Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It'd be nice. I think we'd all sign up for that one, right now.
Not so sure. Still only 20 years old and by the accounts I've heard from the rare person who views him, he's been much improved. I think he's got as much a chance at an NHL future as any D prospect we have outside of Addison and Menell, who are almost guaranteed a shot.

I daresay we may have jumped the gun on this kid. He might turn into a good lesson in not trying to decide a prospects fate so early.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not so sure. Still only 20 years old and by the accounts I've heard from the rare person who views him, he's been much improved. I think he's got as much a chance at an NHL future as any D prospect we have outside of Addison and Menell, who are almost guaranteed a shot.

I daresay we may have jumped the gun on this kid. He might turn into a good lesson in not trying to decide a prospects fate so early.
I'd give ROR and Hunt a better chance to play in the NHL than FJo.

Boldy goal

that's a pro style catch and release. Harder than it looked. Good work by Kuntar, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: keppel146

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
ROR is just a better pro d prospect. Better size, strength, shot, defensive ability. Not sure about skating at similar ages. Hunt was picked later because he had an injury during his draft season, but i have liked just about everything i've seen of him. Didn't look out of place at the very intense Canadian WJC tryouts, and i thought he looked ok in the AHL.
Both players (especially ROR)have a good chance to make a very stacked Canadian WJC team next year. FJo wasn't even invited to Team Sweden tryouts, I don't think, and certainly never made it.

Last edited:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Depends what the injury is, really. A torn ligament will affect him a lot more long term than a broken collarbone.
Of course. Is it a broken clavicle? Also, there are different ways in which the clavicle breaks, different injuries. Hopefully it's not a separated AC, with major tears, with the distal clavicle fractured.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Glass is half full not half empty, Dr.

I feel like 5 points fills the glass all the way, regardless of how they were gotten. I mean, even if you took his secondary assists at the end of the game away (and you can't), he still had a three point game!

And after being the optimist above, I'm going to have to throw some water on this fire, and say: Smaller sample size. We'll see how he finishes. For reference, Vanek did it over the course of 38 games, and put up 51 points. He also had a much better freshman season, proving it wasn't just a hot streak.

That said, I am very excited about Boldy.

Reactions: Wild11MN

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I really don't get the hate for FJ. He didn't pick himself higher than he should and there is certainly nothing wrong with marinating in the SHL. He always sounded like a talented player that had a lot of work to do but should he put it together later on he could surprise alot of doubters of him being a 1st round or 2nd round talent.

Idk I'm certainly willing to give him a few more years and actually in America before I write him off as I can't see BG not offering him a contract or FJ declining for a comp pick.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I really don't get the hate for FJ. He didn't pick himself higher than he should and there is certainly nothing wrong with marinating in the SHL. He always sounded like a talented player that had a lot of work to do but should he put it together later on he could surprise alot of doubters of him being a 1st round or 2nd round talent.

Idk I'm certainly willing to give him a few more years and actually in America before I write him off as I can't see BG not offering him a contract or FJ declining for a comp pick.
Yeah, I think he's showed enough to at least be offered a contract. The Wild have given contracts to guys who've shown a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad