OT: General UFC/MMA/Boxing discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's gonna be a pretty big test for Lawler's takedown defense. He hasn't looked all that great in his last few fights either, Askren could actually do quick work of him . A big left can change all that in a hurry, obviously.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's kinda funny how Valentina's sister has a completely different look/body type. They're the female version of the Emelianenko brothers I guess.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Defensive clinch work really shouldn't count on the score card. Stewart literally doesn't have a single scratch on him. He's probably had a massage or two that were more painful than this fight and yet he's leaving with a lost.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dana said during the post fight interview last night he would like to make Khabib-Tony and Conor-Poirier with the winners fighting next. I think this makes the most sense and is exactly what I want to see happen. Of course there are still the suspensions, contract negotiations, etc. that would need to be worked through, but I'm glad to hear that this is the direction they are thinking.

Khabib-Tony is the fight that has to happen. I think Khabib wins it, but Tony does present a challenge. I don't think Khabib has ever fought anyone as good as Tony is on the ground. He's long, unpredictable, and tough as hell, too.

Conor-Poirier both need a win to get a title shot, so it makes sense for them to fight. I'd expect Conor to win too, so it's the UFC's best shot at making another huge fight with Conor with obviously the Khabib rematch being the biggest.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Dana said during the post fight interview last night he would like to make Khabib-Tony and Conor-Poirier with the winners fighting next. I think this makes the most sense and is exactly what I want to see happen. Of course there are still the suspensions, contract negotiations, etc. that would need to be worked through, but I'm glad to hear that this is the direction they are thinking.

Khabib-Tony is the fight that has to happen. I think Khabib wins it, but Tony does present a challenge. I don't think Khabib has ever fought anyone as good as Tony is on the ground. He's long, unpredictable, and tough as hell, too.

Conor-Poirier both need a win to get a title shot, so it makes sense for them to fight. I'd expect Conor to win too, so it's the UFC's best shot at making another huge fight with Conor with obviously the Khabib rematch being the biggest.

Khabib's management keeps refusing Tony. I'm unsure why but they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad