OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Tomorrow will be...

8rWSPVW.gif
I often wonder what that guy is up to these days, 20+ years later and all. I hope he still enjoys watching fights at the very least :laugh:

Reactions: TRG

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Bump for UFC 220. Have not been this excited for a MMA HW fight in a long time. Reigning champ Miocic can make history by becoming the only fighter to defend his title 3 times in a row. His opponent Ngannou is a relative newcomer annihilating everything in his path so far. Champ is considered the underdog according to bookmakers. Two likable fighters with great background stories. Not sure who to root for. In any case expecting a fairly quick finish.

Cormier also defending his title on the same card.

Reactions: c3z4r

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that Ngannou didn't seriously train in ANY combat sport prior to 2013 and there he is, fighting for the belt. Talk about freak athletic talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3z4r

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Oh man can't wait for tonight. I just love Miocic so much, too bad the division is absolute trash right now. If he handles Ngannou like he did everyone else, I'm not even sure he'll have anybody to fight for the next year or two.

Man's got that immigrant mentality

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Don't forget Bellator, that card is actually pretty good. Plus you get to see whether Rampage can make it to the start of his fight without gassing out from carrying 50+ pounds of extra blubber.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Oh man can't wait for tonight. I just love Miocic so much, too bad the division is absolute trash right now. If he handles Ngannou like he did everyone else, I'm not even sure he'll have anybody to fight for the next year or two.

Stiopic! Khalabib!

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

I'd like Cain Velasquez to take on the winner albeit he may need a tune-up fight first.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
1-1 on the Bellator front, Rory is taking the most punishment though. He doesn't look confortable at all, outside of the clinch where he's in fairly easy control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad