Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Belpedio looks ok, but doesn't stand out in any way.

Addison's skating stands out...he looks like a NHL'er. Puck handling and poise is quite good, too, especially on the PP. Not sure if he has a shot. Couldn't get a read on his D play.

Boudrias looks like he is skating in wet cement.

Dewar looks consistently good to me, but I don't know that he is a NHL player. Plays fast, smart, and works hard. He looked like their best forward, to me.

Sokolov is clearly about getting his shot. Don't know if he has anything else. Addison is smart enough to set him up consistently on the PP.

Giroux was near invisible to me. Beckman, too. He looked reasonably fast, but nothing special.

I agree with all the above. Really enjoyed Addison on that last powerplay. He almost deked someone out like Makar did to the Wild last week.

Dewar looked good but not sure if his skills will translate due to his size.

Sokolov more committed defensively but took shots every time he got the puck, regardless if teammates were open or if a dman was in front of him.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
So Soky is a bit more defensive- at least enough to be notably better than last year. Still not a good skater but somehow also not that bad. Seems to maybe just have a hard time with the first two or three steps. Uses edges well enough.

And his clapper and wrister are world-class top percent of the world type shots.

I don't know...I don't have a lot of hope that he will be able to hang with the big boys but if he ever does and he gets some PP time...watch out.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I agree with all the above. Really enjoyed Addison on that last powerplay. He almost deked someone out like Makar did to the Wild last week.

Dewar looked good but not sure if his skills will translate due to his size.

Sokolov more committed defensively but took shots every time he got the puck, regardless if teammates were open or if a dman was in front of him.

I don't mind that Sokolov shoots a lot. I do mind if his feet are so clunky so that he can't get his feet in good shooting positions. Not saying that's the case right now, but not not saying it's the case, either.

Oh, I like Dumont, but nothing stood out.

Overall, the only things that popped to me was Addison's skating and puck handling poise, Dewar's energy, and Sokolov's shot.

Beckman looked like he was trying to feel his way, and not make any mistakes.

Oh, and who is Atkinson?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
did they call goaltender interference, or was it something else like offside? If it was the former, then that's a bad call.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
It was called goalie interference...the "explanation" later was goalie interference occurred earlier in the play when the puck was knocked out of the goalie's glove....but no one can find that sequence.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Number one center for the senior team ain’t to shabby at age 18

EDIT: both his linemates are either over or near a point per game in the KHL. The whole rest of the team is KHL regulars, with most of them being top line players on their team. Big things to come for him over in Russia still

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Number one center for the senior team ain’t to shabby at age 18

EDIT: both his linemates are either over or near a point per game in the KHL. The whole rest of the team is KHL regulars, with most of them being top line players on their team. Big things to come for him over in Russia still

Has he been playing in the KHL since his call up, or has he been sent back down? Do we know how he's been doing if in the KHL?

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Has he been playing in the KHL since his call up, or has he been sent back down? Do we know how he's been doing if in the KHL?
He hasn’t really played much since the WJC and I don’t know why exactly. He got 1 game with the VHL team and one with the KHL since returning. Registered a point in the KHL game on a Podkolzin goal. People have said he looks capable at that level.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Seems pretty par for the course at this point.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Yep 4 months. That shoulder will almost always be a 'weak' spot for him going forward. Kid needs to do the absolute 100/100 rehab on the shoulder.

DemidovSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yep 4 months. That shoulder will almost always be a 'weak' spot for him going forward. Kid needs to do the absolute 100/100 rehab on the shoulder.
Depends what the injury is, really. A torn ligament will affect him a lot more long term than a broken collarbone.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
This sucks. I wonder if I did something similar to my shoulder.. I fell snowboarding last February and it still doesn’t feel right/not as strong with pull-ups.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If it was a broken collar bone, one side of his upper body would be about a foot lower than the other side. I would bet on shoulder separation/dislocation. Won't be able to play for a while, but shouldn't be off the ice for 4 months.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
They have to extend an offer to get a second. I don't see how FJ doesn't sign if offered.

CBA said:
(b) In the event a Club loses its draft rights to an Unsigned Draft Choice drafted in
the first round of the Entry Draft (except as a result of failing to tender a required Bona Fide
Offer (as defined below)), who (i) is again eligible for the Entry Draft, (ii) becomes an
Unrestricted Free Agent, or (iii) dies, a Compensatory Draft Selection shall automatically be
granted to that Club, which Compensatory Draft Selection shall be the same numerical choice in
the second round in the Entry Draft immediately following the date the Club loses such rights.
By way of example, if a Club cannot sign the third pick in the first round, it will receive the third
pick in the second round as compensation.

(e) A "Bona Fide Offer" is an offer of an SPC which is for a period corresponding to
the Player's age as required under Section 9.1(b) of this Agreement, is to commence at the start
of the next League Year, offers at least the Minimum Paragraph 1 Salary as set forth in Section
11.12 of this Agreement for each League Year covered by such offer and remains open to the
Player for at least thirty (30) days after receipt of the offer by the Player. A Bona Fide Offer
may be conditioned upon acceptance by the Player within thirty (30) days and carries no right to
salary arbitration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->