OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
When did Anthony Johnson because some sort of measuring stick? Is this real life?

Since Anthony Johnson KOed a lot of guys on Jones' list?

I mean, apart from Cormier Jones last fought OSP, Teixeira and Gustafsson.

Anthony Johnson KOed Teixeira and Gustafsson in the first round and Teixeira beat OSP. He also KOed Manuwa.

Johnson KOed Ryan Bader, Bellator LHW champ and former Jones fight.

Then there's Volkan who KOed Manuwa and beat others like OSP.

I brought up OSP because you know, he's the guy Jones fought for the interim belt. Volkan beat him too. DC beat Volkan.

It's simple logic. Johnson was doing very well at light heavyweight. I believe he's 10-2 at LHW. His 2 loses coming to DC only, he lost to no one else in that division.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Since Anthony Johnson KOed a lot of guys on Jones' list?

I mean, apart from Cormier Jones last fought OSP, Teixeira and Gustafsson.

Anthony Johnson KOed Teixeira and Gustafsson in the first round and Teixeira beat OSP. He also KOed Manuwa.

Johnson KOed Ryan Bader, Bellator LHW champ and former Jones fight.

Then there's Volkan who KOed Manuwa and beat others like OSP.

I brought up OSP because you know, he's the guy Jones fought for the interim belt. Volkan beat him too. DC beat Volkan.

It's simple logic. Johnson was doing very well at light heavyweight. I believe he's 10-2 at LHW. His 2 loses coming to DC only, he lost to no one else in that division.
What makes Jones a special fighter is how he fights, his actual skills.
People in here talking about Anthony Johnson...
Jones made head turns because of how he fought. That along with his record is why he's in the GOAT category.
Cormier is a great fighter too but just not on same level. Fact he lost twice to Jones also backs this up.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
What makes Jones a special fighter is how he fights, his actual skills.
People in here talking about Anthony Johnson...
Jones made head turns because of how he fought. That along with his record is why he's in the GOAT category.
Cormier is a great fighter too but just not on same level. Fact he lost twice to Jones also backs this up.

But no one said Johnson is some Goat...just that he was legit competition.

Johnson was supposed to fight Jones but jones had that hit and run I believe

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
But no one said Johnson is some Goat...just that he was legit competition.

Johnson was supposed to fight Jones but jones had that hit and run I believe

I think this competition discussion can be dropped.
You believe Cormier faced similar level guys. I think Jones had tougher guys. But I mean really, put them on the same level if you want. That wasn't the discussion.
You narrowed in on one argument used to discuss how Jones is better and Cormier shouldn't be in GOAT group, and made it the focal point of discussion.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think this competition discussion can be dropped.
You believe Cormier faced similar level guys. I think Jones had tougher guys. But I mean really, put them on the same level if you want. That wasn't the discussion.
You narrowed in on one argument used to discuss how Jones is better and Cormier shouldn't be in GOAT group, and made it the focal point of discussion.

Okay so let me get this straight.

DC isn't amongst the best of all time despite being only one of 2 to hold 2 belts at same time, only losing to one person in late 30s and having similar competition to jones.

But Jones who has cheated is one of the GOAT???

IF competition is equal and DC doesn't have a tarnished legacy from PED use then why isn't he on same footing as Jones? Because Jones beat him using roids?

Jones and DC were scheduled to fight 3 times.

1 was pre-USADA and 2 were post USADA coming in.

The post USADA ones...he got tested for steroids both times. BOTH.

What do you think would've happened the first time had he been tested?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Okay so let me get this straight.

DC isn't amongst the best of all time despite being only one of 2 to hold 2 belts at same time, only losing to one person in late 30s and having similar competition to jones.

But Jones who has cheated is one of the GOAT???

IF competition is equal and DC doesn't have a tarnished legacy from PED use then why isn't he on same footing as Jones? Because Jones beat him using roids?

Jones and DC were scheduled to fight 3 times.

1 was pre-USADA and 2 were post USADA coming in.

The post USADA ones...he got tested for steroids both times. BOTH.

What do you think would've happened the first time had he been tested?
He lost man, get over it.
Failing a PED test does not mean JJ lost fights or that he would lose some.

I don't care about holding 2 division belts, this has more to do with the weakness of divisions than him accomplishing this awesome feat.
To me Cormier needs to do more to show he's the GOAT or even part of the discussion.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Two loser internet kids fighting and people pay to watch this....sad lol

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Pure curiosity makes me want to see who wins in the main events. It's kind of just wanting to see a trainwreck happen and I'm wondering who falls off the tracks first.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Predictions on main events?

Logan beats KSI. Logan just seems a lot more athletic to me.
50-50 on Deji and Jake. I feel Jake looks better but who knows. I feel one will gas out and lose.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
picking KSI because black man genetics. Like there's any good reason to pick one idiotic internet rich boy or another.

Well I got Logan because he just looks more athletic. Since their boxing skills are rather basic I went with the taller, heavier and more athletic person. Although the first two(Taller/heavier) aren't as dramatic.

That's all I really got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad