Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Even if you think he needs to get some AHL games before he can be NHL ready, you still sign him to the ELC and have him finish this season in Iowa, a la Caufield. There's just no reason to not have him continue to play hockey one way or the other for the next month or so. Like @Bazeek said, what's the point in trying to plan out his third contract now? It's frivolous.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sign Boldy. Send him to Iowa, and bring him up for a game or two, or three. Rossi is the guy we have to take our time with. Covid has messed up his development timeline, he's a year younger than Boldy, and plays a more demanding position.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Dictating terms on what fits best with your franchise is all well and good with your middling prospects. Holding fast to some type of organizational standard that you have a track record of upholding is also a thing. But this is the teams best prospect after just burning a year on their former best prospect just last year. If what Russo is letting on is accurate, it’s a frustrating decision for a franchise that needs more talent at the very least. Even more so if Boldy decides to go back for another year as they will need ELC players next season if they want to add a center of any sort.

Seems unnecessary to create any type head games with your top prospect if he wants to turn pro.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Sign Boldy. Send him to Iowa, and bring him up for a game or two, or three. Rossi is the guy we have to take our time with. Covid has messed up his development timeline, he's a year younger than Boldy, and plays a more demanding position.

If he (Boldy) plays even one game with the big club it burns a year of his ELC

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
I've been patient in evaluating Geurin. Thinking he needed one more off season to see what he is planning for the team. But if really isn't signing Boldly to a contract to save a year, than f*** him. Fiala needs another playmaker and Boldly looks like he could be the one.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Well it is up to him. If he want's to go back for another year in BC that is really his call. However most top end 1st picks decide not to do so more often then not. My feeling is that he should and will sign. He really has nothing to gain in the sense that he just won a WJC with USA and possibly a depleted BC team for next year? Why wait?

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Caufield signed for the MTL playoff run how long until the Avalance sing Newhook, Boldy is a priority and should be signed ASAP. Teams are loading up for the playoffs. A player like Boldy could make the difference, same with the guys mention above.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I've been patient in evaluating Geurin. Thinking he needed one more off season to see what he is planning for the team. But if really isn't signing Boldly to a contract to save a year, than f*** him. Fiala needs another playmaker and Boldly looks like he could be the one.

Yeah, but why waste it on a nothing season like this? The team has essentially settled into what they are right now, with the talent they currently have. The winning streak was nice, there's flashes of what they might be able to pull off in the future, but realistically, IMO, it wasn't really sustainable. Wasting a year of his ELC on this middling season, where they're really not likely to make a run past the 1st round (again), but I don't think anyone was expecting them to at the start anyway. Just doesn't make a ton of sense to burn that year to me.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, but why waste it on a nothing season like this? The team has essentially settled into what they are right now, with the talent they currently have. The winning streak was nice, there's flashes of what they might be able to pull off in the future, but realistically, IMO, it wasn't really sustainable. Wasting a year of his ELC on this middling season, where they're really not likely to make a run past the 1st round (again), but I don't think anyone was expecting them to at the start anyway. Just doesn't make a ton of sense to burn that year to me.

The biggest reasons are that it might be good for him and it might be good for us.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
The biggest reasons are that it might be good for him and it might be good for us.

Mebbe. Not saying I wouldn't like to see what he could do. I'm as interested as anyone to give him a look. Just not sure it's worth losing a year of him in the long run to do so. Either way, if they do, they do, they don't...whatever.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Mebbe. Not saying I wouldn't like to see what he could do. I'm as interested as anyone to give him a look. Just not sure it's worth losing a year of him in the long run to do so. Either way, if they do, they do, they don't...whatever.
You do understand that you have this entirely backwards, right? Signing him now is gaining half a year of him

Reactions: Nsjohnson

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
You do understand that you have this entirely backwards, right? Signing him now is gaining half a year of him

I'll freely admit, I don't know the ins & outs of a lot of the contractual stuff. Never felt the interest to delve that deep into it. I am however, willing to learn. That said then, explain how, as someone said, if he plays one game this season and burns a year of his ELC, does that give the Wild a half year extra?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'll freely admit, I don't know the ins & outs of a lot of the contractual stuff. Never felt the interest to delve that deep into it. I am however, willing to learn. That said then, explain how, as someone said, if he plays one game this season and burns a year of his ELC, does that give the Wild a half year extra?
Because he's actually playing this year?

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
What better way to say to Kaprizov that help is on the way then to sign Boldy now for a playoff run. Rossi should be here sometime next year. Defense and Goaltending should be in place too? I like Dumba but he isn't a 50pt D man at this point?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What better way to say to Kaprizov that help is on the way then to sign Boldy now for a playoff run. Rossi should be here sometime next year. Defense and Goaltending should be in place too? I like Dumba but he isn't a 50pt D man at this point?
If he was used on the powerplay like he should be, it wouldn’t suprise me. He’s been so so good this year. Give him PP time with the correct players, along with his play away from the puck, and you’ve (soon to be Seattle) got a borderline 1D.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I get wanting Boldy on an extra year of an ELC.

But where do you save more?
  1. Two years on an ELC into a ~2-3 year bridge because of a lack of track record of output. Then into a larger extension.
  2. 3 years on an ELC into a deal greater than a bridge in regards to term and dollars.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Russo reporting Wild are signing Boldy and sending him to Iowa.

He'll burn the ELC regardless cause his signing age is 20. (Can only slide if 18 or 19)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Russo reporting Wild are signing Boldy and sending him to Iowa.

He'll burn the ELC regardless cause his signing age is 20. (Can only slide if 18 or 19)

Thank god. Hopefully we can move a guy or two at the deadline and clear enough cap to get him called up.

Reactions: Blue Ox and HotDish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad