OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Wilder need to get some actual coaches. Dude is the same fighter he was 5 years ago. Amazing talent, but just never learned the skills to take it to that next level.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Wilder was done after the eardrum was popped. Now that he officially lost let's see if he can adjust.

On a side note: Marchand the bar has been raised.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Heavy weight boxing must be dying soon with these kind of fighters fighting for the crown.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Lol. Heavyweight boxing has been doing great and will continue to do great because there are several boxers fighting for the crown. Different names, different era, same results..all it takes is one punch and anything can happen.

I meant quality wise, not economically.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I meant quality wise, not economically.
Fury is a very technical boxer for a big man, he used a game plan to lean on Wilder to take away his one weapon, it looked sloppy, but it was a perfect strategy. This was a great game plan out to work. Nothing poor about the quality of that strategy, was perfection.

Reactions: Habs13

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
I really like Fury. He puts on quite a show! Very agile and quick hands. The most accurate puncher of his division at this point.

Reactions: Habs13

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Anyone think Romero can beat Stylebender? Should be a good card.

Romero is a dangerous opponent for anyone at that even at 42 years old. Very explosive (especially when he's fresh) with good power and good wrestling. He certainly does have a chance to win this

That said i think Adesanya will win by staying on the outside and will slowly pick him apart with strikes. If he can avoid those early Romero blitz/rushes he should have this

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Romero vs Stylebender was disappointing. All this taunting but Romero never tried to take the belt.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
What a crappy fight, Adesanya had no dangerous shot, at least Romero touched him 3 times with his right, but yeah you can't give a win for that and Romero was the challenger.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Romero needs to go away. I’d consider cutting him after that performance. Gifted a title shot and then responds like that. Then post-fight acts all tough and accuses Izzy of running. This guy is delusional. I have to rewatch JJ VS ZHANG, I had it 3-2 JJ, but most disagree with me. Might have been the most entertaining ufc fight I have ever watched.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Romero's entire gameplan is built around short bursts of explosiveness because he has to be constantly wary of his stamina, especially in a 5 round fight. That doesn't always lend itself to exciting action sadly. He needs to be in there with a certain type of opponent or it turns into a waiting game. It's fight of the night or bust with him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Romero needs to go away. I’d consider cutting him after that performance. Gifted a title shot and then responds like that. Then post-fight acts all tough and accuses Izzy of running. This guy is delusional. I have to rewatch JJ VS ZHANG, I had it 3-2 JJ, but most disagree with me. Might have been the most entertaining ufc fight I have ever watched.

I had JJ winning too.

As for Romero, he's right and not right. Izzy did f*** all but Romero is the last one who should be complaining. He wasn't any better.

Romero's entire gameplan is built around short bursts of explosiveness because he has to be constantly wary of his stamina, especially in a 5 round fight. That doesn't always lend itself to exciting action sadly. He needs to be in there with a certain type of opponent or it turns into a waiting game. It's fight of the night or bust with him.

That's the thing. They were so many rounds in with no action you'd think he'd feel he could exert himself more given the short amount of time left. He was still passive...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That's the thing. They were so many rounds in with no action you'd think he'd feel he could exert himself more given the short amount of time left. He was still passive...
I'd like to see him give 205 a shot for his next few fights. At 42 I just don't think his body can take the 185 cut anymore. It would at least save some of his stamina and he might be able to use his olympic medal level wrestling, which he just about never does at 185.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'd like to see him give 205 a shot for his next few fights. At 42 I just don't think his body can take the 185 cut anymore. It would at least save some of his stamina and he might be able to use his olympic medal level wrestling, which he just about never does at 185.

He’s got 3 losses in a row now.

I say he fights Silva at 185 then moves up.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
The Zhang and JJ fight was a lot of fun to watch. JJ losing despite pulling 2 cheap shots, one at the end of the 1st round with a straight punch after the bell and one at the end of the 2nd round with a head butt. I had the fight 4 rounds to 1 for Zhang.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->