OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Wow DC... just wow bud, that was a pretty amazing sight, not as great as what GSP did imo but im biased lol, but just ..wow, i thought it would be REAL tough for him, but hes such a f***ing pro, WOW

congratulations Daniel!!

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I don't get why you guys cheer for DC. The guy literally eye slashed Stipe and from there won the fight. That's absolute cheating. That's not a true champion.

And I'm sorry, but UFC is dumb and classless. Trying to promote Lesnar's return instead of having Stipe speak after the fight. Lack of class for a former champ who redefine the HW class. And same goes to DC who didn't even mention Stipe in his post fight interview.

Stipe will come back and get his belt.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Thats what was so cool about the moment, everyone in the building, everyone in his team, everyone in the ring understood that this was a career cementing moment, a true legend hall of famer

this was really cool to see, how did he get this done the guy was a giant lol
I don't know, but Stipe didn't look good at all from the get go. Something made it hard for him to deal with Cormier's striking. Rogan was saying that the coaches said Cormier was hitting stupid hard with the weight added on so that might be it. Stipe was stun by Cormier's power from the get go.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
Brock vs DC in November should be a beauty. UFC PPV record maybe?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Brock vs DC in November should be a beauty. UFC PPV record maybe?
With the right promotion and a decent undercard it absolutely has a chance. I predict a minimum 1.5 million buys, maybe even a 2, which is almost the record. And that would be the conservative bet.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Brock Lesnar better back it up with some action otherwise DC is going to undisputed most fantastic Champion the world has ever seen.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
What has Brock done to deserve a fight with DC honestly? I'd be so pissed if I were in the UFC. They care a lot more about $$$ than being legitimate.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
What has Brock done to deserve a fight with DC honestly? I'd be so pissed if I were in the UFC. They care a lot more about $$$ than being legitimate.

Who else deserves a shot at the HW title right now? The only other option would be a rematch with Stipe, maybe Volkov. This will be DC's last fight imo. He'll go out with the huge payday and then stick with his commentary gig.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Who else deserves a shot at the HW title right now? The only other option would be a rematch with Stipe, maybe Volkov. This will be DC's last fight imo. He'll go out with the huge payday and then stick with his commentary gig.
I've admittedly stopped following UFC after they decided to have 3 events a month but based on records Curtis Blaydes has a stronger case than Lesnar who beat Hunt. The funny thing is that Lesnar's last fight was not exciting at all. Dana hates wrestlers who do nothing on the ground and although Lesnar did the right thing since he can't take a punch, his fight was not exciting whatsoever (plus add him being tested positive).

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I've admittedly stopped following UFC after they decided to have 3 events a month but based on records Curtis Blaydes has a stronger case than Lesnar who beat Hunt. The funny thing is that Lesnar's last fight was not exciting at all. Dana hates wrestlers who do nothing on the ground and although Lesnar did the right thing since he can't take a punch, his fight was not exciting whatsoever (plus add him being tested positive).
It's 100% a business oriented decision on the UFC's part. Lesnar has that ''aura'' and will draw a big casual fan audience and that's what they're looking for right now . I too wish belts and rankings actually meant something but that's just the way it is in the post McGregor era. It's a buy rate oriented business, they don't make their plans in accordance with what a hardcore fan like me for exemple would want. In all honesty though, the heavyweight division is pretty bare right now, that fight is the only one that makes sense with DC leaving pretty soon.

Reactions: Deebs

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

Was hoping Velasquez would be back healthy but even him for title fight after over 2 years off may need a tune-up fight. Although HWs are so unpredictable there is always risk. Velasquez vs Cormier would do very well in PPV but nowhere close to what Lesnar attracts.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Was hoping Velasquez would be back healthy but even him for title fight after over 2 years off may need a tune-up fight. Although HWs are so unpredictable there is always risk. Velasquez vs Cormier would do very well in PPV but nowhere close to what Lesnar attracts.
DC and Velasquez will never fight, they're teammates and close buddies. By his own admission, part of the reason why DC went to 205 was to make sure that would never be a possibility.

Reactions: LeHab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->