OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Khabib vs Ferguson has been a cursed matchup for a good while now, I'm almost tempted to believe it'll be the same this time as well. Khabib sounded lukewarm at best about the whole thing a few weeks ago and seemed much more interested in Mayweather. As a fan, I really hope he does fight Ferguson as I don't see the appeal of a boxing bout for him at all. I don't even thing there would be all that much money in it, people have seen the whole mma vs boxing thing by now, it'll never be new again.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Khabib vs Ferguson has been a cursed matchup for a good while now, I'm almost tempted to believe it'll be the same this time as well. Khabib sounded lukewarm at best about the whole thing a few weeks ago and seemed much more interested in Mayweather. As a fan, I really hope he does fight Ferguson as I don't see the appeal of a boxing bout for him at all. I don't even thing there would be all that much money in it, people have seen the whole mma vs boxing thing by now, it'll never be new again.

Khabib's management is a joke honestly. Khabib seems humble still, but his agent...not so much.

He won belt from a guy out of top 10 and defended it vs a guy who despite being a fair opponent was gone for 2 years.

He cares about legacy, why not defend again vs someone more active like Ferguson? Poirier? Anyone worthy of mention in top 5. He doesn't want to.

He has no business fighting Mayweather. Mcgregor fought Floyd after KOing lots of top end talent, Aldo in 13 seconds, Alvares, etc... He was on a run.

Khabib wrestles people, there's zero reason he goes into boxing. If he does, I hope he faces a real boxer so he can get KO'd and make his management team humble again.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
There's no way anyone can score that 7 - 5 for Wilder and be allowed to judge another fight. The draw I can accept even though I don't necessarily agree, but 4 point swing for Wilder, no f***ing way.

Outside of the 2 knockdowns, Fury put on a boxing clinic.

Reactions: TRG

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
There's no way anyone can score that 7 - 5 for Wilder and be allowed to judge another fight. The draw I can accept even though I don't necessarily agree, but 4 point swing for Wilder, no ****ing way.

Outside of the 2 knockdowns, Fury put on a boxing clinic.

Before the fight the broadcast kept trying to remind everyone 'Boxing is not dead, it's as popular as ever' and they pull this stunt. Same thing happened with GGG fight. Seems like promoters are desperate to have their big fights happen twice.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Before the fight the broadcast kept trying to remind everyone 'Boxing is not dead, it's as popular as ever' and they pull this stunt. Same thing happened with GGG fight. Seems like promoters are desperate to have their big fights happen twice.

This was worse than the GGG fight, 115-111 for Wilder is a complete joke, there is no way to get to that score no matter how hard you try. There weren't even any tough rounds to score imo.

Reactions: TRG

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

If Fury won, Wilder got an automatic rematch in the contract.

I thought Wilder could get one or two judge's score cards to a draw, because of his two knock downs. No way I was expecting someone thought Wilder would get a 4pts card in his favor that's insane. I had the fight 115-111 for Fury , that's 8 rounds where I disagree with the one judge.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
No accountability in the judges, it's ridiculous. The corrupt judge gave rds 1-4 all to Wilder. This shit literally makes me sick to my stomach lol.

He should have judged his last fight.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I disagree. I thought Wilder won. He was pushing the pace most of the fight and he got two knockdowns.
Fury definitely won some rounds but gave more to Wilder.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This is why I don't watch boxing. I get sucked into watching some of these big fights, but every time I do, I feel cheated because the judges are so corrupt. Controversial decisions happen occasionally in the UFC, but I can usually at least see how it would go either way. Very rarely is there ever a complete robbery. Of the 4 boxing matches I've watched the last couple of years, I've disagree with the judges on every one.

Mayweather vs. McGregor : Floyd stopped him so it didn't matter, but they were well on their way to robbing Conor. A couple of those early rounds Floyd barely even threw a punch and the judges gave the rounds to him.

Canelo - GGG : Robbery. GGG dominated and it was called a draw.

Canelo - GGG 2: Closer, but I still thought GGG won and they gave it to Canelo.

Wilder - Fury : Robbery. At least with how boxing is supposed to be scored.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
What a f***ing fight, though. How the hell did Fury get up in the last round? I thought he was out cold. That was like a movie....although I guess in the movie, he would have then knocked out Wilder. Still, crazy.

Reactions: PhysicX

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Just read that Adonis Stevenson is in critical condition at the hospital following his knockout loss last night. I didnt see the fight, must have been a violent KO.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Just read that Adonis Stevenson is in critical condition at the hospital following his knockout loss last night. I didnt see the fight, must have been a violent KO.

Well.... it was clearly a KO, and one that had been in the works for nearly the whole round, but as far as "brutal" goes, it's far from the worse I've seen.

Apparently he wasn't so bad at first (like, he could shower on the premises) but it apparently went downhill at some point and was brought to the hospital.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah feels bad for Stevenson. You rarely hear about boxers going to the hospital these days (I may be wrong though)

I hope we will get good news soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad