Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
He looks more comfortable every shift. He's certainly not outmatched by anyone on the ice. Making great plays along the boards, has had several nice passes that might have been goals if he was passing to NHL players. He looks especially dangerous on the PP. If he keeps playing like this, he's going to see some NHL games before the end of the season.

Yeah, but even the Wild only have a small handful of those.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
yeah I didn't think he was getting a ton of time. The AHL doesn't track it but I'd say 14-15 mins

I would have guessed 11-13 and I'd bet a third of that was probably PP time. It's great that he's getting the PP time, but I'd love to see him with Dewar at even strength. I think those two could work well together.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy looks good. Nice shooting and passing skills. Makes smart decisions with the puck. Was curious to see how he would take the physicality, but doesn't seem to bother him, or maybe the AHL is just not that physical anymore. He certainly looks every bit of 6'2" out there. His skating on the rush needs to improve, though sometimes players look slower when they are with a new team, as they aren't as decisive in their reads. Will be interesting to see how he develops as he gets used to a new league.

Addison looks very good. He is short, but pretty squat, and seems to be ok in the D zone.

Dewar still looks good to me.

Reactions: MNRube

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boldy looks good. Nice shooting and passing skills. Makes smart decisions with the puck. Was curious to see how he would take the physicality, but doesn't seem to bother him, or maybe the AHL is just not that physical anymore. He certainly looks every bit of 6'2" out there. His skating on the rush needs to improve, though sometimes players look slower when they are with a new team, as they aren't as decisive in their reads. Will be interesting to see how he develops as he gets used to a new league.

Addison looks very good. He is short, but pretty squat, and seems to be ok in the D zone.

Dewar still looks good to me.

Dewar definitely has a future as a bottom six guy in the NHL. He's got just enough skill, but his motor is constantly on and he battles really hard.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Here's a better angle of Boldy's goal.

...and Boldy's assist on Addison's goal.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know it's not as easy to quantify as points, but I want us to have some really good defensive Dmen coming up. Addison and Menell can score, as can Spurgeon, Dumba, and Suter. We need defenders with good feet, and decent size and strength. If they can move the puck a bit then all well and good. Hopefully ROR is one of those, maybe FJo...don't know about Hunt.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
3C upside maybe?

would be nice if we could randomly develop a center that is just ridiculous at face offs.

Giroux has the tools with a strong 200 ft game. He can also put the puck in the net. Watched him in Saginaw the last few years and he gets nothing but stronger. His development has been consistent and has continued this year. Always liked his attitude and leadership qualities. 5th Rd steal, JMO.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Giroux has the tools with a strong 200 ft game. He can also put the puck in the net. Watched him in Saginaw the last few years and he gets nothing but stronger. His development has been consistent and has continued this year. Always liked his attitude and leadership qualities. 5th Rd steal, JMO.
I like Giroux, but like Dewar even more. Both have some jump to their game, but are vertically challenged, and don't know how strong they are. Dewar seems to be really smart. At worst, Dewar looks to be a Rau who can play C, but I would hope for more than that.

Beckman's team is off to a bad start. In a normal year he would be trade bait. We'll see about this year. His production will likely take a hit because of his present team, though.

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad