Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
i guess saying if newhook could finish is a rip. seems more like a simple observation but sure lets go all in on newhook sucks f that guy
Going by the game against Wisconsin, Newhook looks like he'll take some time to adjust to the level of competition in the NCAA. He got blasted at center ice by a hit that he should've seen coming and didn't seem to expect at all.

That seems pretty understandable, but since they're on the same line it'll probably affect Boldy's numbers. Boldy's led BC in shots in both games so far, and if the Badgers game is any indication he sets up at least that many scoring opportunities for others.

Reactions: 2Pair

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Going by the game against Wisconsin, Newhook looks like he'll take some time to adjust to the level of competition in the NCAA. He got blasted at center ice by a hit that he should've seen coming and didn't seem to expect at all.

That seems pretty understandable, but since they're on the same line it'll probably affect Boldy's numbers. Boldy's led BC in shots in both games so far, and if the Badgers game is any indication he sets up at least that many scoring opportunities for others.
I was not calling the comment on newhook a bash just replying about dano thinking we are ripping the kid. he is a prospect for the avs though so we have to hate him right?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

1.png
Simon Johansson (D)Djurgårdens IF
1.png
SHL
1.png
Filip Johansson (D)Leksands IF
1.png
SHL
100000.006-5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
In retrospect maybe don't let guys you've fired make decisions that impact your hockey club for the next five years. Although given what we know, might as well blame Fenton 100%.

There's no sugarcoating this lack of offense from FJ and although he's on a poor team in a tough league, zeroes just don't translate to NHL-level skill too often.

That said, people here were clamoring for Dominik Bokk, who has one more point than he does after 10 games.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
And Veleno, and Noel, to a lesser extent. Veleno apparently looked very good at DRW camp, and at this point is considered to be on a par with Zadina by some of their ( admittedly fickle)fans. It sure would be nice to have a legit C prospect in the system who might be playing as early as this spring in the NHL.

I don't know why Fenton jr. Is still around...or maybe I do. I think that Guerin is waiting for a suitable time to quietly give him the boot.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
And Veleno, and Noel, to a lesser extent. Veleno apparently looked very good at DRW camp, and at this point is considered to be on a par with Zadina by some of their ( admittedly fickle)fans. It sure would be nice to have a legit C prospect in the system who might be playing as early as this spring in the NHL.

I don't know why Fenton jr. Is still around...or maybe I do. I think that Guerin is waiting for a suitable time to quietly give him the boot.
We’ve had two good drafts with PJ at the helm. I would love to keep him

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
In retrospect maybe don't let guys you've fired make decisions that impact your hockey club for the next five years. Although given what we know, might as well blame Fenton 100%.

There's no sugarcoating this lack of offense from FJ and although he's on a poor team in a tough league, zeroes just don't translate to NHL-level skill too often.

That said, people here were clamoring for Dominik Bokk, who has one more point than he does after 10 games.

*Joe Veleno

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
We’ve had two good drafts with PJ at the helm. I would love to keep him
I think he was just in charge for 2019, but the point stands. Boldy involved a little luck, but they had the sense to capitalize. Beckman's off to a good start, and Warren in the 6th looks like a great pick. I haven't really seen Firstov play, but 1+2 in 3 NCAA games seems like a good start. Not sure what to say about the goalies other than that it's nice to have a few more.

It's too early and only one draft, but it's possible that Fenton Jr sticks around because he's actually good at his job.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Gotta love judging a defenseman off of offensive stat line. Posted by the guy who loves Brodin and his defense. Big oof.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Gotta love judging a defenseman off of offensive stat line. Posted by the guy who loves Brodin and his defense. Big oof.

It does seem to be a major concern that he has no offensive game. Guys that don’t score in lesser leagues don’t typically come into the NHL and start putting up numbers. Brodin is a good example. He put up very little offense, but the one thing Brodin has going for him was he was a top minutes guy on an SHL team. Johansson couldn’t put up numbers in the Allsvenskan and now he’s a bottom pairing guy in the SHL.

I do see your point about the hypocrisy of a guy that lauds defensive play and tends to overrate defensive defenseman bashing a defenseman for lack of offense though.

But it’s still pretty clear that the correct choice would have been Veleno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad