Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm worried about Khovanov staying; rather get him in and get the team to work with him and see what is going on with him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm worried about Khovanov staying; rather get him in and get the team to work with him and see what is going on with him.

Maybe Guerin can get Kaprizov to whisper something sweet in his ear and convince him to come over.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

He's under contract. Wild begrudgingly let him go last year due to AHL uncertainties

Close to zero chance they sign off on a loan ( which is really just an IIHF transfer) again.

He can't play there unless we let him. Unless Russian Hockey Federation, whatever team signs him and Kohavnov himself want IIHF sanctions.

On top of IIHF transfer regulations, KHL and NHL have an agreement to respect each other's contracts. With their recent adoption of a strict 14 million salary cap, zero chance the thing that kept us from poaching Kaprizov is going to get blown up for Khovanov. KHL wouldn't allow it. Be open season.

Russo likes to ignore this and think Russia can just do whatever they want.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's under contract. Wild begrudgingly let him go last year due to AHL uncertainties

Close to zero chance they sign off on a loan ( which is really just an IIHF transfer) again.

He can't play there unless we let him. Unless Russian Hockey Federation, whatever team signs him and Kohavnov himself want IIHF sanctions.

On top of IIHF transfer regulations, KHL and NHL have an agreement to respect each other's contracts. With their recent adoption of a strict 14 million salary cap, zero chance the thing that kept us from poaching Kaprizov is going to get blown up for Khovanov. KHL wouldn't allow it. Be open season.

Russo likes to ignore this and think Russia can just do whatever they want.
Thanks for reminding me of this. What Russo reported makes no sense.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd like to see him get a shot, but on a team with Spurgeon, Dumba, and Addison, I don't know if I would call Menell badly needed. What I see the need for as Suter ages is another mobile, shutdown Dman. A RH version of Brodin would be nice...I think there was some hope that Filip Johansson would be that guy.

Reactions: Slotski

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Best of luck to Sokolov. Had some great highlights, but could not address the flaws in his game. Great shot.

Reactions: Bazeek

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Went back and looked at a lot of old scouting reports and videos to refresh my memory on how good Rossi is. I think we'd regret trading him, even for Eichel.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Went back and looked at a lot of old scouting reports and videos to refresh my memory on how good Rossi is. I think we'd regret trading him, even for Eichel.

Yeah, he was 4th on my list of players to draft, and I was shocked he fell to us. I watched a lot of him in 2019 and 2020 and came away thinking he'd land somewhere at or between 1st line center and high end 2nd line center.
Pros: Smart, lots of puck skill, great at face-offs, good shot, great playmaking, great positioning, and supports the defense actively.
Cons: Short in height. Skating is only above average.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota

Yeah, still think there's a good chance he ends up as a capable top-six C even with the lost year of development. And one or both of our first rounders we would lose probably is an NHL contributor, plus Fiala or Dumba... I don't see how we end up better overall in that scenario, even with a 1C as awesome as Eichel.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Yeah, still think there's a good chance he ends up as a capable top-six C even with the lost year of development. And one or both of our first rounders we would lose probably is an NHL contributor, plus Fiala or Dumba... I don't see how we end up better overall in that scenario, even with a 1C as awesome as Eichel.

Could the year off impact his career? Sure.. but there is also just as much of a chance that it has zero impact. We don’t know for sure but to write it off as just being “a good chance he’s a capable top 6 C” is just a weak assumption. He has things to work on and get better at no different than most of the kids his age, the thing that took the biggest hit was his goal to jump right into the NHL and if anything it will motivate him more. The only thing that will stop him from being what he should be is if his health never is 100%.. not his development or work ethic. If we were talking someone like Sokolov and his work ethic, sure.. it’s a big deal.. but not someone like Marco.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011

I agree with this. With our cap situation, we need talent on early contracts. Rossi and Boldy are gold for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad