the whole story, the Alpha Male crew might have been right that he was the bad guy in their saga.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Garbrant accused him of taking EPO before their second fight. There's a rumor that Dillashaw was the one teaching young fighter how to use PED during his time at Alpha male.

I don't really mind I still like TJ and Cody. Actually the more you hear about the whole story, the Alpha Male crew might have been right that he was the bad guy in their saga.

Garbrant said he was on everything, unsure about EPO.

When Cody suggested he was teaching Alpha Male how to do it it makes Alpha Male look bad too. Suggests there's other users lol

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

When Cody suggested he was teaching Alpha Male how to do it it makes Alpha Male look bad too. Suggests there's other users lol

Read the article in my original post, in 2018 Cody accused him on Twitter of using EPO before their second fight.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Time for you to catch on mate, they're all on stuff man. Not sure how many more positive tests you need to come out to realize this.

Reactions: HOPE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->