Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Is it confirmed he's going back to the WHL? Their season doesn't start until Dec. 4th.
I could be wrong but I think he said he was in Russo's catching up with wild prospects article. As fo right now, he can't play In the AHL this year

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It must be an error, but EliteProspects has Beckman playing in Iowa this year
I'm sure that stuff is mostly automated, his last event as a hockey player was signing with the Wild on March 23rd, 2020. He hasn't played a game since (due to Covid). At some point the Wild will loan him back to the WHL and it will update.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Does anyone know what's going on with Khovanov?

Sounds like he's upset about not getting enough playing time.

Wonder if he was made certain guarantees to get him to sign with Ak Bars only for him to get hoodwinked. Seems pretty common for young Russian prospects to get shafted on ice time in their first years in the KHL.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I'm sure that stuff is mostly automated, his last event as a hockey player was signing with the Wild on March 23rd, 2020. He hasn't played a game since (due to Covid). At some point the Wild will loan him back to the WHL and it will update.
That’s my guess as well

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Wonder if he was made certain guarantees to get him to sign with Ak Bars only for him to get hoodwinked. Seems pretty common for young Russian prospects to get shafted on ice time in their first years in the KHL.

I think it's some of column a and some of column b. I think that Ak Bars didn't hold up their end of the agreement, but they didn't like his attitude.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Khovanov hasn't played for over two weeks. Is scorless in 7 gp, and in limited TOI.
Menell is back after a Covid timeout. He is scoring at a PPG pace, and logging 25 minutes per game.
Marat is scoreless in 2 games.
Lodnia has 4 a in 10gp.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Khovanov hasn't played for over two weeks. Is scorless in 7 gp, and in limited TOI.
Menell is back after a Covid timeout. He is scoring at a PPG pace, and logging 25 minutes per game.
Marat is scoreless in 2 games.
Lodnia has 4 a in 10gp.
Are you checking in the VHL? I haven't looked but someone on reddit said that Khovanov was sent down and got 2 points in 3 games. This was like a week ago though, so i'll do some digging.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Are you checking in the VHL? I haven't looked but someone on reddit said that Khovanov was sent down and got 2 points in 3 games.

Khovanov has 2 assists in 4 games in the VHL.

Marat has 3 g + 11 a in 10 MHL games.

Reactions: HotDish

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
No, haven't checked. If he doesn't get some significant KHL time, then Khovanov has to be thinking that his decision to forgo the AHL(which i agreed with) was a mistake.

It's often a shocker moving up into higher tiers of play. I'd have to think that the AHL would be just as tough as the KHL for him, though Iowa would more invested in developing him than Ak Bars, or wherever he plays over there.

Menell has put in his time with Iowa, and is more or less a finished product. At this point, he is looking for, and probably deserves, a NHL spot.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
No, haven't checked. If he doesn't get some significant KHL time, then Khovanov has to be thinking that his decision to forgo the AHL(which i agreed with) was a mistake.

It's often a shocker moving up into higher tiers of play. I'd have to think that the AHL would be just as tough as the KHL for him, though Iowa would more invested in developing him than Ak Bars, or wherever he plays over there.

Menell has put in his time with Iowa, and is more or less a finished product. At this point, he is looking for, and probably deserves, a NHL spot.
Yeah i went and checked for the VHL Bars Kazan team and he plays for them currently. He didn't play last night but he has gotten playing time in the game before and got an assist in it.

Idk the details of his loan, but I know there is talk of Ak Bars trying to find another team to take him. I wonder if the AHL does start again. (Which we have no idea if it will) If they can recall him. I doubt Ak Bars would care since he plays for their VHL team now. As it stands I'm fine with him being in the VHL if he gets playing team instead of sitting on the bench for the KHL team.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The fact that Lodnia has 4 points in 10 games tells me that Khovanov's problems are not based on skill or speed of the game.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So he's not even getting regular playing time in the VHL? He's gotta get out of there.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
Khovanov is going to be fine. This is purely political. Ak Bars might be wrong. Khovanov might be wrong.

They both might be.

But I don't think this is some major lack of skill being exposed.

I still view Khovanov as the same blue chip prospect I viewed him as a year ago.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
We have a lot of Menell doubters on this board. Lots of people have him ranked as our 3rd best defensive prospect.

Maybe they are right and the other two are that good. But Menell is fixing to (barring injury) have a LONG solid NHL career at the minimum.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I'm still of the opinion that we need to do everything we can to ensure he's not selected in the expansion draft.

If the Seattle scouts are worth a damn with a Greenway, Soucy, Menell exposed they take Menell without much though.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I believe if MN traded Dumba and asked Parise to give a expansion draft nmc waive we should be able to hang on to both Greenway and Menell.

If you can't get fair value for a Dumba this season with an expansion draft coming I'm exploring all options to make sure the only person I'm exposing is Soucy from a list of Greenway, Soucy, Menell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad