OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
If you can survive a freak of nature like Romero two times then you deserve the damn belt. I know I wouldn't want to be in the octagon with that dude.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
When 2 counter strikers face off each other, it tends to lead a boring fight where both men neutralizes each other. When Whittaker and Romero fights each other, they bring the best out of each other.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If you can survive a freak of nature like Romero two times then you deserve the damn belt. I know I wouldn't want to be in the octagon with that dude.

I wouldn't wanna do anything with Romero.

Romero could pick up more chicks at 41 with a busted eye and broken English than I can in my prime.

He's intimidating as f*** and his genetics make everyone else look like shit.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
one of the best fights I ever saw, what courage and determination by both fighters, especially Whittaker, how could he survive and make it to the limit?! it wasnt humain..

I have to say, Im more of a boxing fan than MMA, but the best warriors of the planet are definitely MMA ones...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I wouldn't wanna do anything with Romero.

Romero could pick up more chicks at 41 with a busted eye and broken English than I can in my prime.

He's intimidating as **** and his genetics make everyone else look like ****.
He was heavier than Whittaker though, didnt make the cut, so even more deserved win for Whittaker...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He was heavier than Whittaker though, didnt make the cut, so even more deserved win for Whittaker...

He had an hour left to lose .2 lbs...the commission cut him off which is kind of BS. He had time and the amount left was minimal.

He's a big middleweight though, no question.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And Whittaker was fighting with a busted hand from the get go......great fight, great dudes.

Made up for the Dos Anjos fight......what a snooze fest that was

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Seems like Mike Jackson won the fight but lost his UFC contract anyway on account of how he acted during the fight.
Apparently Dana was pissed about him not really trying to finish Punk . I think it's a bit harsh honestly, it's not like he didn't hit him multiple times with clean punches. It's more of a credit to Punk's resilience than Jackson not trying hard enough.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Apparently Dana was pissed about him not really trying to finish Punk . I think it's a bit harsh honestly, it's not like he didn't hit him multiple times with clean punches. It's more of a credit to Punk's resilience than Jackson not trying hard enough.

Meh. I think Jackson was purposely giving off a “this is too easy” vibe.

I think him showboating gave the wrong image.

Besides, if you’re a boxer and can’t finish punk then no you shouldn’t be in ufc anyway.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Oh, hey: Here's an X-ray of UFC champ Robert Whittaker's broken hand
It was obvious watching the fight but it's now official that Robert Whittaker had to fight with a severely broken right thumb for most of the fight with Romero. It's 2 times now that he beats him with an essentially useless limb. Let nobody tell you the dude doesn't deserve his belt.

Whether he deserves belt or not is irrelevant. People are wondering if he won the fight.

Unfortunately, injuries are definitely part of that sport.

Habs don't deserve a cup because Price got injured when we made ECF.

Winner is winner and this time it was close(just like last time actually).

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Reactions: mariolemieux66

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I watched the Dana White contender series Tuesday night, what a joke. The dude needs to clean up all the wwe aura around his org and make it an actual pro fighting organization.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
After Joshua vs Wilder another high profile fight was announced: GGG vs Canelo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->