A67658E3-09B2-41D9-B458-A2D5E9E05078.jpeg

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
1. Kaprizov
2. Boldy
3. Khovanov
4. Addison
5. Beckman

is that how most people have our current Top 5? 4/5 could be interchangeable, IMO.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
1. Kaprizov
2. Boldy
3. Khovanov
4. Addison
5. Beckman

is that how most people have our current Top 5? 4/5 could be interchangeable, IMO.

I'd switch 4 and 5, but yeah. Also, I really think Kahkonen is making a case to be included, but I prefer to keep the goalies separate.

Reactions: MNRube

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Havent heard much of anything from Firstov lately.

He's been cold lately, only 1 point in his last 5 games. Plays again tonight so hopefully he can finish strong.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Has anyone seen Kahkonen's numbers? He has 7 shutouts, has a .927% and a 2.08 GAA. He is playing some great hockey right now, and the fact not a lot of people are talking about him is a shame. If he was on any other team, he'd be a top prospect.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I hope the league makes an adjustment some how to ride 3 goalies and have Dubnyk ride the pine his last year while KK and Stalock hold it down. Maybe add 1 extra goalie only spot for the roster.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Has anyone seen Kahkonen's numbers? He has 7 shutouts, has a .927% and a 2.08 GAA. He is playing some great hockey right now, and the fact not a lot of people are talking about him is a shame. If he was on any other team, he'd be a top prospect.
I posted about the 7 shutouts the other day in the affiliates thread.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I hope the league makes an adjustment some how to ride 3 goalies and have Dubnyk ride the pine his last year while KK and Stalock hold it down. Maybe add 1 extra goalie only spot for the roster.

Unless I'm mistaken, we can still roster 3 goalies. Just takes up that 3rd extra roster spot that we rarely use anyways.

He can still be sent down too and clear $1M off the cap. That's what I'd probably do, as much as it'd suck for Dubnyk. KK absolutely has to be up here next year though and if Stalock cools down the rest of this season, I'd be quick to pull KK up here to try to build some momentum for a playoff run. A hot goalie does wonders in the playoffs.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Unless I'm mistaken, we can still roster 3 goalies. Just takes up that 3rd extra roster spot that we rarely use anyways.

He can still be sent down too and clear $1M off the cap. That's what I'd probably do, as much as it'd suck for Dubnyk. KK absolutely has to be up here next year though and if Stalock cools down the rest of this season, I'd be quick to pull KK up here to try to build some momentum for a playoff run. A hot goalie does wonders in the playoffs.
I'd rather buy him out this summer. Save him the embarrassment of going to the AHL, give him a chance to go try and revive his career somewhere else on a cheap contract, and remove the distraction of questioning if he should be called up if whoever the starter is next season hits a cold streak.

Plus it's conceivable the Wild might need the extra contract slot given there are a few prospects likely to turn pro before the end of next season.

Reactions: MuckOG

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I'd rather buy him out this summer. Save him the embarrassment of going to the AHL, give him a chance to go try and revive his career somewhere else on a cheap contract, and remove the distraction of questioning if he should be called up if whoever the starter is next season hits a cold streak.

Plus it's conceivable the Wild might need the extra contract slot given there are a few prospects likely to turn pro before the end of next season.

If there's an actual contractual benefit to buying him out, I'd agree. Otherwise, I just can't get on board with cutting him. It's a business and he'd be getting paid a large amount to play in the AHL, so it's really not a terrible situation for him. The Wild took the chance on him initially and then committed to a long-term contract with him. He's not "owed" anything IMO.

I feel like we've continuously had dead cap on our books for the past few seasons and it's not a trend I hope they continue. Every dollar can matter in this league and I'd hate to come up 800k short on a big FA signing or contract extension because we wanted to do Dubnyk a solid.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

P10p

May 15, 2012
Kahkonen is amazing dont get me wrong. But the team in front of him has helped a lot! That iowa team is a great hockey team.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If there's an actual contractual benefit to buying him out, I'd agree. Otherwise, I just can't get on board with cutting him. It's a business and he'd be getting paid a large amount to play in the AHL, so it's really not a terrible situation for him. The Wild took the chance on him initially and then committed to a long-term contract with him. He's not "owed" anything IMO.

I feel like we've continuously had dead cap on our books for the past few seasons and it's not a trend I hope they continue. Every dollar can matter in this league and I'd hate to come up 800k short on a big FA signing or contract extension because we wanted to do Dubnyk a solid.

It is a business....but there are intangibles in play. He's been a key contributor and core piece of this team for quite a few years, and with that should come a little degree of respect for how to handle the situation. I don't think Bill Guerin would suffer him the indignity of being demoted. I predict that he will be bought out and Dubnyk given the opportunity to sign on with another team if he wants to because he has earned it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Khovanov 0+3 last night. Assisted on all 3 Moncton goals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad