General Stars Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Pretty quietly, but Benn is 10th in overall points right now: 22 goals, 34 assists for 56 points.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Spezza's getting up there as well, tied for 30th overall in points, 11th in the league in assists.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's not even too excessive to talk about the possibility for him to win the Art Ross.

Definitely, considering how tight of a race it is. It's up for grabs, and with as hot as Benn has looked lately, he very well could push him way up there.

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
I know I'm in the minority, but I kinda miss the old uniforms. It would be nice if they would still use the black homes for an alternate jersey. Kari also sported his best masks with that color scheme.

Stargazer1111

Oct 19, 2014
Although they won't go back to the old color scheme, I suspect the 3rds they come out with in the future will be black with green/silver trim.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
If we go with a 3rd, I'd like to see something like this.

41oAcXpqSzL.jpg

Either that, or just go total retro. Not the symbol though, of course.

TimYoung8x10.jpg

The Mooterus to me isn't really that awful of a jersey. The symbol though a neat idea, is bad, but my real beef with it (no pun intended) is the red. To me it was blasphemous to have red in a Stars uniform. 48 years of nice uniforms tainted a little with one poor decision. It'd be like the Red Wings having a 3rd with green in it. Or blue. Just blasphemous.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Gonna be on the road for most of the day, so I won't be able to make the GDT tonight.

Stargazer1111

Oct 19, 2014
Before Gaglardi bought the team, there was a move in the organization to make a third jersey in the style of the green N* jersey except with a D.

This one:

20130419171710711.jpg

However, after listening to the desire to sever ties with that time, I seriously doubt we see anything North Stars related.

At most, we'll see a 90's retro with the current color scheme or something. More likely, I bet it will be black with the new Texas logo instead.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Still no word on why Eakin's been benched.

He must've done something that seriously peeved a coach or a manager.

Rumor is that he's been on the outs with the team all season though, which surprises me. I always thought he fit in quite well.

Loui21Eriksson

Jul 17, 2013
Germany
Still no word on why Eakin's been benched.

He must've done something that seriously peeved a coach or a manager.

Rumor is that he's been on the outs with the team all season though, which surprises me. I always thought he fit in quite well.

Just two thoughts.

I like the fact that nothing is made public. Let them handle it internally. (Yeah, I'd like to know what's going too...)

Isn't it odd that Eakin is a game-time decision for the game against the Canes? I mean you either scratch him for a game or two but you wouldn't usually make that decision right before the game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just two thoughts.

I like the fact that nothing is made public. Let them handle it internally. (Yeah, I'd like to know what's going too...)

Isn't it odd that Eakin is a game-time decision for the game against the Canes? I mean you either scratch him for a game or two but you wouldn't usually make that decision right before the game.

Agreed. Handling this much better than the Leafs are handling the Kadri situation. Granted, the markets are vastly different, but the Stars have still kept Eakin's much more tightly wrapped. Hell, we didn't even know until right before the game.

That stuck out to me as well, it didn't really make sense. I really have no idea what it could be, and chances are we won't ever know (which is fine by me).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We're handling it better because there's 100000x less people who give a **** about what Eakin does in his time on and off the ice.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So Dallas is 21-1-1 when our goalies have a save percentage of .910 or above, that's pretty incredible.

Yes, it is. And Lehtonen's been back to form lately.

If he keeps that up and we can play like this for another week or so, the playoffs are very much achievable.

I think the teams we're chasing are Calgary and Vancouver for the last wildcard spot. LA is getting hot again, Minnesota is hot, and everyone else is too far ahead to reasonably catch.

Neither team is performing particularly well. Vancouver's overachieving a little bit IMO, and Calgary lost their Norris candidate recently as well. If we're gonna get in, one of those two teams won't.

We jumped Colorado tonight, but we've still got to jump Winnipeg and San Jose. San Jose is collapsing internally, and even with all of their talent, they've just had a terrible year. Winnipeg's gonna be more difficult to catch.

Last edited:

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
I don't think stars will make it LA and Minnesota are going to make it and take the two final wildcard spots doesn't matter what Vancouver, Calgary, or San Jose do since they will be fighting for the two pacific spots.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1XMBICY.png

This is relative shooting% for goal for and against.

1.74 means that the Stars give up 74% more shots that are goals from that region than the average team in the league.

lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->