OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He looked better standing up than on the ground tbh. And thats after he got rocked three times standing up. His kicks worked well though
He never hurt Burns or even came all that close to doing so. He's competent striking wise but that's about it. I'd really rather see him work from the top.

Last edited:

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
He never hurt Burns or even came all that close to doing so. He's competent striking wise but that's about it. I'd really rather see him work from the top.

For sure, his jiu-jitsu and upper body take downs are his main weapons. Burns was absolutely dominating both, I guess he felt he had a better chance standing up and he was right.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Manuwa has to have one of the weakest chins in MMA. Every punch rocks him. Absolute glass cannon.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
If standing up with Holloway was Ortega's plan he needs to fire his entire corner. He never looked like he belonged in that cage. Of course he can always pull a sick submission, but this was a comprehensive beating. I don't have the final numbers, but Ortega must've broke the record for shots tanked in a championship fight. He was a flesh punching bag with eyes.

Reactions: TRG

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Ortega is very much the less experienced version of Holloway. The chin, the boxing, the neck-chokes from clinch. Half the danger with Ortega is the wonky neck-catching clinch game and Holloway simply dismantled it masterfully

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
just saw the 2m30s interview Aubin Mercier gave RDS after the fight. Really impressed by the fire in his eyes and his analysis (right after the fight). Wouldn't be surprised if he made an epic comeback in his next fight.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Stevenson's wife tweeting asking for a miracle.... am I the only one thinking that such a tweet is not indicative of much progress...? :(

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
just saw the 2m30s interview Aubin Mercier gave RDS after the fight. Really impressed by the fire in his eyes and his analysis (right after the fight). Wouldn't be surprised if he made an epic comeback in his next fight.

He is what he is at this point, a good fighter in the Lightweight division, where good fighters are dime a dozen. He's neither exceptional at striking, wrestling or BJJ. and Judo has rarely ever been a useful skill in high-level MMA outside of take-down defense.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
He is what he is at this point, a good fighter in the Lightweight division, where good fighters are dime a dozen. He's neither exceptional at striking, wrestling or BJJ. and Judo has rarely ever been a useful skill in high-level MMA outside of take-down defense.

His BJJ back game is lethal, he's also pretty good in the clinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->