Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think we are talking about two different groups. I meant the six first mentioned, not the second part guys.

Obviously 6 guys can't all become top 6 wingers because there are only 4 spots. But at this point in time, I have zero problem with planning on Fiala/Kaprizov/Boldy/Beckman as the wingers on our top 2 lines in the near-ish future.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously 6 guys can't all become top 6 wingers because there are only 4 spots. But at this point in time, I have zero problem with planning on Fiala/Kaprizov/Boldy/Beckman as the wingers on our top 2 lines in the near-ish future.
Beckman and Firstov seem top 6 or bust

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Beckman and Firstov seem top 6 or bust
I've seen it mentioned in a few articles, but Beckman seems pretty intent on rounding out his game.

Five questions with Spokane Chiefs forward Adam Beckman

What part of your game has developed the most to bring you this success?
I think the biggest thing is just trying to develop as a full 200-foot player is kind of something that I really need to work on. I think I’ve grown a lot over the last couple of years but that’s something I still need to work on.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Khovanov-question.

Is the case with him the same as Kaprizov, he is Wilds property until the day he dies if he decides to not play for us. (And unless we trade his rights ofc)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Khovanov-question.

Is the case with him the same as Kaprizov, he is Wilds property until the day he dies if he decides to not play for us. (And unless we trade his rights ofc)
Not the same, drafted from the CHL, but already signed his ELC so the only way he goes to the KHL is if we loan him to a KHL team. We'd have the ability to recall him at any time.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Didn't our prospect pool get ranked in the 20's by almost everyone before this season?

Khovanov & Beckman blowing up has really given the system a jolt. Throw in Addison, a pair of 1st rounders this summer, and whatever futures we get at the deadline and we will probably have a Top 5 pool before we know it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hentges has been quiet lately, but he has been playing well in a tougher league than junior. Hope his injuries don't derail his development. He plays the critical C position, also.

Boldy looks to have average strength, to me. I think he needs another year in college.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So by my count: Khovanov, Giroux, Boudrias, Lodnia and Addison should all be making the jump to the AHL next year. Filip Johansson is also possible (I'd get him out of Sweden and start being more hands on). Possibly Boldy from the way he was talking about being one and done earlier. Anybody else I'm missing? I doubt Hentges would make the jump yet. Beckman can't.

Rau, Brown, Beck, Anas, Liambas and Bartkowski could all be cut loose after this season.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So by my count: Khovanov, Giroux, Boudrias, Lodnia and Addison should all be making the jump to the AHL next year. Filip Johansson is also possible (I'd get him out of Sweden and start being more hands on). Possibly Boldy from the way he was talking about being one and done earlier. Anybody else I'm missing? I doubt Hentges would make the jump yet. Beckman can't.

Rau, Brown, Beck, Anas, Liambas and Bartkowski could all be cut loose after this season.
I could see Dubnyk making the jump

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Not that I have an issue with cutting any of those guys, but Khovanov and Addison are the only guys I'd go out of my way to make room for. Giroux, Boudrias, Lodnia can all get the Dewar treatment.

I also wonder how much Guerin cares about Johansson. Whether he was a Flahr pick or a Fenton pick, I can see a scenario where Guerin doesn't share the same love for him that Fenton expressed at the draft. Wonder if he's content to let Johansson stay in Sweden until he forces our hand. Especially with Addison, who I'm sure Guerin does actually like, needing a spot, and Menell/Belpedio already in Iowa.

Still pretty intrigued by Boldy and if they agree he could be one and done or if they want him to stay another year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not that I have an issue with cutting any of those guys, but Khovanov and Addison are the only guys I'd go out of my way to make room for. Giroux, Boudrias, Lodnia can all get the Dewar treatment.

I also wonder how much Guerin cares about Johansson. Whether he was a Flahr pick or a Fenton pick, I can see a scenario where Guerin doesn't share the same love for him that Fenton expressed at the draft. Wonder if he's content to let Johansson stay in Sweden until he forces our hand. Especially with Addison, who I'm sure Guerin does actually like, needing a spot, and Menell/Belpedio already in Iowa.

Still pretty intrigued by Boldy and if they agree he could be one and done or if they want him to stay another year.

I wasn't on board with Dewar getting the Dewar treatment.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wasn't on board with Dewar getting the Dewar treatment.

I wasn't either, but I also think Dewar is a much better prospect than those three, so I'd be fine with it.

Again though, I have 0 issue with letting those UFA's you mentioned walk to make room for all of them. I just question whether they want Iowa to have that many AHL rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->